Survey

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Hey, everyone! I've got a massive project for one of my racing classes this semester. I need the help of as many people as possible, so I hope you'll all take the time to fill out the survey below. Don't worry, it doesn't take long! I'd really appreciate it if you could e-mail your responses to PonyAce@aol.com. Please, please, PLEASE resist the temptation to look anything up. This is ALL about your perceptions.

Thank you SO much!

1-Where do you live?
2-Which racing circuit do you follow most closely?
3-Do you consider yourself a serious or casual fan or handicapper?
4-Excluding Kentucky, overall the most successful state-breds are from what state?
5-California-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
6-California-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
7-Maryland-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
8-Maryland-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
9-Florida-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
10-Florida-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
11-New York-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
12-New York-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
13-Pennsylvania-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
14-Pennsylvania-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
15-On an average card at a California track, how many state-bred races are run?
16-On an average card at a Maryland track, how many state-bred races are run?
17-On an average card at a Florida track, how many state-bred races are run?
18-On an average card at a New York track, how many state-bred races are run?
19-On an average card at a Pennsylvania track, how many state-bred races are run?
20-Over the course of a year, approximately how many California-bred stakes races are run?
21-Over the course of a year, approximately how many Maryland-bred stakes races are run?
22-Over the course of a year, approximately how many Florida-bred stakes races are run?
23-Over the course of a year, approximately how many New York-bred stakes races are run?
24-Over the course of a year, approximately how many Pennsylvania-bred stakes races are run?
25-Please rank the following groups in order of how much money you believe they run for, with your “1” ranking running for the most.
a.California-breds
b.Maryland-breds
c.Florida-breds
d.New York-breds
e.Pennsylvania-breds
26-From the perspective of a bettor, would you say that state-bred programs overall add or detract from a race card?
27-From the perspective of a fan, would you say that state-bred programs overall add or detract from the sport or your enjoyment as a fan?
28-Any other comments on your impressions of state-bred programs?

Thanks again!
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

OK - I sent in my answers; in a couple of weeks, could you add the correct answers (I like to satisfy my curiosity, but don't have time to look it up)
I'm just here for the fun of it
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Sent! I'd love to see the correct answers as well at some point, doing this survery showed how little I acutally know about statebred programs, i'm slightly ashamed of myself :P
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I'm not sending my answers in because I don't know a freaking thing about real racing other than some of the jockeys' names.