Roja Sauce - just a sprinter?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Roja Sauce - just a sprinter?

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=84757

4 wins from 5 starts, from 300-350 yards. I wonder if she can stretch out anymore? I don't really specialize in paints. :lol: I do know that she does have a future date with So Hot I'm Shocking.. <<<3!
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Re: Roja Sauce - just a sprinter?

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Oooh, very nice! Most of the QHs/Paints/Appys I've dealt with seem to be pretty picky (the Arabs may be too but I haven't dealt with them quite as much). I have some that will only run their best at one distance and do much worse at other distances, so the fact that she's run pretty equal speed figs at two different distances is nice! Gives you more options hehe. Her workouts at 300 and 350 are about equally as good, or at least to me, so that doesn't really help. I would say that because some of the mixed breeds seem to be so picky that she probably won't want to stretch out any farther. However, I definitely wouldn't blame you for trying. I'd probably try 400 first, because if she doesn't like that she almost definitely won't like 870. But, if you try 870 first and she doesn't like it, she could still like 400.

So yeah, if you got through that without being confused, yay for you! I just about confused myself haha. Whatever happens, she's still a REALLY nice filly and good luck with her!
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I'm agreeing with Alex. Your filly is already running a solid time at 300/350, and so I doubt she'll run even better at other distances, or even equally as good. (Though, if it were me, I'd be tempted to check 400yds just in case.)

From what I've studied, the color breeds have three distinct distance categories:

300/350

Eg, a horse can be unimpressive at 300/350 and at 870, but be outstanding at 400.
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

Thanks - I don't know what her figs are but it does sound like she's nice from what you guys say. I'll just keep her sprinting for now. :-)
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

All of my 300/350 yard horses flop terribly at 400. (I believe Melissa Mae's mare, Strawfly, flopped at 400 as well.. and the mare's consistent at 300-350) So if she were *my* horse, I would keep her where she's at as well. :)
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Like Mea said, I have VERY few paints that can make the transition from 350 to 400 yards. Strawfly Firewater, who is really good at 300/350 yards, ran worse than my claimers at 400 yards. Definitely not something I'd be eager to try again.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Bottom line, the mixers are kinda just like TBs.

Less than 400 yards are 'sprints'
400 yards is kinda like the 'mid distance' (mile if u think of TB talk)
Greater than 400 yards are 'routes'
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

You never know until you try, but this taught me a valuable lesson about the difference that fifty or a hundred yards can make. ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

Cleo - I plan on it :wink:

What/where are all the good stakes for 3yo fillies? I'm not sure if I'd run her at 300 or 350, or both. I'm not sure. I might sell, as paints aren't really my thing. Offer :lol:

I am debating getting a headshot, I really wanna know what Red Roan on the SIM looks like, hehe.