Stallion for Next Year for Royal Inspiration

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Ok pedigree buffs, I am getting ready for next sim year already and I want my breedings planned out ahead of time! So the first mare I looked at was Royal Inspiration. She's by Serena Success out of the awesome broodmare Flanders. So I spent a LOT of time searching her dam's side of the pedigree. Here's what I came up with. Hope I am on the right track here.

Flanders herself was bred to a lot of nice stallions such as Giant's Causeway, Conduit and the list is longer lol.

However when I got down to Smart Glow, I noticed that she produced Zinfandel. And since a couple of these mares out of Flanders were bred to Conduit and he's now pensioned, I was thinking that Zinfandel MIGHT be a very nice alternative to Conduit.

Also I did find that Surfside was bred to Sports Jersey. I wondered if there was a son of his that would be standing next year that would suit her.

I have also noticed that the Silver Charm line works nicely with Flanders, and I would maybe like to find a stallion from this particular line.

I also did find Trophy's name when I was researching....I am wondering about him as well lol.

Ok so I summed up my notes so this thread would not be too long....it's getting late here and I am getting tired so if any of this doesn't make sense....lol...please forgive me! :) Any ideas and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! I would LOVE to find a NICE stallion for this mare! :) She's got a foal by Sports Jersey that is stakes placed and Inspire's little bro Royal Sport is looking very promising! :) Thanks in advance :)
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

How 'bout Loki Dynasty?
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

I now have him listed as a possibility :) I like the fact there's inbreeding to Seeking the Gold with that cross. Thanks! :) Any more suggestions? :)
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Cross off Zinfandel; 3x2 to Flanders is a risky idea with a mare already prone to unsoundness (Flanders' career ended in injury, Serena Success is a full to the notoriously unsound Priceless Forever, and Conduit, while relatively solid, is still a Silver Charm line horse).

Additionally, you haven't even raced a horse this year yet. You have probably 18 weeks before you CAN breed again, and 28 weeks before you would reasonably WANT to breed the mare again. Looking for stallions now is

1) Likely to be a waste of time since you're not using anywhere near complete information about how the SIM will now handle pedigrees and some of the new bloodlines
2) Missing out on a lot of stallions who haven't retired yet. Since I only know my own racers at this point, I'll point out the colt Edict, the early KY Derby favorite who happens to be Symbol x Cloak (Tremendous x a Sunday Silence mare), who fits the description of a "Silver Charm/Sunday Silence" line horse that I gave you above.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Eric,

Thanks for your comments. I forgot that Flanders didn't retire sound. This is the kind of comments I was hoping to get! :) Royal Inspiration DID retire sound so just on that note.

I know we haven't raced a horse yet, and I know that there's gonna be retirements. I just want to be really prepared and get my ducks in a line to speak.

Zinfandel is now off of my list for this mare....I am as of right now looking seriously at Loki Dynasty.

Yes, I also know that none of us....other than Em knows how the sim's gonna treat pedigrees.

Again thanks for your comments though! :)
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

I'd keep in mind a bunch of the new Japanese horses that were recently added. Flanders had a very, very nice mare by Sunday Silence (Sound of Silence), and quite a few of his sons/grandsons have been added. At this point, it's tough to say which will sire dirt/turf/both but I'd keep an eye out.