Addicted?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Ok... so, I just ran a piece of software I have on my system to cut down on spyware and whatnot and found that I have visited THIS site (not the turfangels one) the most out of any site.

And the grand total of hits? 4665!
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

IsaP wrote: Ok... so, I just ran a piece of software I have on my system to cut down on spyware and whatnot and found that I have visited THIS site (not the turfangels one) the most out of any site.

And the grand total of hits? 4665!
Is that all? ;)

Gosh, I wonder if there is an award for the most hours/hits spent on this site... hee hee. I know I spend more time researching and entering than I should. But I just can't help it. B)

I think if I averaged all the time I do spend on the SIM, it would be about 10 hours a week. Most of that time is me going back and forth from one race to the next wondering if I should or shouldn't enter this horse or that one. The second most amount of time is consumed by researching all of the other horses in a given race. Rarely do I just enter willy-nilly. And if I am the first entry, and it's a big race you bet I keep my eyes on the entries and who is coming in. I have learned so much in the past SIM year and half, but have much more to learn.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Dave Shields wrote: I think if I averaged all the time I do spend on the SIM, it would be about 10 hours a week.
And is THAT all? :P I'd guess I do around 14-15 hours a week. My hit number is 1155 BUT it's not an accurate reflection of the number of times I check the SIM because there was this point recently where I deleted and readded the bookmark because it was being weird and then of course there'd be a ton more if hits on the old turfangels.com/sim site. But you're just talking the new simhorseracing.com one, right?
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I've gotten word from Em that I am the person who spends the most time on the SIM... or at least for the past few weeks I had been- last week I was really distracted though so maybe someone else overtook me.

I have mixed emotions about being so addicted to the SIM. It's like, yay, I told everyone I love this game and now you can see just how much! But then again... man, how pathetic am I? I have no life. :lol:

:ph34r:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Heh.. I almost said my amount of time is limited by the fact that I can't be on at work, but I end up checking the site during my breaks. What can I say? These guys are my only horses.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

my guess is that i'm the most pathetic person here.....i'm a stay at home mom so have LOTS of time to spend on the sim. every chance i get i check to see if any new horses are up for sale, if there's any interesting conversation going on in the forum, if anyone bred to any of my studs, blah blah blah...and sometimes, i just click on fiji nights for the sole purpose of just seeing how great she is! lol. i do this every chance i get!! yet i still miss a lot of great buys off the sale page! grrrr
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

If I am not at work or at my taekwondo classes I am almost always on the sim LOL....
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I am currently blowing off this entire semester (Hey, D is for Degree, right?) but I'll be darned if I let this game slip!
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I wish I could be on here more, maybe my horses might win more, lol. I might be doing better this year than last but that might be that the horses are tired of my "help" lol :unsure: I still feel very stupid sometimes.

On the other note though, I think about my horses all throughout the day. I talk about them to my coworkers- I talk about race records, I brag about breaking Maidens, exsplain the difference between turf and dirt tracks, even debate what stallions to use. And I talk about hopes for my foals I make. :lol:

Sometimes they roll their eyes and say this is one of your computer horses right? then just nod absently throughout. :ph34r:
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

Before I fall asleep at night, I always try to figure out what I should try next with my horses, wondering if they are ready for a stakes, and worrying about how my babies will do. If only I have more time... :rolleyes:
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I just say I have OSD - Obsessive Sim Disorder
I'm just here for the fun of it
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

HUMM.. JUST GOT THE WORD WERE REMODLING AT WORK, ASO bein u just gotta outta surgery and our clients are miost likrly to have issuses in new settings i get to be off till after doc apt on wed..ans now with the help of my meds an d my son who set up this chair for me looks like i get to spemnd the next 5 days here,.lol see theres a bright thing to everythibg even a shattered wrist..i get to be here for not obly the sim bc day but the real one too]on tv that is]