Shipping goes mad!

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kris Rain
Sprinter

Re: Shipping goes mad!

Post by Kris Rain »

It seems all of mine have shipped as well! Did a double take when I logged and saw my balance was a bit lower than it should have been!
Karen Hopkins
Two Year Old

Post by Karen Hopkins »

Heck I just lost all my winnings from last night too. My horses are shipping everywhere around the world! :(
2009-07-18 12:17 am PDT Moved Come Around to Youngster Park -1,010
2009-07-18 12:05 am PDT Moved Big Shot to Dominican Republic Downs -240
2009-07-18 12:03 am PDT Moved Shackleton to Coliseum Park -710
2009-07-18 12:01 am PDT Moved Legendary Memory to Futurity Park -110
2009-07-18 12:00 am PDT Moved Redstone to Futurity Park -110

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! I'm under attack....................
Karen Hopkins
Two Year Old

Post by Karen Hopkins »

The mystery begins........................
Joe Garrity
Sprinter

Post by Joe Garrity »

Here's some observations (combined between Sara and me) that may help:

All our "Racing Barn" thoroughbreds shipped to odd tracks.
The one "Racing Barn" standardbred we have between us did NOT ship.

All our "Training Barn" and "Breeding Barn" horses (thoroughbred and standardbred) did NOT ship.
Joe
Garrity's Voyager Racing Stables LLC
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Oops!
This problem was created (by me) last night when the results weren't showing up correctly. I made a hasty fix to show results and I worried about what the collateral damage might be. I didn't have a chance to think how it might affect AutoShip. Basically, AutoShip considered all lifetime entries rather than just future entries (of which there are none).

Here's what seemed to happen. It was thinking about horses' very first entry in their life. It shipped horses whose first entry ran while owned by a person who currently has autoship turned on. In other words, if the horse was owned by a current AutoShip person during it's first run ever, then it was shipped to the location of it's very first race. That is why it affected people who don't currently have AutoShip turned on.

It affected 66957 horses and 167 people.

It is fixed for the future.... but how to fix what it did? We're working on that.

It is difficult to test everything when we move quickly with changes and enhancements. This is the first time that the SIM 4.0 code is running during a "break" with races closed.

We'll let you know how we will address this issue.

Thanks for your understanding.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Admin wrote: ...

Here's what seemed to happen. It was thinking about horses' very first entry in their life. It shipped horses whose first entry ran while owned by a person who currently has autoship turned on. In other words, if the horse was owned by a current AutoShip person during it's first run ever, then it was shipped to the location of it's very first race. That is why it affected people who don't currently have AutoShip turned on.
I thought I should point out that Camera Obscura shipped, but not to the track of his first start. In addition, his first owner is no longer a player.
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Jeb Clampett wrote:
Admin wrote: ...

I thought I should point out that Camera Obscura shipped, but not to the track of his first start. In addition, his first owner is no longer a player.

Jeb,

It shipped to the racecourse that the horse had its first start under your ownership?
Last edited by Charles Bunbury 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Kevin Wynn
Two Year Old

Post by Kevin Wynn »

Should we leave the shipped horses where they are for a correction?

18 Jul 2009 3:16 am Moved Yellow Fin to Fair Weather Park
18 Jul 2009 3:16 am Moved Xp Western Kat to Price Is Right Park
18 Jul 2009 3:16 am Moved Kauai Hunk to Futurity Park
18 Jul 2009 3:15 am Moved It's A Mystery to Albuquerque Park
18 Jul 2009 3:15 am Moved Kauai Hunk to Oklahoma Park
18 Jul 2009 3:15 am Moved Xp Western Kat to Virginia City Park
18 Jul 2009 3:15 am Moved Discreet Amazon to Wasteland Park
18 Jul 2009 3:15 am Moved It's A Mystery to Jamaica Racecourse
18 Jul 2009 3:15 am Moved Irate to Louisville Downs
18 Jul 2009 3:13 am Moved Discreet Amazon to Sunday Park
18 Jul 2009 3:10 am Moved Wariner to Ruidoso Raceway
18 Jul 2009 3:07 am Moved Dreams Of Grandeur to Puerto Rico Raceway
18 Jul 2009 3:05 am Moved Dreams Of Grandeur to Munich Park
18 Jul 2009 3:00 am Moved Wariner to Los Angelitos
18 Jul 2009 12:11 am Moved Irate to A Bluegrass Hub Stable
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Kevin Wynn wrote:Should we leave the shipped horses where they are for a correction?
Probably.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

YES Kevin please!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kevin Wynn
Two Year Old

Post by Kevin Wynn »

The Steward wrote:YES Kevin please!
Ok, thank you.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Thank you for contacting me about the problem - unfortunately, the problem occurred when those of us that run the SIM were all asleep, so we weren't aware of the problem until this morning. We're working as quickly as possible to return all the affected horses to their original location, undo the fatigue effects of the many miles the horses have accidentally logged, and refund the money that was debited from people's accounts - performing this requires writing a decent bit of entirely new code, so the fix may take at least a few hours.

When we reach a resolution, a more detailed explanation will be posted on the forum, but in the meantime sit tight and we'll get it resolved as quickly as possible. Although you won't be able to ship your horses (we are trying to correct that ourselves), we still encourage you to breed them if you'd like. Thank you again for your notification and your patience!

-SIMHorseRacing.com Management
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Just FYI if people are wondering why posts are moving around... I just went through and merged the four topics related to the shipping bug into one thread so that you don't have to hunt in 4 threads for updates/info.
Nathan Sellers
Turf Router

Post by Nathan Sellers »

As someone who's been through a few glitches, I would just recommend a few things:

1) For the time being, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. Clicking buttons at this point isn't going to help.
2) DON'T FREAK OUT! The Steward has been around the block a time or two. She will get this resolved. You will get your money back and your horses will be returned to their barns. And if not, she will do what's necessary to make it right.
3) Relax! We're on break after all.
Greatest $95,000
Winner of 9 Grade 1s!

Evenmoneyfavorite $25,000
25 Winners from 1st crop, including Betterbetdabestbet!

Sky of Mysteries $30,000
66% winners, Avg. Earnings = $ 38,000 & Sire of SC Sprint Champion Sky Ruler!

Daring $15,000
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

not sure if ALL horses are being shipped back to their starting point or not...i was looking to see if certain horses were retired to stud duty yet...and looked up SOMETHING BETTER, he was shipped to lexington racecourse this morning, but he didn't make his first start there...