Shipping goes mad!

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Re: Shipping goes mad!

Post by Ara Davies »

Thanks a lot!!! Elusive Pegasus is now at a New York track and is convinced this means he has a shot to win the Belmont again!! I even told the stupid horse it's the wrong time of year but he won't shut up about the mile and a half! grrrr :x
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I think the bigger issue with Something Better is that he hasn't been retired.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Rebecca Cass
Turf Router

Post by Rebecca Cass »

Wow I get online today and see what seems like half of my horses shipped all over the place, yikes! Didn't know it would effect my long since retired ones too, wow.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

Ara Davies wrote:Thanks a lot!!! Elusive Pegasus is now at a New York track and is convinced this means he has a shot to win the Belmont again!! I even told the stupid horse it's the wrong time of year but he won't shut up about the mile and a half! grrrr :x

lol...THEN is at futurity park, i guess all the breeding has made him delirious and now he thinks he's a baby 2 yr old ready to race again! lol.
Megan Grant
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Megan Grant »

I was a little concerned at first, but now that I know everything will be righted (eventually) I find the whole thing rather amusing.

I was planning to do some breeding in the meantime but I've realized I don't want a bunch of foals born and boarded at racetracks.
Last edited by Megan Grant 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

LaDonna King wrote:not sure if ALL horses are being shipped back to their starting point or not...i was looking to see if certain horses were retired to stud duty yet...and looked up SOMETHING BETTER, he was shipped to lexington racecourse this morning, but he didn't make his first start there...
He did for the current owner :wink:
The previous/original owner is no longer in the game.

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Beathan Vale
Miler

Post by Beathan Vale »

Wow --

I had my best day of racing, with earnings of more than $250k, putting me well over $300k for the break -- and now my stir-crazy horses have reduced my bank account to $37. LOL

Looks like field straw feed for the moment.

Beathan
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

In the meantime, here is something to pass the time. :)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but I noticed another odd thing. I hadn't noticed that there was a problem this morning so I shipped Much Like Falling to Dubai, but the plane must have changed course after take off becuase it shipped him to Inglewood right afterwards. I don't know if the SIM has always had the ability to change destination after shipping has started or if this is something else that has broken, so I figured I'd mention it.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Karie McBrian
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Karie McBrian »

I bred a couple to Start of the End to then realize I got babies bred in Chile!
YIKES!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The shipping glitch has been fixed and the money refunded to your accounts. This was a very tricky and complex glitch, and we're sorry for any inconvenience that it caused. Because so many horses were affected, we had to make sure that the fix would actually work instead of going about it haphazardly!

There is both good news and bad news now. The bad news is that some horses could not be fixed, either because they didn't have a location history before last night or because the name of the farm they were at changed in the last few weeks - these were almost exclusively older mares or stallions around before Year 16.

The good news is that shipping is going to be free for everyone during the break, which has been extended by one day. Foals are now due on July 26th at noon Pacific instead of July 25th.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

LOL, I now have to ship:

Banner, Canoe, Canute, Canyon, Coast, Conduit, Consort, Contest, Elusive Pegasus, Gift, Jet-Ski, Look Radiant, Lyrical, Pathfinder, War Song, Wish, and Zip.

I have elected to let Sports Jersey remain at Arcadia Park permanently where he has been installed as the resident retiree for the little kids to visit. He loves that. :)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Thanks on the free shipping, and getting the bug fixed so quickly.

Was energy refunded at all? Or are the horses who got a long usa -> europe -> usa round trip, best to wait a extra week to run. ?

Thanks.
Innocent Onlooker
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Congratulations to Em and her team on a well done recovery. Don't think you could have done any better. I think I picked up on it somewhere there that you don't drink, but maybe heading out for a vacation after an event like that you will reconsider! <BG> I'll have one for you just in case you don't change your mind. Best!
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Fabio Socarraz
Derby Contender

Post by Fabio Socarraz »

Em,
Thank you for being calm and fixing the shipping bug. Even though I was freakin out you were calm and fixed it. You handled it in a professional way and I thank you.
Good work.
Fabio

Vista Hermosa Farm, Puerto Rico $20
Winds Aloft Standing at Vista Hermosa Farm, (PRI) $15,000
Smelted Glory Standing at Vista Hermosa Farm, (PRI) $8,000