Chat on a Mac

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Chat on a Mac

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Whenever I use the chat room on my Macbook, I can't copy/paste anything in there. I also can't click on links to open them. So I can never actually open anything when people are trying to show horses by posting links in there, and I can't put any of mine in unless I type it out (which is aggravating and takes forever). I've tried pressing Apple, Option, etc. while clicking, and still it won't work. What else can I do to get this working? I use Safari, if that helps.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Chat on a Mac

Post by The Steward »

I always reload the chat once after I get in, and then can click links and copy/paste. That doesn't work for everyone though :-(
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

I cant copy and paste some times either, the push button way..
But Control C is copy, and Control V is paste. (on a pc)
And that works for me, very well. Do you have keyboard commands for copy paste on your mac?

Regards.

*edit .. Google seems to think its the same commands for macs.
(NOTE: Mac users press "command-c" and "command-v" to cut-and-paste.) etc..
Innocent Onlooker
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I use the drag method for the chat room. I highlight and drag it over and it will paste it. But i can't Command +v to paste. I can click links though just fine!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Apple + C or Apple + V doesn't work for me, I already knew about that command. I use key commands like crazy, since it saves so much time at work in Photoshop and stuff.

I'll try Jolene and Em's suggestions next time I venture in, and see if I can get them to work. Thanks!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds