Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Dave Trainer »

Tomorrow has to be better Jo :D
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Jo... sorry to hear about that... plumbing bills and appliance repair bills can be spendy.
There is kind of a ying/yang in it all though... no water... no washing / no washing, no need for a dryer. :P

It's hard sometimes, but when bad things happen to me, I try so hard to find some kind of humor or at least irony in it all... keeps me sane.
Hopefully that will be all the bad luck you have for the rest of the year.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Stormy Peak wrote: 6 years ago Jo... sorry to hear about that... plumbing bills and appliance repair bills can be spendy.
There is kind of a ying/yang in it all though... no water... no washing / no washing, no need for a dryer. :P

It's hard sometimes, but when bad things happen to me, I try so hard to find some kind of humor or at least irony in it all... keeps me sane.
Hopefully that will be all the bad luck you have for the rest of the year.

Stormy
I have a brother who fixed it for me, all of my siblings and me know a LOT about repairing and everything, it's just I don't have tools and my Brother is fixing the plumbing in his house so he has my dad's supplies. I did laundry last night so I do need the dryer, but I also have a sister who lives a mile away :)
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Barb Stearns
Two Year Old

Post by Barb Stearns »

What would I need to do, to get an 'official player' name change? I need to go incognito for many reasons and would like to change it- what's the best way to got about it?
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Barb Stearns wrote: 6 years ago What would I need to do, to get an 'official player' name change? I need to go incognito for many reasons and would like to change it- what's the best way to got about it?
Use the contact form on the main site to send a message to the Steward with what you’d like it changed to. Other players have done it in the past so it shouldn’t be too much trouble :)
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

LOL...

I had a 'Windows Technician' call me... Yesterday I got a computer one...telling me, my Windows licence had expired. :lol: I just hung up on that..lol.

Today it was a live person, some guy with a definite Indian accent, he started to tell me I had a problem with my Windows licence and my computer would be shut down if I didn't take care of the licencing fee.

I asked him...
"How does it feel to live your life as a scammer? Trying to con people out of their money? Does this make you proud of yourself?."

He tried to continue his spiel about my computer needing to renew it's licence. I interrupted him and told him he was talking to someone who knew he was a liar, and a con artist and again...asked him how he could live with his dishonest self... it must stink.

He hung up... I hung up...

30 seconds later.. the phone rings again and it's him... and he said "I want to talk to the b**ch.
I said "You're talking to her." :lol:
He then called me a b**ch..
I said, "Yes, we established that already" :lol:
He then put the word 'f*ing' in front of the previous word..
I replied "Yep, I can be like that too, but I still have more pride in myself than to ever be a low life scamming con artist."

He hung up. !!!!

So funny!

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Post by Irving Faulkner »

Stormy Peak wrote: 6 years ago LOL...

I had a 'Windows Technician' call me... Yesterday I got a computer one...telling me, my Windows licence had expired. :lol: I just hung up on that..lol.

Today it was a live person, some guy with a definite Indian accent, he started to tell me I had a problem with my Windows licence and my computer would be shut down if I didn't take care of the licencing fee.

I asked him...
"How does it feel to live your life as a scammer? Trying to con people out of their money? Does this make you proud of yourself?."

He tried to continue his spiel about my computer needing to renew it's licence. I interrupted him and told him he was talking to someone who knew he was a liar, and a con artist and again...asked him how he could live with his dishonest self... it must stink.

He hung up... I hung up...

30 seconds later.. the phone rings again and it's him... and he said "I want to talk to the b**ch.
I said "You're talking to her." :lol:
He then called me a b**ch..
I said, "Yes, we established that already" :lol:
He then put the word 'f*ing' in front of the previous word..
I replied "Yep, I can be like that too, but I still have more pride in myself than to ever be a low life scamming con artist."

He hung up. !!!!

So funny!

Stormy
:P in a few words, you said to that person, ok you're innocent but you're a prisoner

in answering him, what he did not want to hear :P :P :P
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Stormy - so good! I always think of the right thing to say AFTER I hang up!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've had these types of calls before and usually just hang up. But afterwards, I would think.. "I should have said something to let them know what I think of them."

He caught me on the right day today...lol. I think having the computer call the day before, had me less surprised to hear from them again.

I think the last time a few years ago I got into it with them... most people were still running XP and Microsoft had announced that it would no longer support it and people had to get Win7. The scammers were calling, assuming most people had XP still. I did.. but I knew better than to let them be the ones to install Win7 for me. I was told that my computer would be "Locked Up" if I didn't pay to let them get in there and install Win7.

They caught me on a bad day to be telling me that. Funny thing is, I had picked up my answering machine as it started to record...and I still have the conversation on it. My niece heard it and couldn't believe I knew how to cuss like that. LOL. I couldn't believe that scammer was Demanding I get Win7 from them or they would lock up my computer. With a lot of profanity, I basically told them "Good luck with that"

I eventually did get Win7, but it was from my local computer shop. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

I had a "windows"person (Indian accent) call me the other day. They proceeded to tell me that my firewall had expired and that I needed to update it. I interrupted him told him that my computer was not hooked up to the internet nor do I have internet (besides on my phone). He kept asking me if he call finish telling me what he was trying to say. I told him no and repeated what I just said. We did that probably 3 or 4 times. Finally I said "And I am not the national do not call list." His response was "Well it's not a problem"....uhh yes, yes it is. I hung up on him and my 6 yr old son goes "You're not supposed to hang up on people Mommy!"

Gotta love scam artists.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

My future service dog I'm raising just turned 6 months old, there is NO WAY she is that old already, I swear I just got her! Only about 8 months left with her, then onto the next pup, hopefully a German Shepherd, LOVE the breed.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Post by J.r. Lewis »

Jo Ferris wrote: 5 years ago My future service dog I'm raising just turned 6 months old, there is NO WAY she is that old already, I swear I just got her! Only about 8 months left with her, then onto the next pup, hopefully a German Shepherd, LOVE the breed.
My daughter turns 16 later this month...the first 12 years went by in a flash...the last 4 felt like 20
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Well, a couple times today my 6 month old future service dog I'm raising had moments of pain, once when she was walking, then went to flip on her back (LOVES belly rubs), another a few hours later when she was running (playing a come game) and a third when I was looking her over. Appears to be her left hind upper leg/hip. She also hasn't been acting like herself since the first pain moment, she was slow to go to her food, but gulped it down, but after the second she went off on her own and laid down for a while, she'd eat treats, but didn't show a ton of interest. She's also not wanting to stand too much, she'll sit quickly whenever she can. Calling the vet tomorrow... really hope it's not what I fear it is, she's a purebred Labrador.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I hope it's just a pulled muscle or something that will easily heal up.

Hip dysplasia... ugh.

As you probably know, my golden retriever had to have both hips done. I lost like a month's worth of training time with him. Also, because he spent a total of about 20 days at the vets between surgery and rehab... he learned to bark along with ALL the other dogs that bark, and no one to tell him that's not ok. Hopefully, your puppy won't see any major set backs with her training due to whatever is going on.

I finally got him to quit barking at the cows that are about 2 acres away, and at the neighbors, as long as they don't come close to the fence line. And he will now stop barking when I tell him to, but he's still rushing at the fence and barking and I'm sure it's not impressing the neighbors any. :P

But, at least he's out of pain now, and romping around like he's never had double hip surgeries. I think he's been in some pain every since he was about 5 months to 6 months old. : ( So, this is probably the first time in his young life he's been pain free all day and every day...and he's sure making up for lost time, he runs every chance he gets now.

I also found out, that even if both parents test good for not having hip dysplasia, there's still like a 1 in 4 chance of their offspring having it.
Again, I hope that the pain your puppy is experiencing is just a minor injury, or even just growth spurt pain and not hip dysplasia.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

That's what I'm worried about Stormy, calling the vet in a couple hours when they open, but probably going to wind up driving down to Leader Dogs to get her checked out, yay 2 hour drive... but I'm not going to my local vet who'd charge me full price for a non emergent thing like this that LD is going to want to examine anyway. REALLY hoping for a pulled muscle or something easy, but hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Especially since if it is hip dysplaysia she'll likily get career changed and while I'd likely get the option to adopt her as a pet (I doubt another agency would want her with hip dysplaysia), it's obvious she loves working and would make a great service dog. I didn't realize it was that common even with both parents being cleared. Both of Raven's parents do not have hip dysplasia. Why must puppies make me worry so much
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k