Claire's Select Homebred Yearling Sale - Now Open!

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mallory Claire

Claire's Select Homebred Yearling Sale - Now Open!

Post by Mallory Claire »

Auction is now open, and concludes on Tuesday, Sept. 1, at 5:00 pm Pacific. Happy bidding!

And now, the horses:

Bead
f. Vonnegut - Shell, Ease
First foal from winning dam. Second dam is multiple graded stakes winner Coral, third dam is Pico Teneriffe.

Black Ribbon
f. Thomas Jefferson - Learn to Fly, Horse Chestnut
Full sister to G3 stakes winner Man of the People. From the female family of It's Okay to Cry, et al.

Chosen Path
f. Destiny - Teide, Stop and Stare
First foal from dam, got "wings" in her first gallop. Second dam is Pico Teneriffe.

Contagious
c. Colorado - Contraband, Prefamageps
From the female family of Sneak Out. First foal bred from this mare for the AW surface, and he received the "wings" comment in his gallop. Could be interesting.

Fausta
f. Legend - Killer Queen, Action This Day
Half-sister to G2 stakes winner Good Graces.

Find the Words
c. No Tricks - Facta Non Verba, Sic Transit Gloria
First foal from a stakes-placed winning daughter of Sic out of a Symbol mare. From the female family of Satelite. "Wings" in first gallop.

Forgetting Game
f. Tycoon - Feeling Good, Saturn
Dam is a multiple graded stakes winner, second dam is SC F&M Sprint winner Shetalkstoangels, third dam is Embrace.

For the Last Time
f. Berlioz - Learn to See, A Bus
From the female family of It's Okay to Cry, et al. First foal from stakes-placed winner. Received "wings" in her first gallop.

Galaxies
c. Comet - Vela, Southern Cross
Dam is a half-sister to G1 winner Illusion of Safety (dam of SC Juvenile Sprint runner-up Silhouette Lies), making this colt very closely bred to that mare. He received the "wings" comment and could possibly run on AW as well, in my opinion.

Good Writing
f. Goodguywearsblack - Make Them See, Adjust the Lens
First foal from a multiple graded stakes winner. Second dam is SC F&M Sprint winner Happy Endings, third dam is Embrace.

Handspring
c. Hemi Cuda - Joyful, Saturn
Okay, so he's by Hemi. But he did get "wings," his dam was a G2 winner, and his 4th dam is Terlingua. Does that make up for it at all? At any rate, he could wind up being a nice colt, and I'd be willing to try AW with him for the heck of it.

Heavy Fire
f. Chris' Missile - Saturation, Saturn
First foal from a winning mare. Received wings comment in her first gallop. From the female family of Desert Stormer.

High Standard
c. Standard Gray - Best Friend, Sic Transit Gloria
Got "wings" in his first gallop, and his only sibling to race finished 2nd in her debut in a stakes race (behind a White Lightning filly). Dam is a stakes-placed winner and half-sister to multiple graded stakes winner and third-place finisher in the SC F&M Sprint Shenanigan.

Leave the Temple
f. Comet - Free, Lost Soldier
Interestingly-bred filly is out of a Lost Soldier mare who won multiple times on turf. Should be fun on AW. Second dam (by Storm Cat) has produced winners on both dirt and turf.

Mackinaw
c. Oxbow Bend - Guiding Light, Dubawi
3/4 brother to multiple graded stakes winner First Mate. From the female family of Wherethecircleends.

Make My Own Luck
f. Edict - Cruel Twistof Fate, Trust
3/4 sister to a G1 winning miler and a 2-year-old debut winner, half to another stakes winner.

Meissa
f. Oxbow Bend - Almeisan, Dubawi
Second foal from a stakes-placed winning dam. Only sibling to race was a debut winner in Week 2. Received "wings."

Most Faithful
f. Bound for Heaven - Most Noble, King's Best
Second foal from winning dam; only sibling to race was a runaway debut winner.

Musically Inclined
c. Monaachi - Three Part Harmony, Mull of Kintyre
Nice colt here who scored "wings" in his gallop. His dam is a G1 winner and half-sister to several stakes winners, including Golden Ratio. Of his two half sisters, one is a stakes winner and the other was a 5-time allowance winner.

Promo
c. Adjust the Lens - Ensemble, Silent Witness
Half-brother to champion Buster and stakes winner Baby Driver. Dam is a half-sister to Guitar, Chord, etc. Stellar female family.

Red Cliffs
f. Cliff Diver - Carmine, The Scarlet Nite
Second foal from a stakes-winning dam. Older sibling has not raced, but has sub-:59 workouts at 5 furlongs.

Rough and Tumble
c. Frayed - Good Looking, Black Condor
First foal from a stakes-placed winner. Got "wings" in his first gallop. From the female family of Seeking the Gold.

Seasons Change
c. Look Marvel - Midsummer, Sic Transit Gloria
Second foal from a stakes-winning dam. Received "wings" comment. Older half-brother was a debut winner in Week 1.

Skater
c. King of Jesters - Skittish, Vindication
Very nice-looking colt that received wings in his first gallop. Dam was a millionaire and multiple graded stakes winner, finishing 2nd in the SC Distaff. Bred on the same cross as multiple G1 winner Much Like Falling. Derby horse?

Smoothly
c. Cancelled - Intimate, Black Ice
Half-brother to stakes winner and sire Snake.

Spins
f. Esteemed - Seeing Stars, Sic Transit Gloria
Got "wings" in her first work, dam is a multiple stakes winner and traces her female family to Shining Eyes.

Taking Flight
c. Vernacular - Sewn to Kites, Streamer
Dam is a half-sibling to G1 winner Pronounced and G2 winner Dontwannaseeyoucry. Got "wings" in his first gallop.

Too Cute
f. Fleet Afoot - Adorable, Storm Cat
Dam is a multiple winner who got a late start on the track; she is a half-sister to multiple graded stakes winners Prettylittlething (dam of Devastating) and Perfectontheinside.

Traitor Among Us
f. Chris' Missile - Betray, Villain
Out of a full sister to multiple stakes winner and sire Snake; her two foals to race have both been winners. Based off the cross that produced Look Quick.

Unfurl
c. Untamed - Burgee, Streamer
Received "wings" in first gallop; from the female family of Sports Jersey.

Wait for the Bus
c. Patience - Magic Bus, A Bus
Second foal from stakes-winning dam; half-sister was a debut winner in Week 3. "Wings" comment.

Work
c. Patience - Moving Up, A Bus
First foal from a stakes-placed winner, received "wings" in his first gallop.
Last edited by Mallory Claire 14 years ago, edited 8 times in total.
Mallory Claire

Re: Claire's Select Homebred Yearling Sale - Preview

Post by Mallory Claire »

Added Skater! He's a pretty nice-looking colt.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Oh man, two Pico-family fillies! I was thrilled to be able to grab Irie's foal, as well as Sane this season, but I can't not try for these two, too!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

More added!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Finished the list and opened the auction! I think this is a really nice bunch and more than a few will slip through cracks. Catch them!
Mallory Claire

Re: Claire's Select Homebred Yearling Sale - Now Open!

Post by Mallory Claire »

Bumpity bump! This auction ends tomorrow evening!

There are a ton of very nice yearlings selling for extremely low prices - make sure you get your bids in! There are definitely going to be some steals here.

For under $10,000, there are half-siblings to First Mate (4-time stakes winner), Shocking (G1 winner), and Most Admired, a juvenile who is 2-for-2 so far. I've also got a full sister to a G3 winning miler going for $15,000, Snake's half-brother going for $40,000, and many other deals.
Lea McPherson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lea McPherson »

anyone fancy lending me a few hundred thousand? lol
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Ends in approximately 33 minutes! Get your bids in!
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Yeah bidding was pretty hot late.
I tried to bid on a few. And I got the "your bid is under the current bid", So others where bidding at the same time.

I lost the others I was trying to bid on, but at least I ended up with one, to make waking up to the alarm worth it.
Rough and Tumble
$128,000 Worked 6F Turf in a nice 1:11.04

Thanks Mallory.
Innocent Onlooker
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Thanks to everyone who placed bids tonight, and good luck to all the new owners!

Nice work on that one, Tanitha!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Working this shift sucks in so many ways. :(

Nice babies, as always, Mal!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I got Pico's grandkids! YAY!!!! :D
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

22.81, no it is not a dirt horse :wink:
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Larry Burndorf wrote:22.81, no it is not a dirt horse :wink:
Sweet! I like that one's dam.