Shipping

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

I was looking over the Sports Sim link and found this

"As much as possible however, trainers should look to find opportunities for their horse to race in a particular region of the country (California, Mid-West, Florida, New York, or Kentucky) without having to ship between regions more than is absolutely necessary. "

Are regions going to play a large factor in the new sim?? I know in the old sim if you raced internationally you had tog give the horses extra time off..So now do we need to make sure to gove extra time off for stateside shipping as well??
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I wrote the article, and its my understanding that its not as big a deal stateside as it is internationally, but it still does play a factor. You see this in real life; some horses can ship cross-country (Bob Baffert ships his horses around all the time with reasonable success) very well, some can't (Manistique was notorious for this, and there are many horses that just don't ship well and take a while to acclimate to new surroundings).

Think of it like a person would think of it: a flight from California to New York, if you usually live in California, means that you're adjusting to a new time-zone, living somewhere other than your own home for a while, dealing with new surroundings, and trying to make the best of circumstances. Some people just don't care; they can function at a high level regardless of whether they sleep in their own bed or in a random hotel. Some people get flustered, and don't handle airports and traveling and delays and uncertainty very well.

This, by the way, is not a new thing; it applied in the old SIM as well, it was just often overlooked. If you can keep horses local (within reason), it would be a good idea, though there are obvious exceptions (for example, that different tracks race each week, so especially with tracks like Gulfstream over the winter where Calder doesn't necessarily provide the same level of racing in the summer, when Gulfstream closes horses will often ship to Kentucky or New York for the summer/fall).
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Thanks very mcuh.. runs off to make notes on which tracks are in which regions...
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Okay as i'm shipping horses to the trck i noticed it now says $100 to ship to a track?? is this true or is it still $600..??
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I dropped it to $100 before last night's results. All horses who had been shipped previously were given refunds.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

wwhoo hoo...now i can go shopping