Made an auction...

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Made an auction...

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I should have called it the "Overwhelmed Auction." I just need to downsize. The largest chunk of the auction is the yearling portion. I just can't train that many (I don't know how some of you crazies do it). I've also got a decent amount of racing stock and some broodmares.

All of the yearlings are untrained, so you can start from scratch with them the way you like it. There are some nice pedigrees available and reserves are just set to the stud fee if I don't own the sire. If/when I'm bored at work I'll probably get around to writing about each horse. I'd take note of the mare White Lines and any of her kids. She's a half sister to Shining On. There's other stuff. I have a couple dirt sprint yearling fillies with nice quality behind them, I just don't do dirt sprinters.

Take a look at it...I guess...thanks!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Re: Made an auction...

Afternoon Shadow – This four-year-old gelding is a solid competitor. He’s got 5 wins from 10 starts, including two stakes wins. Go ahead, buy him, he’ll make the money back.

Archeologist – Distance and age is what he needs, and for whatever reason I’ve yet to manage to stretch him beyond 1 1/16. With his pedigree, that’s just not going to cut it. He’s young and will definitely have some good years in him.

Avenue A – He’s getting up there, but this guy will still bring home the checks. He’s a stakes winner and just probably needs a fresh view.

Bar Tricks – For starters, her name is amazing. Her dam is a winning George Washington mare whose dam has produced some solid runners.

Bear Market – Another who I think got a pretty good name (though not as humorous as the previous one). Dam is out of a mare who has 7 foals older than 2 and 6 of them have 6-digit earnings.

Bing Crosby – Dam has a throwback pedigree and is very capable of producing a good horse. She managed to get a 6-figure earning by Konstantine, after all!

Brigid – This is a love filly. She’s won twice at a mile and has a particularly lovely pedigree, being out of a Symbol-Loki Flame mare.

Chaac – Her three-year-old half sister is tearing it up on the all-weather surface. Sire shows some winners on that surface and is obviously a machine on dirt.

Classic Defense – Mom is by Chesapeake Bay, which I obviously think is an amazing thing. I love the second dam, she’s very classic and always throws winners.

Diamond Fury – Mom has a whole lot of quality in her pedigree and has produced 100% winners.

Distance Inbtween – First crop from Cape, who I am anticipating good things from as a sire. Mom is a winning half sister to Stewards’ Cup winner Shining On.

Dynastic Rule – Mom was a very solid stakes-placed racemare with a stakes winning dam.

End of Sanity – I hope somebody can figure him out! He’s by Frayed, who is obviously good stuff, and his mother is a solid producer.

Endarkened – This A Crown Awaits mare is pretty young, a winner on flats and over jumps, and has produced a multiple graded stakes winner.

Engagement – This mare has produced some nice horses. Also, she’s out of my very first stakes winner! And then there’s the part where she’s by Battle Cry and that’s awesome.

Final Frontier – Young, winning George Washington mare.

Garnetta – She is a pretty filly! She’s won three times at a mile and has a very well-bred dam.

Godric’s Hollow – He’s a winner, if nothing else!

Green Boogies – I will personally hunt you down if you change this name. It’s horrible, appropriate and hilarious. Ara, actually, I think you should buy her. She’s by Boogie Shoes out of a multiple winner and her full brother has won his first two starts.

Had Me a Blast – His mom has thrown some winners and his dad looks to be a good miler sire.

Happened So Fast – One of the very few Cobalt mares out there. For those of you who weren’t around, Cobalt was a speed demon with a fragile pedigree. He won the Preakness and other stuff and a match race, too!

Hollywood and Vine – Can you fix him? His pedigree is awesome. He’s by California out of Dreams Unwavering, out of the excellent mare Faith Unwavering.

In Sequence – I don’t do dirt sprinters, so this one is up for sale and she’s got pedigree! By the hot Tycoon out of a multiple stakes-winning daughter of Sic Transit Gloria. Niceness.

Jig – Jig is adorable, but refuses to get his picture taken. Maybe he needs earmuffs!

Just Can’t Wait – Winning three-year-old filly by Hammer out of the previously mentioned mare Engagement.

Let Go – I fear I’m going to regret this, but here is a daughter of Fighter Jet out of a daughter of Faith Unwavering.

Look Away – This poor horse didn’t race at all for an entire year, but he’s a really honest runner! He picks up checks and do his share of winning.

Mad Lib – So again with the no dirt sprinters. Play On is a hot young sire and dam Our Story holds the record for the fastest 2f race!

Maple Leaf Rag – Tondeiru is a very nice stallion and I already mentioned dam Final Frontier. This is her first foal.

Naked Martini – This mare can make somebody happy. Her dam, Half Mast, produced Louisville Oaks winner Checkered Past. This mare has produced 100% winners from three foals to race.

Name of Love – Name win! Good, isn’t it? Buy it! This filly is by Stop and Stare out of a winning Barbaro mare who is very young, but first foal is a winner.

Ninja Turtle – Have I ever mentioned how awesome my names are? Anyway, this is one of the best ever Stealth Ninja names and his dam is a winning Storm Cat mare.

Obscure My Sun – She is the second dam of none other than Boogie Shoes!

Off Base – New Addiction is a fun mare who always throws winners, a few 6-figure earners. Herkemayah is an oldie but goodie.

On the House – His dam is a multiple graded stakes winner.

Only Tonight – I sent a lot to Herke last year. He’s getting old so better use him while I still can. The dam is a winning half sister to Big Girls Dont Cry.

Ontario – I think he’s really cool. Mom is a winner and this is her first foal.

Point Pleasant – Um, he’s out of New Jersey. That is an automatic win. And she’s a multiple winner. Krasinski is a very nice young sire.

Shaan – I love Anvil as a sire and Shamali is one of my favorite mares. She almost always throws winners with class to them.

Shakti – Okay, so maybe this one isn’t a winner. Her pedigree is too nice for her to be running so poorly. Maybe you can fix her? If not, she’s got some worth as a broodmare.

Shamira – Another daughter of Shamali’s, Shamira is a multiple winner by Chesapeake Bay.

Shatiir – And one more from Shamali’s family. Shatiir is a very useful son of Prince. He’s quite good at picking up checks and finds the winner’s circle when properly placed.

Sheen – Okay, I lied. This will be the last one. Sheen is by Tremendous Machine, who I adore, and out of Shamira, who we already discussed.

Skips – A good old horse who can still earn money, Skips is by Herkemayah out of a very nice mare named Be My Reason.

Swashbuckle – Cool name again! Justadynasty is a nice mare who throws very solid horses. Savvy is proving his worth as a young sire.

Totality – Winning filly by Summertime out of Obscure My Sun (second dam of Boogie Shoes) and is coolly inbred to Tulloch.

Unclear – By Circumstance, a very solid sire, out of Obscure My Sun.

White Lines – Winning, producing half sister to Shining On.

Wikipedia – Love the mare and Worth My Weight is going to be a very good sire.

Wuffy – I love Faith Justified. Old players will remember him well. Most remember him just as the brother of The Scarlet Nite, but he was awesome in his own. Dam is a winner.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

A bunch of the yearlings still have no bids on them. I think they're at least worth the stud fee, if nothing more. Please buy them! I can't be bothered with so many kids.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

I don't mind having conversations with myself...really, I don't...

I still have some yearlings left with their reserves on them. Again, the horses haven't been marked up even a little bit from the stud fee.

Maple Leaf Rag is offered at $35,000. This colt is by Tondeiru and his dam is a winning George Washington mare. This is her first foal.

Name of Love I am very surprised to not see any takers on. She is by the wonderful Stop and Stare and out of a young, winning Barbaro mare whose first foal (a 3-year-old) is a winner.

On the House is another I would think would have seen at least a bidder on. His asking price of $30,000 isn't that much when you look at how nice mom is. She was a stakes winner on the track and her offspring have been winners. The two-year-old won first out. The cross makes this colt inbred to Island Rescue, and that's really cool cause he was awesome.

Point Pleasant's sire, Krasinski, I expect to be hot. The colt has a half sister who sold for $35,000 by a much less accomplished sire...and she became a winner anyway.

Unclear comes from the female family of Boogie Shoes. His sire has a golden pedigree and is producing well.

Wikipedia is by a stallion whose stud fee keeps going up, so get one of his kids at the lower price while you can. The young mare produces winners. Her first foal won a stakes and the two-year-old won at first asking.

Please bid, I can't deal with all those yearlings!
Erick Kaiser
Two Year Old

Post by Erick Kaiser »

Alysse,

You may feel like you're talking to yourself but at least one newbie is paying close attention. Thanks for the insightful comments on these guys.

EK
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Erick Kaiser wrote:Alysse,

You may feel like you're talking to yourself but at least one newbie is paying close attention. Thanks for the insightful comments on these guys.

EK
Come on Erick!! I was quite enjoying watching Alysse slowly going crazy!! :) Why'd you have to butt in? :D
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Leonard Beagle wrote:

EK
Come on Erick!! I was quite enjoying watching Alysse slowly going crazy!! :) Why'd you have to butt in? :D
Please, Leo, I've BEEN crazy!
Erick Kaiser
Two Year Old

Post by Erick Kaiser »

Leonard Beagle wrote:

EK

Sorry Leo, rookie mistake. :oops: :mrgreen: