New player startup sugestions.

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

New player startup sugestions.

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

There's recently been some threads and discussions for ways to spend GP.
IE the game wants more money (who doesn't). What id like to see instead of a pile of new things players are asked to pay for,
Is most things to be covered by the one membership/simperior and the game makes more money, by increasing members,
and increasing simperior sales.

So heres a couple of suggestion for helping new players, and hopefully getting more of them to stay, and buy simperior.

1. When a new player joins. They get to make a new CAH (without selecting what type they want)
Then it throws up the "enter a race" page. But at this stage the new player doesn't know what horse they have,
IE a marathoner or a blaze the green etc.. Or what distance / surface it likes.
And they cant exit the "enter a race" screen to see what horse they have.
So they are forced to randomly pick a race, which more than likely on percentages, would be the wrong race type.
Then the game will take them to the office where they can see their horse, then they have to be smart enough to look
up the sire of the horse, then look at the sires progeny, work out what surface and distance the horse likes,
then scratch their horse from the wrong race they were forced to enter, then find the right race.

Its all pretty messy.. If this was tidied up a bit, I'm sure it would go a long way to keeping a ton more new members.
A lot of people when they are checking out new game, only spend 15-30 mins deciding if they like it or not.
First impressions are important.

It would be nice if a new player could select what CAH they want from the 4 standard ones.
And be told what type of horse they are. IE:
Six Eighths. (Dirt Sprinter - Under a mile.)
Marathoner. (Dirt Router - Over a mile.)
Blaze the Green (turf sprinter - Under a mile)
Grass always Green (Turf Router - Over a mile.)
Then when they get to the "enter a race" page, they shouldn't be as lost or confused... And at least they need to know what horse they have, and arent asked to enter a unknown horse, into a race. I think the amount of new player CAH's that have had one run over the wrong distance is evidence that the startup could do with some improvement.

2. When I joined Michael Edwards was nice enough to donate 1000gp to me, so i could have a look at Simperior for a week.
Once Id seen how much easier it made things, I bought some GP, repaid Michael the 1000 he donated, and bought Simperior and have had it since.
I think it would be good to help new players out by equipping all new accounts with a 1 weeks trial Simperior, then it will help them get started, and mainly they can see what it is, so they can be tempted to buy it.

A problem that I can see with this is someone could exploit it by making a new account that has 1 weeks trial simperior every month to read the edge.
To battle that, there could be a edge especially for new trial members, IE a demo one, that never changes for new "1 week trial simperior" members.

I hope the above helps the sim retain more of its new members, and increased simperior sales IE money.

Congrats with what you have done on the sim so far.
Thanks.
Innocent Onlooker