Breeding Advice?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I was recently given a 3yo filly, named Slew My Rivals (thank you again Mallory!) who has been retired from racing. I would like to find a good cross for her that is relatively cheap.. I can't afford a $50K stud fee in other words. Her last race was a win at 5f Dirt @ Hollywood Park.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=23522' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=23522</a>

Thats her page :)

Her pedigree is

Sire: You And I
Dam: Fastesttimewins (by Serena Slew)

Thank you in advance :D
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

Well the You And I suggests to me that she'd like turf, seeing as how he's a son of Kris S. Try a turf stallion from Storm Cat's line.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Gabby OToole wrote: Well the You And I suggests to me that she'd like turf, seeing as how he's a son of Kris S. Try a turf stallion from Storm Cat's line.
She broke her maiden on dirt... does that matter any?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I would definitely lean dirt sprint with this mare. Serena Slew is pretty speedy, and I've had some success with Kris S. blood sprinting on dirt. My mare Kris's Intention (by Kris S.) threw a stakes placed winner when bred to Buddha. Buddha could be a nice cross, and I don't think he's HORRIBLY expensive yet.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I was also leaning dirt sprint for her as well. One of my boys is always looking for sprinty mares, that being the very fast Medallist. I also have Teton Forest, who I personally see as a sprint sire, but others may not. I also have a very sprinty sire in mind to buy the very second he retires, so long as nobody else nabs him first. But I don't know if he'll retire anytime soon.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds