Mare Matching :)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

Golightly - Take Me Out x Private Colors (Private Account)

Alright, so she's the first offspring of Take Me Out in the Sim... but Cure the Blues is mildly represented - mainly in broodmare lines. Astro's Wish won first time out, and she's by Cat Thief -

Private Account on the dam's side has crossed well with Arch in the past (in Archrival) but no sons of Arch are standing - might be able to get a Kris S cross with Action This Day or Symboli Kris S, possibly Rock Hard Ten though he is a bit pricey for having a few money winners (not that this means they won't mature to earn - and find their niches).

Also went well with Giant's Causeway (in Giant Kisses) which suggests Storm Cat lines doing well again. I like Shamardal for this, lots of money earners and a nice stakes filly in Stand Up Speak Up - though her dam is reeeally nice.

I'd love to cross her with some of my stallions - I am pretty "experimental" haha but it seems that a Storm Cat cross would be the most obvious cross.

Any thoughts?
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

Anybody?
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

To me, your mare is very dirt. So I would not look at Kris S because he is turf sprint (in my mind anyway). Giant's Causeway is also turf. But Storm Cat can go both ways, so I do like that idea given the success of Astro's Wish. More particularly, I like the idea of Battle Cry (who is bred similarly to Storm Cat) due to the fact that your mare is out of a full to Personal Ensign and that line tends to cross nicely with Battle Cry.

Sooooo... Canute is super hot. Not only is he by Battle Cry but he's out of one of the best- if not THE best- dirt Storm Cat mare ever, Rain Dancer.

:)

EDIT: If your own Corinthian eventually throws nice dirt routers he could be an option. But Pulpit has been highly turf oriented in my barn, so I would wait and see what your guy is capable of. But yeah, the Personal Ensign blood with the Easy Goer blood is very nice (see My Flag).
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

Thanks Emily!

It was hard to sense her dirt or turf wise : uncommon-ish lines to do that to me. I'm getting better at the common ones - but it's still a learning curve!

I appreciate your advice and might sit on my hands for a bit and think on it!
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I've been really busy lately and haven't really had a chance to look at your mare -- but Seattle Slew lines have enjoyed a lot of success with Stop The Music's daughters and granddaughters. See Doneraile Court, American Chance, etc etc.

Mind you...my 2YO filly by Tapit from a Stop The Music mare isn't doing so hot right now. So...I dunno. :P
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

Or perhaps something Holy Bull- like Giacomo with his STM on damside, in a vein?

Bull Market has some nice ones on the ground - everything racing has earned some money. Sacred Light is new, or perhaps Woke Up Dreaming... he would have both Holy Bull and Storm Cat.

Thoughts?
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?