Mixed Names Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Mixed Names Contest

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Just to let everyone know, Jeb and I have decided to not run the contest during this break for a number of reasons, the main one being that it's Thanksgiving! I usually travel to visit family for several days, and I can't ask Jeb and Ronnie to monitor the forum 24/7 for 4 or 5 days.

We had already been discussing this, the goings-on in the forum today had no influence on our decision.

Hopefully, some of you will miss the contest during the break, but realize that we'll come back with renewed vigor during the next break.

Thanks to all of you who participate, we quite enjoy your submissions, guesses, and efforts!
See you in about one season! ;) We'll be needing some submissions then.......

Leo (And Jeb and Ronnie)
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Re: Mixed Names Contest

Post by Skyla Tate »

Aww. I always enjoyed the contests, though I hardly ever figured them out...but still, thanks for doing this these other years guys. We understand you need a break from it, we all need them!
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Have fun at thanks-giving.

If you do just need a hand forum monitoring. I can help out 12 hours a day during that time.
I'm retired/disability so don't get out much or get distracted..

Thanks for running it in the past, and looking forward to the next one whenever it may be.
Innocent Onlooker
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Tanitha Starlet wrote:Have fun at thanks-giving.

If you do just need a hand forum monitoring. I can help out 12 hours a day during that time.
I'm retired/disability so don't get out much or get distracted..

Thanks for running it in the past, and looking forward to the next one whenever it may be.
Thanks, Tanitha. Your offer is greatly appreciated. However, if you're monitoring the forum, you have to know the answers and then you can't be a contestant. And if we're going through the effort, we need contestants.
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

I'd certainly participate, but you guys do deserve a break. Plus since it falls on Thanksgiving it's a nice chance for a break for you guys. No worries and have fun!
Gateway Farms
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

:(

I will miss my favorite contest. I'd rather you all have a nice Thanksgiving though! I know that one thing I will be thankful for - such great people who run this contest! Will be looking forward to it at the end of year 26!! Thank you Leo, Jeb and Ronnie (and anyone I might be forgetting!) :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Brooke Adams I
Miler

Post by Brooke Adams I »

Haha, I saw the post and ot excited becaue I thought it may have been starting early, before I click... lol

Will miss it!
But definately understand the reasons why, a very very busy time of year!
So I wish you all the best, enjoy the holidays and look forward to it again sometime!