On Relationships

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Daryl, that was hilarious. :D

First of all, Ever After is the BEST movie out there!

Second of all, I wish soul mates were real, and I always have hope, but I just don't know. Fate, I might say yes. I met a guy online in my senior year of high school (spring 2003), and it turns out we were working in the same barn at the track. We dated for maybe a month, then it went down the tubes VERY fast. Both of us moved on, but apparently neither one of us forgot about each other. He occasionally caught up with me on the internet (by then I'd moved to Kentucky), and vice versa. Then one day I was back at Philadelphia Park, having come with a horse who'd shipped in from Penn National, and he magically walked into the receiving barn to find me (he'd seen me from afar when I was at the kitchen). We've been together ever since, and that was last November (although we technically count our first "second" date-that being the first date from the second time we started dating-as January, since we just talked continually on the phone from November to January, didn't actually see each other).
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Daryl Singhi wrote: There is definitely one perfect person out there for everyone.

That person is me.

-Daryl
Daryl....

I agree 100% with that statement...that's the way I feel.

I am the only person I can count on! I don't trust people very much but I know I can trust myself....
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Soul Mates...

I wish I could say that I didn't believe in them because hoping for one can hurt.. a lot.. but that would be lying. How can I say that when I know so many people who have found their soul mates? How can I look them in the eye and deny the level of love they have for each other by mocking the very thing they are?

I believe in soul mates. I'm 29, single and live with my cats and still think that there's someone out there for everyone.. even me.. as incredulous as that may sound. We were not ment to walk this world alone.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Daryl Singhi wrote: There is definitely one perfect person out there for everyone.

That person is me.

-Daryl
That must be why there are so many stalkers in your bushes....

LMAO
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

lol I was CONVINCED my current boyfriend was creepy stalker when I first met him. All because the poor guy made such a BIG effort to show me he cared. The guy before him had treated me well enough but this one put me up on a pedestal and I suddenly developed a fear of heights. It took me a while but I finally figured out he was just seriously nice.

I've decided the ONLY set of soul mates in the world that I actually believe in are Tri Star and Raise Fury. Which is of course, why I named the 3rd one Fate.

Editted to add: Isa.. If a guy doesn't LIKE cats.. He's not worth freaking dating anyway. I consider my animals a screening test for men, they are a much better judge of character then people are anyway.

Editted again to add: I find it OH so very cute that today, people have bred to Faith Justified and Inspired Fate. How fitting.
Murray McNickle
Turf Router

Post by Murray McNickle »

I don't know about the rest of you, but apparently, I have a list of soulmates who all by some chance signed up at varying dating sites and continually send me e-mails asking to join (for a fee). Seriously though, it seems like when your not looking, boom, someone comes into your life and makes it better.
Nothing, absolutely nothing...
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

JoleneD wrote: That must be why there are so many stalkers in your bushes....
I don't worry about the girls in the bushes that much. It is the ones hiding in the closet or under my bed that are the biggest bother. Imagine the allure if I got an iGallop.

-Daryl
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Daryl Singhi wrote: Imagine the allure if I got an iGallop.
Hmmm, I dunno if that would attract them for the right reason though. They would just be with you for the iGallop. Once it broke or whatever, then they are gone faster than you can say iGallop. Short term or one night iGallops just seem too meaningless, but I guess thats ok for some. :D
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

To the lady who can break an iGallop: "Will you marry me?"

-Daryl
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Daryl Singhi wrote: To the lady who can break an iGallop: "Will you marry me?"

-Daryl
They did a story on the iGallop where the chick reporting was thrown fairly badly and therefor labeled it as a health gadget that can harm. I'm looking forward to the moment that they're at a sane price, so I can go for a 'ride'.
Terry Pickhaver
Miler

Post by Terry Pickhaver »

As this thread is about relationships I thought I would tell you about my wifes (Cilla) soulmate Sandy.It is fairly long,but absolutely true.
Her relationship with Sandy begun back in 1985 and we were still living in England at the time.One morning Cilla recieved a call from a friend who worked for the RSPCA (Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) saying that they had rescued a young horse who had been ill treated.According to her he was quite heavily scarred and very underweight,he was also very mean and would not let anyone near him without being sedated and he would most probably be put to sleep.Well Cilla told her that she would take him and we (please note that it has now become we) would be there tomorrow to pick him up.
The next day we arrived at the shelter and was taken to the stable block where the horse was being kept.Cilla started crying the moment she saw him.You could see every bone in his body,he had scars every where,many of them looked like cigarette burns,his head was hanging down and there was no light in his eye's.Cilla's crying turned to anger at the thought that someone could do this and get away with it.The reason he wouldn't let anyone near him wasn't because he was mean it was because he was terrified of people.With the help of the shelter staff we managed to get him into our horse box and took him home.He was a 3 year old chesnut with a white star on his forehead and Cilla named him Sandy.For the next few months Cilla spent all of her time nursing Sandy back to health.After six months he was back in shape although he always remained a little underweight.Cilla never attempted to ride him,she never even put a bridle on him.He got plenty of excersize by running free with other horses in our fields.Cilla would open his stall in the morning and he would follow her everywhere.It was as though he was stuck to her with superglue.Every afternoon she would go and sit under a tree in one of the fields and read for an hour or so,sure enough Sandy followed her and stood quietly by.Eventually Cilla started reading out loud to him, and it even came to the point where she would by books that she thought Sandy would like.
Jumping ahead,in 1997 we made the decision to sell up and emigrate to Canada.Sandy was now 15 years old and Cilla insisted on bringing Sandy with us.So at a huge expense we bought Sandy and three other long term horses over to Canada with us.Sandy soon settled down and things carried on as in England including the afternoon reading session.
Jumping ahead again.On a sunny day in may of this year Sandy had been following Cilla around as she went about her business but,when she went for her afternoon read Sandy did not follow.Cilla tried to coax him out of his stall but he would not budge.Cilla told me she was worried and that she would call the vet the next morning.However when Cilla went to check on him the next day he was dead in his stall.To say she was heartbroken would be an understatement.The vet told us that Sandy had simply died of old age,his big soppy heart had just given up, Sandy was 25.
Cilla cleaned out Sandy's stall and locked the door proclaiming that no other horse was allowed in there.Just about a month ago (4 months after Sandy died) we recieved a call from the Calgary Humane Society asking if we had room to put a horse up for a few days untill they could figure out what to do with him.Cilla said sure we will come over and pick him up.When we got there Cilla asked what he was like."Oh he is a funny little horse but he won't let anyone near him" we was told.Well we turned the corner and there in front of us was a chestnut horse with a white star on his forehead.Cilla held out her hand and the little horse came straight up to her with no hesitation.I told the Humane Societies manager "looks like he's found a home". When we got him back he came out of the horse box and went straight to Sandy's old stall.Cilla led him away to the stall she had planned for him but he turned around and went back to Sandy's stall.This went on for a good hour,eventually Cilla opened the door to Sandy's stall and the little horse went in and made himself at home.The next morning Cilla opened the door and he started following her around the yard (and has been doing so since we got him).Cilla looked at me and said "he's found his way back to me".
Now I am not saying that I believe that, but it sure makes you think.

Oh by the way Cilla called the horse Popcorn,and she has just started reading to him.

Terry
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Cutest. Story. Ever.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Wow, Terry, that is a lovely story. Thank you for sharing that. Good luck with Popcorn.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

THa'ts a sweet story Terry. It made me tear up. I love my horses but i don't think that we're that close. I wish i had more time to spend with them. My mare knows she's mine, as does her son. But the others can go either way. lol