Game Point Stallions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Okay, I don't know when Em added this but I just noticed that we now have Game Point Stallions we can breed to. In other words, instead of stud fee costing sim dollars, it costs game points. I love it. Will definintly be trying that out myself with my mares.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

It was just added like last night. I think it's thoroughly exciting. I see my wallet deflating as I type.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

What's that? The sound of my bank balance going down? Excellent.

Can't wait to try it!
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Not too thrilled with it myself.. but I'm one of the rare, broke people in the game.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Um... I don't see it
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

You only see the game stallions when you click on the breed this mare button on your mare's page, or, at least that's the only place I can find it. You click on a button at the top to go to the game point stallions' page, and I think there are 10 or so listed, like Storm Cat, A.P. Indy, Sadler's Wells, Dynaformer, Fusaichi Pegasus, Giant's Causeway, El Prado, and I know I'm forgetting some others. The fees range from 3,000 to 5,000 game points.

I still will breed most of my mares to non-game point stallions, but for some of my mares, it's a nice option, as I can (and most probably will) now breed full siblings to Barbaro, California, Storm's Twilight, Acapulco and Stop and Stare.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

It is on the page when you breed a mare. :)

EDIT: Laura beat me. :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Um...yeah...I don't have any mares left to breed :blink:
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I have a couple that will retire soon....
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

This is awesome! I just bred a full sister to Sweet Catomine! woot! i'm sure that her sister will prefer the turf though. ;) Sweet Caroline is her name, yes I know super creative. :P
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

That is sooooo awesome!!! I'm glad I've been cheap and waiting to breed some of my mares so I didn't have to pay boarding fees for the foals all year. I don't think my hubby will be very happy that I've found more things to spend real $ on :)
I'm just here for the fun of it
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I think this is a FANTASTIC feature. I have a Rahy mare I've been wanting to send to Storm Cat for quite some time now, and here he is!

Current GP stallions:

A.P. Indy - 5k
Distorted Humor - 3k
Dynaformer - 3k
El Prado - 4k
Fusaichi Pegasus - 3k
Giant's Causeway - 4k
Kingmambo - 2k
Mr. Greeley - 2k
Sadler's Wells - 5k
Seeking the Gold - 5k
Storm Cat - 5k
Thunder Gulch - 2k
Unbridled's Song - 3k

I sense Christmas and birthday money disappearing from my pockets before I've spent even a day with them ...
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

But here's an interesting thought...does being able to breed to these stallions reduce the value (inherent or otherwise) of some of the broodmares in the auction?

I mean, you could pay x amount of dollars to buy a Sadler's Wells daughter or a Storm Cat, or you can just pony (haha) up the dough and breed to Sadler's Wells or Storm Cat.

Any thoughts?
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Well, it's really no different than the create-a-horse option, except you can direct how good the mare is you're creating the horse out of. So now I have my 3rd Sadler's Wells (My first 2 were Pinafore & Risk Seeking via the Create a Horse program) - the third being a foal out of a RL G3 turf winning mare Kinnaird (named Next of Kin)
I'm just here for the fun of it
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Oh dear... I sense myself logging into paypal soon... I already have a list of mares I'm tempted to buy sitting right next to me. This IS indeed a problem! ;)
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds