Half Queen

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

As a result of a trade with Jolene, I acquired Half Queen.

Half Queen 12 b. m. (KY) Deputy Minister - At the Half, by Seeking the Gold

She's a half sister to millionaire Lu Ravi and is well known as the dam of Two Year Old Filly Eclipse winner Halfbridled.

So, here's where I need your help. Who do I breed this lovely lady too?
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

successful appeal....songandaprayer.....or saga.....
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Thanks LaDonna, I was thinking Successful Appeal. I won't be breeding her until after the auction though.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Ooooh... Successful Appeal thinks she's hot :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

MichelleCalderoni wrote: Thanks LaDonna, I was thinking Successful Appeal. I won't be breeding her until after the auction though.
yw! good luck!!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I assume that the Successful Appeal suggestion comes from looking at the accomplishments of Successinthecity, and that the Songandaprayer comes from his younger half brother. Saga comes from the filly Prologue (Saga x Halfbridled). But here's the rub: Saga's offspring have looked pretty darn out of place over sprint distances, but clearly are right at home over a mile or more. Successful Appeal's horses are likely to hit a brick wall somewhere between 7 and 8 furlongs, so the question becomes whether you breed this mare to sprint (Successful Appeal), throw a miler (Songandaprayer), or a distance horse (Saga).

Given that the immediate connection here is that your mare is the dam of Halfbridled, something carrying Loki Dynasty (Conduit) or Fighting With Wit would be my first choices: you're probably fighting an uphill battle looking for a sprinter from this mare, and she'll be most comfortable throwing miler/distance horses.

Alternatively, and potentially very interestingly, you could explore descendants of Unbridled. Though he's easily my favorite son of Unbridled, I'm not sure Empire Maker fits this mare, so I'd be looking towards Unbridled's Song (if you have game points?), Wheelaway, Broken Vow, even Harlington or Red Bullet.

There are quite a number of ways you could go with this mare, have some fun with her. If you opt for Saga, this year or in the future, let me know and we can work out a cheaper stud fee.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Eric, thanks a bunch. I was looking at Broken Vow actually, and did want to breed to Empire Maker, but I figure he's more turfy. Saga looks awesome. I won't be breeding her for a little bit, as I am waiting to see how the broodmare auction fares for me.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

i got the idea of using saga from my own colt...who is 2:1-1-0....his dam is a daughter of deputy minister.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

LaDonna King wrote: i got the idea of using saga from my own colt...who is 2:1-1-0....his dam is a daughter of deputy minister.
Ladonna, that's a nice one as well! Sorry about the omission, I made a leap of faith that was obviously just a little bit off!
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

I ended up going with Broken Vow. Something about him just clicked wiht me. His name is Vanishing Realm if anyone wants to take a look. Thanks for all the suggestions.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

Eric Nalbone wrote:
LaDonna King wrote: i got the idea of using saga from my own colt...who is 2:1-1-0....his dam is a daughter of deputy minister.
Ladonna, that's a nice one as well! Sorry about the omission, I made a leap of faith that was obviously just a little bit off!
it's ok! i'm quite pleased with my saga baby so wanted to let michelle know it was a good cross with deputy minister....and thought i'd let you know your stallion had another winner if you missed it...