Movieinmymind

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

I recently purchased Movieinmymind (Gothic Dream x More Colors) I thought she had some interusting breeding and showed some breeding potential. I think she would produce turf especially going at 1 mile or a little over. Any thoughts on good turf stallions?
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

For a horse like this sired by Gothic Dream, I'd be looking to bring in a mare named Tejano's Pride; Gothic Dream x Tejano's Pride produced Tejano Dream, a G1 winner from distances ranging from 1m (Irish 1000 Guineas) to 1 1/2m (Japan Cup, defeating Shatterproof, sire of Fumetsu).

Luckily, Tejano's Pride is the cornerstone of a prolific family, so there are a number of options. Tejano Flame brings in a Loki Flame x Tejano's Pride cross, and there's a lot to recommend Gothid Dream/Loki Flame. Tejano Tribute, one of the best turf horses in the game at the moment, is a Conduit x Tejano's Pride colt and should be retiring at the end of the year, so he's an extremely attractive possibility.

Finally, while Tejano Causeway (Giant's Causeway x Tejano's Pride) isn't standing at stud anymore, there are a number of ways to bring him into a pedigree:
-The Scarlet Nite was one of the most celebrated turf horses in game history and is quite a sire, if you can afford his $75,000 fee.
-Feature Attraction (Conduit x Kismet [Tejano Causeway]) has just obliterated everything that's dared to run against him, and I'd guess that he'll be retiring at the end of the year, though I'm not sure how much he'll stand for, Jon Xett is always somewhat of a wildcard to make predictions about.

Any of these horses should work out well.
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

Just to give you a different suggestion, I would point out that Footstepsinthesand has produced two winning two-year-olds on Gothic Dream mares. One, Huracan, is stakes-placed. The other, Drawinginthesand, is unbeaten and will make his Stakes debut week 12. I'm thinking this nick may have some promise.
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router