BC Event (in cooperation with that silly party Friday night)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

BC Event (in cooperation with that silly party Friday night)

Post by Leonard Beagle »

OK, so The Steward is throwing a party Friday night for the SIMsters at the BC. Free food, prize giveaways, blah, blah, blah.

I'm going to attempt to raise it just a notch.....and even those who aren't in attendance will have a shot to win some prizes!!!
I'm going to Emcee a few (maybe 3?) games of The Match Game. For those that don't know what The Match Game is/was, do a search on Youtube. I've contacted 6 folks fairly notorious in the halls of SIMdom, and they've all agreed to act as our Celebrity Panel. The Steward, Dave Shields, Jolene Danner, Jon Xett, Eric Nalbone, and Alysse Jacobs will feel pressure never experienced before as they will have to come up with answers that are clever, funny, and most importantly, matching our players.

We'll randomly draw names for our contestants, so if you're at the party, be sure to tell me if you DON'T want to play....I may be calling your name. And for each person that plays our game live, they'll also be playing for some of our at-home SIMsters.

If you won't be attending the party Friday night, and would like to be a lucky at-home player, leave me a note in this thread.
Hopefully, you'll win a prize..... :)

What are the prizes? I'm still working on that, and at the same time, using this thread as a way to ask for donations. Yes, I ask for prizes a lot, but this is kind of a big deal! I'd ask that anyone interested in donating a yearling for me to giveaway, please contact me via PM.

Again to recap:
The Steward, Dave, Jolene, Eric, Alysse, and Jon have all agreed to be made fools of.
You at home can play along (sort of), leave your interest here on the thread.
I need yearlings. Nice-ish, please! Send me a PM if ya got one!

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the party!

Your emcee,
Leonard Beagle

At-Home Players so far:
Nikki Sherman
Greentree Racing
Star Girl
Chani Ruzzo
Miryam Cornwall
Madelene Gilbert
Kay O. Johnson
Anna Leroux
Doug Kidwell
Nan Lanson
Katie Smith
Skyla Tate
Alex Puderbaugh
Melissa Mae
Chivista Chivas
Brooke Adams
Nick Gilmore
Jon Smythe
Tammy Fox
Shelby McBride
Last edited by Leonard Beagle 14 years ago, edited 9 times in total.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Re: BC Event (in cooperation with that silly party Friday night)

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

This sounds really fun! Problem is, I'm going to be working on our tv show (it's premiering next week!) until at least 11 PM Friday night. :(
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

NikkiSherman wrote:This sounds really fun! Problem is, I'm going to be working on our tv show (it's premiering next week!) until at least 11 PM Friday night. :(
So, uhmmm, that's why the player actually AT the party will be playing for you! :)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Leonard Beagle wrote:
NikkiSherman wrote:This sounds really fun! Problem is, I'm going to be working on our tv show (it's premiering next week!) until at least 11 PM Friday night. :(
So, uhmmm, that's why the player actually AT the party will be playing for you! :)
Okay I'm confused then. We don't have to even be in the chatroom that night?
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

NikkiSherman wrote:
Leonard Beagle wrote:
Okay I'm confused then. We don't have to even be in the chatroom that night?
Nope. We're going to play the game at the party on Friday night in Los Angeles. Every time I get a contestant at the game, he/she will draw a name and ALSO play for a player not able to make the BC trip.

Sorry for the confusion! :)
Greentree Racing
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Greentree Racing »

Gosh Leo, This is so nice, thank you!

I have always been wanting to go to the Breeders Cup (to me, its a venue like the Olympics - once in a lifetime for some of us).

But, we are in deep fianancial doo doo, & I can't even afford the gas to get there (much less tickets or a hotel, or a driveway to park in - yes its come down to that, sad but true).

My school loans, my being sick for 7 years & not working, has screwed us big time.

Theres other simsters who are even worse shape than us tho, so for you to do this, is really nice! God bless you.

I am so going to miss being there + meeting Simsters in RL, I can't tell you... People I've spent almost 2 years with.

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!!!! :)

PS: lol. I wish you guys had a webcam & a laptop at that dinner (with a chat ;) )
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Greentree Racing wrote:
PS: lol. I wish you guys had a webcam & a laptop at that dinner (with a chat ;) )
If the restaurant has wireless, I'm more than happy to bring my Mac along to be the webcam.

Also, I'll look through my yearlings to donate one. =)

This sounds fun.
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

Another great idea from Leo! So Dave will be Charles Nelson Reilly and Jon will be Soupy Sales? This is awesome!

I will also have something to donate!
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Star Girl
Sprinter

Post by Star Girl »

Can I possibly added to the people who want to win something but can't be there? As I said before I will be in Ca but won't be attending the party.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Thanks to all for your replies so far!

Ali and Bryan, thanks for your donations, looking forward to seeing the yearlings!
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I'll totally play from home :)
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Leonard Beagle wrote:Thanks to all for your replies so far!

Ali and Bryan, thanks for your donations, looking forward to seeing the yearlings!
Thank me after I remember. This is my way of saying don't let me forget. :wink:
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Oh please, you can't make a fool of me! I always take care of that myself!
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Still need yearlings. :D
And at-home players. :D
And one more panelist....keep in mind that panelists won't be eligible to win yearlings during my game (Yes, you'll still be eligible for prizes from The Steward). If you'd like to be a panelist, and will be attending the party, drop me a note! :D
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Alysse Jacobs wrote:Oh please, you can't make a fool of me! I always take care of that myself!

ahah Ditto!! I need no help being foolish in public.