Huge Money Giveway on SC Day

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Huge Money Giveway on SC Day

Post by Ara Davies »

Because I, Ara Davies, am both rich and feeling generous, I have decided to do a major giveaway of SIM cash money on SC Day. After each SC race on Friday of Week 16, I will be giving away $100,000 in SIM money to a random player in the SIM chat. When I say random, I mean stuff like "who is the fifth person on the list of chatters with a D in their name" or "who is the second person from this point on to say the word 'horse'", stuff like that. Maybe I will roll a 20 sided die. None of this nonsense like "this winner is whoever can tell me how many times the Steward brushed her teeth this week". There will be no questions or trivia at all! The only rules of the contest:

1. You must have less than $500,000 in SIM money at the time your name is picked. If the first person we pick out doesn't qualify, we'll go back and try again, etc.

2. If you win once in the day, you cannot win again.

3. You must be in chat! If after a particular race there is nobody in chat who qualifies, the very next person who comes into the chat and actually communicates with us (and is eligible) will win the prize! The "actually communicates with us" rule is to eliminate people who pop in for fifteen seconds then pop right back out without speaking. You must INTERACT TO WIN!

Jolene Danner will be helping me choose the winners since I will not be able to be in the chat for much of the day. I may designate an additional player or two to help if necessary.

Money will not be distributed until sometime during the break since the Steward will have to do that by hand.

Note that with 22 (or whatever) SC races that day, that's a total giveaway of $2,200,000! (or whatever)

Be there or be poor! (or possibly rich if you already are rich; I don't see how anything I do can cause Eric to be poor)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Re: Huge Money Giveway on SC Day

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Sounds fun.. Thanks ARA..
Innocent Onlooker
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Oh yay a contest I actually have a chance to win with my slow connection. GO ARA! 8) :lol:
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Post by Skyla Tate »

Now I just have to remember it... more than likely I'll remember it at like, the last little bit.
Cathie Morris
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Cathie Morris »

Thanks for this!!
True North By The Sea
Ohio Blue Paint Sprinter
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Finally A SIM stimulus package lol I've been waiting on those. ARA FOR PRESIDENT !!!!! :mrgreen:
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ara ruuuules
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lea McPherson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lea McPherson »

ara you're amazing, thank you so much!

(needs to install java on computer)...
Corey Lange
Miler

Post by Corey Lange »

Ara you're so sneaky! I was buying horses and came back and had more money than i started with! THANKS! The contest should really help build my stable and the other winners! It is GREATLY appreciated!
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Since I don't feel like typing up the rules again, I want to use this bump to alert everyone that I am running this contest again this year. First giveaway in twenty minutes or so! Good luck!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

- Bryan Doolittle
Angus Clab
Miler

Post by Angus Clab »

Ara, thanks for this year's giveaway...
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Thanks for the contest! It was fun :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Thank you for the money that I desperatly need. I keep on spending mine on breeding mares :D Got some possibles and no clue what I have. So thank you for the extra bit that will help me start well.
Brooke Adams I
Miler

Post by Brooke Adams I »

Hey Ara,

Thanks for this contest!
I was wondering if we send a scrap horse or how it works?
thank you
Brooke
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Aaaaand for the third year in a row, I am giving away a lot of money on SC day! $2 million, spread out across the twenty SC races or whatever! Rules are same as before, check the first post.

Before anyone asks, if you win, you will get your money when Em gets around to distributing it. You do not need to send me a horse or whatever. It may take a few days or weeks to distribute but you will get it, I promise. :)
- The Steward

- Bryan Doolittle