Hooray For Me!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

So, when the SIM started up last spring, I got sucked into it again like I couldn't believe. Consequently, my GPA dropped from 3.8 to 2.8, I receieved by first and second D ever, and my parents threatened to turn all school-related financial responsibilities over to me. (That's a major YIKES).

Now, in my first quarter back, I haven't gotten anything lower than a B on everything I've done so far. And actually, I've only gotten a B on a super hard art history exam and my ridiculous term paper on the Federalist Papers (bleh). I am so beyond psyched, I haven't been this excited about school in, um, possibly my entire existence.

But I'm more excited that for the first time in my SIM history, I'm able to handle being obsessed AND get good grades. And that is definitely cause for celebration, it's sort of like conquering a personal demon.

Not that the SIM's a demon. :rolleyes:
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

The SIM is evil. Proof:

I joined in the Fall of 1999. By the end of the Spring Semester, I finally decided to drop out of college. I continued to play the SIM for some years.

Flash forward to 2003. I start back at school in the summer. Emily ends the SIM in the fall because she knew I would drop out again. I do very well in school, much better than before.

2006: Emily decides I'm spending too much time with classes and not enough time paying attention to her. She starts up the SIM again with the intention of making me drop out so I can spend all my time doing stuff for her instead.

HOWEVER I shall foil her plan by getting straight A's while also having the first Kentucky Derby/Epsom Derby winner ever. Just see if I don't.

True story.

:P
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol,you guys crack me up....
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. Before the SIM, I'd always been a straight A student. What happens once I join? I get my first ever B+ (whoa, and where the bleep did that B pop out of?). Guess it comes from not doing homework in favor of the SIM! I have two papers and a take-home art assignment (read: 10+ hours) due on Tues. before Thanksgiving, but what am I doing? :D
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Of course....you on the SIM! lol

Soon I will be starting back to college...granted these are online courses but the temptation of the SIM is gonna be great! I just know it! :)
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Is it bad that I planned my next semester courses all in the daytime, so I can be on the SIM most afternoons and spend all of Fridays on here? I have Jolene text me anythign exciting as well lol.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Eh... I dropped out of college 1 class shy of my BA in english.. .loooong before I ever joined the SIM. But I've decided that I can go back now... regardless of obsession.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

MichelleCalderoni wrote: Is it bad that I planned my next semester courses all in the daytime, so I can be on the SIM most afternoons and spend all of Fridays on here? I have Jolene text me anythign exciting as well lol.
Michelle and I are SIMsessed.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

My decision on whether or not to get a laptop for school hinges entirely on whether I can avoid the SIM while using it or not.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

- Bryan Doolittle
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Ara Davies wrote: My decision on whether or not to get a laptop for school hinges entirely on whether I can avoid the SIM while using it or not.
Oh god, let me tell you, it's so awful. And kinda embarrassing because, with how packed my UC classes are, I'm sure my neighbor is like...wha?
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Yeah, as one of the few girls in my engineering classes, it's pretty embarassing to be looking at pony games while the other people are looking at cars or football or whatever it is nerdy guys look at. Oh well, I'll just assume they're jealous that I own Cheese and they don't. :)
- The Steward

- Bryan Doolittle