I am new here...

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Its a combination of the two, but the worse one of the two aspects is, the better the other must be. That is, a stellar racemare with a fantastic pedigree is almost always your best bet at a good broodmare (of course), but the worse the pedigree is, the more racetrack talent she must display to be an attractive breeding prospect, or the worse the race record is, the more appealing her pedigree must be.

A bad racemare with a poor pedigree is probably not worth breeding unless you're simply interested in getting a few horsee to maybe make a little bit filling out the last few spots in races that don't get many entries.

All that said, there are no hard and fast rules of the game, and while the above guidelines hold true in the general sense, they may not apply to every individual horse. Experimentation with your charges is the best way to find out whether they're talented either on the racetrack or in the breeding shed.

-Eric
Emily Loveridge
Two Year Old

Post by Emily Loveridge »

Do the stallions have any effect on the foals?
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Very much so.. The big thing is to research your crosses...find out which lines cross best with the stallion you are looking to use..Also if i remmeber right even though a well bred mare that has failed on the track can become a very good producer most offen a stallion who has failed on the track dosen't do well in the breeding shed....
Emily Loveridge
Two Year Old

Post by Emily Loveridge »

I have one really promising colt. He's by Atlas, and out of Starinthemeadow, a daughter of Thunder Gulch and Meadow Star. Now, I can't wait to race him.