Favorite Track?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I've been to almost 40 tracks (I keep a list on my computer), and I've worked at quite a few of them (the big ones being Keeneland, Del Mar, and Churchill). Santa Anita, however, will always be my favorite. Del Mar and River Downs are right there in second, and Oaklawk Park was a blast, too. Saratoga is stunning, and I wish all of you could see the Jockey Club in Chile - unbelievable!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Santa Anita's home base for me. I love that track, it's my 'happy place'. Del Mar comes in a close second though. :)
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Ara Davies wrote: Hey Sus, one day when I have money can I come visit you and we'll go to Belmont? I'll bring Sport (the stuffed horse).
For Sport? Of course ;)
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

My fave track is Keeneland, with Canterbury Park a close second. ;) I work at CBY so i have to say that. LOL

I've been to Cnaterbury, Arlington (Which has to be one of the most beautiful tracks anywhere), Churchill, Keeneland, Turfway (but only the backside which is a hole.), Belmont, Lone Star, Prairie Meadows, Suffolk and Remington. PM is a Dump, I didn't care much for Belmont really, too big and open and cold. LOL LSP was lovely. Remington was empty but not bad. Suf was ugly but easy to get to.
Jamie Newton
Miler

Post by Jamie Newton »

I've been to Oaklawn, Churchill, Lone Star, and a few small tracks...the one in Kansas City, Kansas, Blue Ribbon Downs, Will Rogers Downs, and the track at the Tulsa Ok fair grounds. Lone Star is pretty cool, love Oaklawn...but Blue Ribbon Downs is totally awesome...yep, it's a bullring...but it's got so much character and the people there are friendly, and it's one of the few tracks you can see thoroughbreds, quarter horses, paints, appaloosas, and arabians race in the same day! One track I really want to visit is Arlington.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Jamie Newton wrote: but Blue Ribbon Downs is totally awesome...yep, it's a bullring...but it's got so much character and the people there are friendly, and it's one of the few tracks you can see thoroughbreds, quarter horses, paints, appaloosas, and arabians race in the same day! One track I really want to visit is Arlington.
You got all that goodness at Los Al, too! Not every day, but every once in awhile you have a wonderful blend of breeds.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

kingman AZ really has a track? i had trouble even finding a resturaunt last time i went thru there.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

The Steward wrote: Saratoga is stunning
My office area hallway has a poster from Saratoga in the hall by the copier. I think about the SIM every time I see it (and have threatened to yank it off the wall and take it home a couple of times).
Jackie
Sprinter

Post by Jackie »

I love Canterbury.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Aintree - home of the Grand National, was there yesterday and it felt so good watching them jump the big National fences again - Amberleigh House paraded too which was pretty kool and he's still quirky. Bewley's Berry, Eurotrek (who has legs of glass), Dun Doire, Forest Gunner were there in the big races and Lennon won again and Degas Art.

Haydock Park - missed Saturday as i'm skint but i wish i'd been there to see Kauto Star destroy the Betfair field by 17 lengths in a G1!!!
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

I've been to several tracks and they are all unique. My overall favorite is probably Santa Anita. It's just a very pleasant place to be and the time of year they host the meets are the nice times to be at the races.

Then I would have to say it's a tie between Del Mar and Keeneland - Del Mar is just beautiful and I have been inside the press box (best view EVER!) and Keeneland is pretty (I like to be on the rail but the stands look into the sun and it was crowded or freakin cold). Both tracks have a similar "hat lady" crowd I find entertaining too.

Many years ago I watched harness racing in Saratoga, but I guess thats not the same track - it was lovely there. Then there is Hollywood Park. Well the track itself is nice (although I have yet to see the new surface - soon I shall though), but getting there really can be the worst sometimes (the dreaded 405 parking lot). And Fairplex is pretty cool once a year.

I was at Churchill Downs, but no racing going on. The museum was cool though. Any other tracks I have seen were either from an airplane (Emerald Downs - I think, one in Fresno CA, one in Texas) or on TV.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I've only seen a few, and not many well known tracks, but I love Golden Gate Fields and Bay Meadows. Santa Rosa is beautiful with their new turf course, Solona is bleh, and Pleasanton is decent. Portland Meadows is quaint but it was muddy and rainy the day I was there.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

It was rainy and muddy at Portland Meadows? Its never like that!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I'm kinda partial to Belmont...yeah... :D But when their meet is open, I don't want to be anywhere but Saratoga Springs.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Martin Pennington wrote: Haydock Park - missed Saturday as i'm skint but i wish i'd been there to see Kauto Star destroy the Betfair field by 17 lengths in a G1!!!
Is that the track up near Wall? I went to the one near Wall in '92 and had a blast - foggy as all get out - but watching the horses come jumping out of that thick English fog was something else!
I'm just here for the fun of it