JS Oddity

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

JS Oddity

Post by Abe Froman »

Ok, so I reformatted my hard drive, installed Windows 7, and now, mainly on pages with a bunch of horses it will either start to lag, and become unresponsive for a few seconds, then finish, or I have also gotten a non responsive script error, something with the tablesort.js:673, and it asks to stop the script or continue. I hit continue once, and it did the same thing. Any thuoghts?

Oh, and Firefox 3.5.5 and whatever java they made me download to get back into the chat.
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Re: JS Oddity

Post by Teri Lawrence »

This happened to me all the time with Firefox 2.

I suggest Opera or Safari :P
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

I should note that it doesnt appear to do this in IE, but im not switching to IE...Does Roboform work with Safari or Opera?

Also, with a little more navigation, it seems to do it when there are more than 200 horses. My racing barn of 127 or so doesnt do that, but when i went to the training barn of 214, it did the same unresponsive, slow thing again
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

I guess nix the whole thread...uninstall and reinstall Firefox and update to the newest java seems to have fixed the problem.

ETA: I lied I added some extensions again, and doing the same thing..could it be a conflict with some addon/extension I have?
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Further update, i have deleted some of hte extensions (mind you they were on my winxp pc and running fine) and it seems to load a bit faster, but still hangs when i try to sort the columns.