Racehorse Superior

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Racehorse Superior

Post by Nena Olson »

I will admit, when I first bought this horse from the TBS Yearling Auction, I just picked a horse that I could afford and quickly bid on it. I'm pretty sure that I got the underbid on this one too because if I remember correctly, I was at work and using my cellphone to place bids. I couldn't believe that I got one haha.

Racehorse Superior stands at 15.1H making him anything but stand out in a field of horses. His sire is Loki Superior and he is out of the Walkover mare, Run Free Forever, so even his pedigree is pretty darn ordinary. I paid $38,000 for him and was just hoping he would make that back for me.

He hasn't been overly impressive in the mornings...

Year 25 Week 6 (Mon) 5 furlongs. Dirt. 0:58.89
Year 25 Week 3 (Mon) 7 furlongs. Dirt. 1:24.20
Year 25 Week 1 (Mon) 5 furlongs. All Weather. 1:02.71
Year 24 Week 14 (Mon) 5 furlongs. Dirt. 0:58.81
Year 24 Week 11 (Mon) 5 furlongs. Dirt. 0:58.75
Year 24 Week 9 (Fri) 5 furlongs. Dirt. 0:58.83
Year 24 Week 7 (Wed) 5 furlongs. Dirt. 0:58.72

And when you first watch him race, you probably aren't going to be to darn impressed. Why? This horse is a dead closer. He has zero early speed and sticks to the back of the pack, and then when that final call comes... he charges forward like an express train and we all just hope that he gets there in time!

Right now, his record stands at 5 starts, 2 wins and 2 places and zero shows. His off the board finish was a 5th place in the Tremendous Stakes where he still earned a 70 SF.

Lowest SF: 64
Highest SF: 79

WINS
G2 Lexington Race Course Stakes, 1 1/16 Mile Dirt, Fast, 1:44.58
G3 Republic of the Sun Stakes, 1 1/4 Mile Dirt, Fast, 1:59.50
Skill Stakes, 1 3/8 Miles Dirt, Fast, 2:21.52
Ahola Derby, 1 1/8 Mile Dirt, Fast, 1:50.30
Maiden Special Weight, 1 1/16 Miles Dirt, Muddy, 1:44.76

PLACES
G2 Fog City Stakes, 1 1/8 Mile Dirt, Fast, 1:49.86 - was 2 lengths behind winner King of Prussia
G2 July Stakes, 1 1/8 Mile Dirt, Fast, 1:50.00 - was 1/4 lengths behind winner Derby Legend
Greenspan Stakes, 1 1/8 Mile Dirt, Sloppy, 1:49.59 - was a 1/2 length behind winner King of the Castle
Native Dancer Stakes, 1 1/16 Mile Dirt, Good, 1:44.59 - was a head behind winner I Am Legend
Non Winners of 2, 1 1/16 Mile Dirt, Good, 1:44.70 - was 2 lengths behind winner Fight Amongst Fire

SHOWS
G2 Big Easy Handicap, 1 1/16 Mile Dirt, 1:44.29 - 2 1/4 lengths behind winner Inferno
G2 The Spa Distance Handicap, 1 1/4 Mile Dirt, 1:59.45 - 1 1/4 lengths behind winner Set In Stone
JC Gonzales Memorial Handicap, 1 1/16 Mile Dirt, 1:44.73 - 3 1/4 lengths behind winner Quake

EARNINGS: $408,800
Last edited by Nena Olson 13 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Racehorse Superior

Post by Nena Olson »

My little trucker is entered in the Prince of Peace Stakes tonight. I may be taking a huge leap of faith but we shall see. He is a dead closer, and outside of his 5th place finish in the Tremendous Stakes, where Derby winner Don't Hesitate won, he has not lost by a whole lot. So, hopefully he wants more distance and he will do well. If not, then... =( hahaha

He was 2nd in the Native Dancer Stakes (G3) Week 8, where he lost by a head to I Am Legend.

Best of luck to my little guy!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Racehorse Superior won the Aloha Derby today! His earnings are now at $202,300 which makes the $38k that I spent on him, well worth it! The time wasn't all that great but a win is a win!

Not sure where his week 16 race will be. But I love this little horse!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ahh!!

So, yesterday I was in debate with myself weither or not I should scratch Racehorse from the Republic of the Sun Stakes because it was at 1 1/4 miles and he had never went that far. And I had noticed that Em had been breeding his dam to milers. So I figured that maybe Racehorse didn't want to go far at all. Then I forgot to scratch him.

And I am so glad that I didn't!

HE WON!!! And got his highest SF ever with a 79 :) Good boy Racehorse, good boy!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Kim Plausible
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kim Plausible »

What a fun little horse. :)
Send me requests for Feature Race articles!
"Thinking for me rarely ends in fewer than 300 words."
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Niced time to forget :D
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Racehorse made his 5 year old debut a winning one as he won the Skills Stakes by 1/4 length over Golden God going 1 3/8 Miles in 2:21.52 :)

I also galloped him as a 5yo and he is now a "stakes horse" which is an upgrade from last time I galloped him at 'wings'
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

Great to hear he won! Hes a nice horse! what/where he doing next out?

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats