Wishing Star

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Heh! I actually have a legitimate question this time :-D

Okie.. Wishing Star is Silver Charm x Bright Halo (dam of Tropicaldepression)
her own record is abysmal.. but...
Wishing Star herself has had...
Various (Brilliantly):4:0-1-1 (uhh...)
The Edge of Night (Seeking the Gold):15:8-4-2 (Winner of Battle Cry Stakes, Bay Shore Stakes, Preakness, Super Derby, Strub Stakes, Kentucky Cup Classic and Woodward Handicap)
Crush (Seeking the Gold):11:2-3-1 (won... his maiden and an allowance)
And the Gods Cry (Sunday Silence):12:3-3-1 (won... her maiden and two allowances)
Encee Seventeen (Sunday Silence):3:1-0-1 (umm.. broke his maiden?)
Hopeful (Dubai Millenium):1:0-0-1 (uhhh...)

I have a feeling I just need to find the right horse for her. She's produced that one really great horse. Any ideas?
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I can't get into the database to look at it right now, but here's my thinking:

Seeking The Gold, as a son of Mr. Prospector, gave you the best horse by that mare so far. Dubai Millennium, as a son of Seeking The Gold, was a smart choice, but from only one start there's no way to know how he would have developed. I'd be looking at sons of Mr. Prospector or grandsons of Mr. Prospector.

Fusaichi Pegasus comes to mind as an appealing horse, and if Loki Masterpiece is standing, he'd be appealing. Gaze Unwavering would be VERY appealing; I'd love to see that cross.

When I can get into the database and look a little deeper at Tropicaldepression's pedigree I may be able to give you a little bit more in the way of productive analysis, but it looks to me as though with such limited information as to what crosses may work, the only logic available says to use that line again.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Hey, does Hopeful run on turf? Because that'd be a cool experiment. Seeking the Gold can be quite turfy at times, and Tropicaldepression was turf, if I remember correctly. The database is down, so I may be speaking out of my derriere, plus it IS 1 am.

And if even if Hopeful runs on turf or doesn't, sending Wishing Star to someone turfy might be rewarding. I mean, Silver Charm isn't known for being a big turf influence, but this mare's bottom line seemed to best produce turf, so...

Okay, I'm going to bed now.