Breeding Suggestions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Well im getting 4 horses made for my birthday and i need some help on the dirt side of things, im getting two turfys and two dirt horses for the new season./

The pedigree choices for the turfy are going to go something like this

Sire:

Giants Causeway/Galileo/Montjeu

Dam Sire:

Danehill/Saddlers Wells (i need some more ideas here please, lol)

2nd Dan Sire:

Nijinsky/Danzig/Roberto (i need some more help here too)

but for the dirt im completely lost, could anyone help me out?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Sadler's Wells isn't eligible for a CAH dam-sire, as he's still active, but Danehill is. If you go with Danehill, I probably wouldn't go with Danzig to finish out the pedigree, since he's Danehill's sire.

In order to be more help to you, it would be helpful if you could give us a little more info as to what you're shooting for in terms of distance. Are you looking more for a sprinter, a miler, a router? A mix? For example, Montjeu and Galileo are typically going to sire routers, while Giant's Causeway, depending on the rest of the CAH's pedigree, could be a miler or a router.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I'm not sure how much I can help, but I'll post what all I've spent my own money on. I try to create long distance turf routers for the most part, and two that I created for dirt were simply because their sire is not easily accessible in the game.

I've created three with identical pedigrees: Sire: El Condor Pasa, Dam sire: Sunday Silence, 2nd Dam Sire: Exclusive Native
These horses all want to run 2 miles and up... though they may be able to run 1 1/2 miles decently, they are:
Miles Apart - super freak horse who broke his maiden in a stakes race
Hearts Afire - broke her maiden by 6
Tokyo - close 3rd in a stakes race in his first start

Then I've created:
Rainbow Bright (sire: Sadler's Wells, dam sire: Rainbow Quest, 2nd dam sire: Danzig Connection) - she is meant to go 1 1/4 miles to 1 1/2 miles but she's won going shorter than that... she's a multiple stakes winner (over relatively weak fields, though)

My two dirt horses are both by Cape Canaveral (the game-deceased sire of BC Juvenile Fillies winner Fiery Sunset):
Cape Point (sire: Cape Canaveral, dam sire: Relaunch, 2nd dam sire: Deputy Minister) - took her three tries to break her maiden but she did it... not much else though
Castle Bridge (sire: Cape Canaveral, dam sire: Storm Bird, 2nd dam sire: Secretariat) - still hasn't broken his maiden in 5 starts... so now he's set to try the turf week 14 because once I thought about it, his pedigree does seem a little turfy

So, maybe that can give you a little idea of what's working and what is not. I'm sure other players will share there thoughts too. :)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Sorry for not being to helpful, i was hoping for a 1 1/4 to a 1 1/2 horse on the turf aswell as a miler.

For the dirt i was hoping for a horse that could stay both Triple Tiara and Crown races (as i am getting a filly & colt)

Thanx for the Help Emily ill take all of your points into consideration
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I'll chime in with my CAHs so far...

Turf:

Federal Agent (The Fed, DS Storm Cat, 2nd damsire Affirmed)
This one was totally an experiment because The Fed is as obscure as they come, he stands at a tiny farm somewhere up here for like $1000. But he's by Key to the Mint out of a Tom Rolfe mare which is a pretty serious pedigree for a horse born in 1995, lol...so I wanted to give him a shot. The filly's unplaced in 2 starts but isn't running badly.

Ghost Mountain (Cetewayo, Linamix, Darshaan)
Loves distance. One win at 12f. Almost useless at shorter distances, lol.

Revolutionize (Tejano Run, Nijinsky, Key to the Mint)
3-for-3 so far at a mile-9f but she should go farther. Tejano Run is cool in RL and cool in the SIM and should be even cooler as a broodie sire when this girl retires.

Dirt:

Preemptive Strike (Smart Strike, Relaunch, Vice Regent)
Winner and never out of the money at 8-9f. It might be worth it to try her on the lawn, though.

Scarborough (Forestry, Kennedy Road, Dr. *)
Big winner of only start at 6f. I like Kennedy Road and thought I should throw him in a ped somewhere, and it gave me a good excuse to name a horse after a part of Toronto (not that I don't also have Cherry Beach and Yorkville, lol.)

Silent (Quiet American, Seattle Slew, In Reality)
Winner and never out of the money at a mile, though she might stretch a bit longer. QA is a great, great broodie sire IRL and I was hoping to catch a bit of that lightning in a bottle. ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

thanx, is AP Indy a good sire in the game? I dont know much about dirt racing in general, i follow turf. I would love any more help you guys can give me i dont want to have wasted £12 on nothing
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Oh yeah, AP Indy! I have another CAH by him, I had forgotten she was created...

Sweet Lullaby (sire: AP Indy, dam sire: Seeking the Gold, 2nd dam sire: Storm Cat) - she's two for 4 starts... pretty nice filly, really. I created her exactly like California (the Belmont Stakes winner). California was a create a horse too!
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

i am gunna create one as soon as i get the points, probably tommorrow or later on in the week as my mum ordered them a few hours ago, my B-day is a week away, but she says i can have one now, lol. I am definatley gunna use AP Indy on one, maybe have Buckpasser in there?

-EDIT-

Just checked his lines, Buckpassers already there
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

If you create one by AP Indy, I would say be sure to put Storm Cat in there. Not only do my filly and California show that it works, but check out the filly Spoof. Definitely put Storm Cat in there. :)
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

kk, but isnt storm cat a turf influence? as my other horse is sired by him and runs on the turf?? But if you can get a Belmont winner out of putting him in there then i will certainly try
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Yes, he is mostly turf- but Storm Cat is strange. If you made the SIRE Storm Cat, I would say your horse will run on turf. But, as a dam sire and 2nd dam sire Storm Cat can do a variety of things. Those three horses I mentioned in my last post are all dirt routers. And, Laughterintherain (the Oaks winner) is out of a Storm Cat mare too.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Storm Cat 2nd dam of an A.P. Indy horse (like the examples Emily gave) sounds good. 1st dam might make the horse a bit on the turfy side.

If the horse's 2nd dam was by Buckpasser that would create a 4x3 cross to Buckpasser which I think is quite nice. :)

Fappiano or Forty Niner might be a nice way to get some Mr. P; Damascus is nice; and don't forget Alydar or Easy Goer, and Bold Ruler could make a nice 2nd damsire...

So many options. :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

yeah, it gives the horse a really nice lines if you add those three horses you told me about, any other dirt sires i should look out for other than the ones you have listed, perhaps Ghostzapper if a want a kind of speedy thing

Yeah i was thinking about Easy Goer and Alydar, does Sunday Silence do better with his turf crops?
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

I have a A.P.Indy/ not figured out yet/ Easy Goer pedigree type thought out
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

First generation sires have to be alive and currently standing.
2nd generation stallions can be alive or dead but can't have been born before 1970.
Third generation stallions can be alive or dead but cannot be currently standing, and have to have been born after 1960.

Sadlers Wells CAN be the damsire, just not the 2nd Damsire. Since there is no rule about if they are standing currently or not. The 1st MUST be currently standing, and the 3rd one CAN'T be, but the middle is up to you.

CAH's are super fun. Good luck with whatever you choose!