Breeding Suggestions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

ok, well im taking a chance i just got my points and im going with a
Giants Causeway/ Saddlers Wells/Darshaan combo, yay or nay
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ooh I love Darshaan. Sounds good. :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

kk, ill give it a try, wish me luck, lol, a reason why i picked Darshaan was that he had Mill Reef as his grandsire, i love Mill Reef so its all good.

His name will be Just Cause, watch out for him, lol
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Could anyone tell me a good pedigree for a turf miler, i want a horse that has speed in it to, so a horse that can go around 6-8 furlongs can anyone help me?
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Gone West blood is what I'd suggest. I have two stallions- Performing Magic and Xaar that produce milers and they are both Gone West descendants. A Gone West x Storm Cat mare horse would be a super ultra hot miler (not sure if that fits the rules, I'm not looking at them right now). Not only would you get great miler speed but also you'd have the Mr. P/Storm Cat cross that is so successful in RL. Then you could add in some Sunday Silence as the 2nd dam sire. You can never go wrong in Sunday Silence, IMO... plus, Cesario (by Gone West) carries Sunday Silence and is quite successful.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

So you suggest a Gone West/Storm Cat/Sunday Silence combo then :) ill try that, thanx, any tips for a sprinty type.

-5mins later-

I just sent the request
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

I'm not so sure Gone West x Storm Cat would be miler as sprinter on turf. <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=19967' target='_blank'>Home Advantage</a> is Gone West x Storm Cat x Key to the Mint (his 2nd dam is Jewel Princess), and although he will stay 1 mile, it seems to me that he is far more effective at 6 furlongs.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

My general advice on CAH's is to look at successful SIM runners of the type you want. Want a distance turf horse? Check out the pedigrees of those running in G1's going 1 1/2 on turf. Dirt sprinter? Check out those running in G1's going 6 or 7f on dirt.

When I did mine, I modeled 2 of them off of very successful SIM broodmares. The third... well, that was just to entertain myself. :D
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I have one CAH and I totally made him just to entertain myself. Yeah, in a perfect world Val would get a nice Storm Cat mare, but not in Texas. *sigh*
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

so what distance would suit the horse?