Breeding Thoughts

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I bought a Real Life broodmare - Adversity (Seeking the Gold - Dispute by Danzig) and I'm debating who to send her to - I really like Chief Seattle (he appears to have bred up a number of mares, and he's only $1500), but I have the points, and I could breed her to AP Indy. I'll probably wait until after the auction to breed her.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I'm not just saying this because he's my stallion, but the Chief Seattle could really work well here.

I was really surprised to see one of his foals (Escarchado) win very impressively this past week on the grass. Granted, it was a Maiden Claimer, but 8 1/2 lengths is a lot of distance between the runner up. Your mare has some nice turf lines, with Mr. Prospector and Danzig, and if you want to go that way, you certainly could try.

Then again, if you went straight to AP Indy the same could be true.

Another option along those sames lines for a wonderful price would be AP Valentine. His foals seem to want the turf, and he's way cheap.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I'm going to agree with that; between A.P. Indy/Chief Seattle/A P Valentine, or a stallion that I own named Mingun who is also an Indy likely to sire turf, (out of Miesque, thus a half to Kingmambo [Mr. Prospector x Miesque]), those 4 would be high on my list of possibilities.

The biggest attribute of all 4 is their versaility, and they should all work well with a difficult-to-figure mare like yours who could throw either surface.