Breeding Advice

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John X
Two Year Old

Post by John X »

My Point 10 yo ch.m. - Thunder Gulch x Turko's Turn, by Turkoman
2-0-0-2 $4,000 (At 2)

Dam of: Setmatchgame 3 yo b.f. by The Edge of Night

Stoic 6 yo dkb.m. - Forestry x Brink, by Forty Niner
0-0-0-0 $0

Dam of: Stork 2 yo dkb.c. by Fusaichi Pegasus

Thanks in advance.
John X
Two Year Old

Post by John X »

Please add to the list above:

Aurora Fantasy 9 yo ch.m. - Giant's Causeway x Aurora Phenomenon, by Astarabad
5-2-1-1 $61,600 (All Turf)

Dam of:
Fantasia Forever 6 yo dkb.m. by Kalanisi (6-1-0-2 $23,250)
Seven Card Stud 3 yo gr.c. by Star Studded (2-0-0-0 $0)
John X
Two Year Old

Post by John X »

And yet another.... I think this is it for awhile....

Fancy That 7 yo b.m. - Blades Hill x Demon's Mischief, by Mischief Maker
11-2-4-4 $194,500 (Stakes Placed)

Dam of:
Brickyard Queen 4 yo dkb.f. by Nascar (3-0-1-0 $3,500)
Giuliani 3 yo ch.c. by Out of Focus (3-1-1-1 $20,300)

Thank you!
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

It's nice to give people more of a starting point to work with... what lines you've been pondering and whatnot.

However...

Fancy That - You have to be thinking sprinter with this one. With the caveat that he's mine, my favorite sprinter in the game is Runaway - who was sound, equally adept on dirt and turf (champion sprinter in US and Europe), and could get up to a mile with the best of them. Her winner, Giuliani, is by Out of Focus, who, like Runaway, carries Storm Cat blood.

Aurora Fantasy - You've got a pretty lovely female family to work with here. There's some success with the Event of the Year blood in here (Speedyjetsdaugher, your mare's 2nd dam, produced the very good The Inevitable when she visited The Natural). Keeping that in mind and looking at some of the stallion's that Giant's Causeway mares have done well with, I'd give a long look to Three Ring Circus.
John X
Two Year Old

Post by John X »

Susie Raisher wrote:Fancy That - You have to be thinking sprinter with this one.  With the caveat that he's mine, my favorite sprinter in the game is Runaway - who was sound, equally adept on dirt and turf (champion sprinter in US and Europe), and could get up to a mile with the best of them.  Her winner, Giuliani, is by Out of Focus, who, like Runaway, carries Storm Cat blood.
Hello Susie,

Thanks for your response.

I am most definately thinking sprinter with this mare. I looked hard at Runaway. From what I saw, it seems the vast majority of his kids prefer the turf, unless I'm missing something.

Are there any proven dirt sires in the game, siring runners that go from 6-9 furlongs?
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

There are a few. The sprinters are a litttle bit harder to find than the distance horses, but look around... Starting with Brianna McKenzie's mares Raise Fury and Inspired Star and looking through their descendants is a real good place to start; she's arguably the premier breeder of sprinters in the game and her horses generally represent a cross section of any given year's fastest specimens.
John X
Two Year Old

Post by John X »

Eric Nalbone wrote: There are a few. The sprinters are a litttle bit harder to find than the distance horses, but look around... Starting with Brianna McKenzie's mares Raise Fury and Inspired Star and looking through their descendants is a real good place to start; she's arguably the premier breeder of sprinters in the game and her horses generally represent a cross section of any given year's fastest specimens.
Thank you Eric. I have already started looking. I've even come across a promising sire or two.