2010 Foaling Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Re: 2010 Foaling Contest

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

Yes, Maddie, you can still get entries in! The cut off for entries will be when she foals.. so any time until now until I post that she's foaled. :]

And to answer your question.. I'm not 100% sure, to be honest. I have never thought about that. Gentlemen Send Roses *is* homozygous tobiano (I just double checked APHA's website to make sure I didn't misread). I know that there is no "tovero gene." If I understand this correctly, a lot of the time it's where a foal that has 1 tobiano and 1 overo parent, and the foal just receives one gene from both parent and therefore receives the patterning characteristic of both overo and tobiano.

I'll be the first to admit that while I'm not a genetics guru (there is a lot that is far beyond my level of comprehension), I'm wondering if perhaps it's because my mare has overo parentage.. and therefore that is how her first foal received the gene. Or, it may simply be that he technically *is* a tobiano, but the way his patterning turned out classifies him as neither tobiano or overo since there is no tovero gene.

If anyone else has some input on Paint genetics, I'd love to hear your theory! But as of right now, that's the only thing that I can really think of.
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Date of Delivery: April 1st
Time of Delivery: 8:38 AM
Color of Foal: Chestnut
I have a stable full of cats
Helena Martikainen
Sprinter

Post by Helena Martikainen »

Date of Delivery: 5th April
Time of Delivery: 1am
Available
Retro Metro - Multiple stakes winner paint at 400y, record setter
Curly Bill - Stakes winner Appaloosa at 400y
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Star’s still holding out on us. She’s definitely getting close because her teats are becoming more engorged and she definitely does *not* want me to touch her down there any more. So hopefully we’ll get a sign that it’s about to happen soon! :D

The following people are out of The Foaling Contest due to the fact that the date they had chosen has passed: (I may have named you off prior to now so I apologize ahead of time.)

Madeline Gilbert
Steph Lonhro
Nan Lanson
Melissa Mae
Happy Trails
Iggy Timeeczech
Anna Leroux
Laura Cameron
Emily Klein
Hope Bentley
Mary Whalen

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Date of Delivery: April 12

Time of Delivery: 6:53 a.m.

Color of Foal: chestnut with white blaze

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Darn.... I hope she drops tonight lol
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Happy - If she doesn't foal before the 8th (I think that's the current 'last' date), I'll keep your next guess. Y'all are supposed to wait until after everyone's dates passed and if she still had not had it, then you could re-guess. :)

Chris - Nope! None last night. I was kind of hoping for an April Fool's baby.. but no baby. Last night we let her out to the orchard to mow our grass a bit since Dad hates mowing that area.. and she was bucking and kicking and running around. I thought for sure she would induce herself, but nada. :/ She knows how to keep me on my toes.

Cheri O'kelly
Sprinter

Post by Cheri O'kelly »

Meagan, you missed me in your "out" list. I guessed March 31st, so I'm out. Hope it goes well! Sounds like it's getting close!
Never underestimate your horse's pride - or he will dent yours.
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

You were still in at the time, Cheri! haha. Unfortunately she decided the 31st was not the day for her. We're still anxiously awaiting.

Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Yer mare is evil like all mares.. waitin and waiting till the last minute :D Revising since my date went passed, but you can tell me no go too lol
Date of Delivery: April 7st!
Time of Delivery: (specify AM or PM!) 2am
Color of Foal: Chestnut, wide blaze
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Meagan D'Amoure wrote:Happy - If she doesn't foal before the 8th (I think that's the current 'last' date), I'll keep your next guess. Y'all are supposed to wait until after everyone's dates passed and if she still had not had it, then you could re-guess. :)
Thanks Meagan! Obviously I did *not* read the rules correctly! :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Those who are STILL IN:

Kaine Saracen (April 8th)
Nick Gilmore (April 7th)
Kira Ravenwood (April 6th)
Helena Martikainen (April 5th 1AM)

If she dosen't foal by Kaine's date (the 8th), I'll open entries again for new guesses for everyone. As she's going now, she doesn't act like she wants to go any time soon.. but we shall see!

Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

Date of Delivery: April 15,2010
Time of Delivery: (specify AM or PM!) 3am
Color of Foal: Chestnut toviano, wide blaze

mares are unpredictable but i guessed hopefully its right
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Post by Skyla Tate »

Can I get a guess in?
Date of Delievery: April 12, 2010
Time of Delivery: 5am
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »