Everybody, please post

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Everybody, please post

Post by Jeb Clampett »

As the MN contest gets closer, we've been thinking about more details. And one nagging detail is always about time. Time ... like when do we post puzzles, when do we allow re-entries, when do we start giving hints ... and so on.

And, it seems clear that these questions are not confined to the MN Contest, or to any contest -- it's also an issue for auctions, forum give-aways, forum offers, and others. And it's a real problem both because the SIM is world-wide and because SIMsters just naturally have very different schedules.

So, I'm asking this for the MN Contest in particular. But even if you have absolutely no interest in the MN Contest, please post because your response could very well impact something that you do have interest in.

To standardize: I'm in US Central Time Zone. (need to pick one so that everybody is on the same page). So for the US Central Time Zone, WHEN ARE YOU USUALLY AVAILABLE TO GO ON THE SIM? This is a general question -- it's a given that you could set your alarm or might be able to sign on at work -- but I'm asking generally -- when in US CTZ are you easily on -- and what's optimal and -- when can't you be on without heroic measures.

Obviously, there is no time that will please everybody. But if lot's of people post a response here, posters will have a lot better idea as to what's a better time to post any topic with a time aspect.
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Stephen Cleveland
Sprinter

Re: Everybody, please post

Post by Stephen Cleveland »

U.S. Central Time (10pm to Midnight). Of course I am night person.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

StephenCleveland wrote:U.S. Central Time (10pm to Midnight). Of course I am night person.
Thanks for posting, Stephen, that's just exactly the kind of info I was hoping to hear. Of course, there's night people and day people and others and they're in different time zones so lots more input would be great! :lol:

Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Most often I am on 5am CST and/or 4-6PM CST
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Depending on my school schedule I'm on off and on during the day. However, I'm most likely on between 10pm and 1am MST. Which would be 11pm and 2am CST.
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

I'm generally around sometime between 1am and 6am US central. I like to be difficult :lol:
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Eddie Trent
Derby Contender

Post by Eddie Trent »

Usually between 2p-5p US Central Time weekdays (though I live in Pacific Time Zone)... and 9a-12n on Saturdays.
Alpaca yr 31 Steward's Cup Turf Dash Winner. Standing in MD for $20,000
Opening Day Slam multiple graded stakes wins. For turf router mares, Standing in FL for $10,000.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Normally.. 6:00 to 6:12am, 6: 45 to 6:54am and 3-3:15pm and later in the night. I am slightly busy
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

usually 4 pm central til about 10 pm central off and on monday thru friday, and anytime on weekends
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

any time of the day really.... sadly.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Thanks, everyone, I'm working on putting what you say into a spreadsheet for analysis. I'll post what I have. Meanwhile, would be great to hear from more SIMsters.