Poof! My money is gone

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Re: Poof! My money is gone

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Very excited about getting the Escena the Flame colt! He worked 5f(T) in 59.16
I'm just here for the fun of it
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

I got You Are Loud - not one of my first preferences, but still very happy with him. He worked 5f in 59.60.
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I bought United Soul's brother, Sea Monster. He worked 5f turf in :59.00. Not bad for $5,000,000.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Ronnie Dee wrote:
Eric Nalbone wrote:I guess I can live with a Kismet colt for $9M... :D ...
You got the top priced horse in the auction on an underbid! This was the best "matador" move I have ever seen at any Sim auction. Ole!
Yes, well... this wasn't really supposed to happen. The idea was that I'd be outbid and then move on to one of the other turf horses out there (the Altibiir or Sai Yah were my next ideas). However, looked like the bid was going to stand so I let it be and didn't bid elsewhere - if people were gonna let me have the Kismet for $3-5MM less than I anticipated it going for, so be it! Then for a split second when I refreshed the auction was over and Laura was listed as the high bigger - I was possibly more excited about being the richest person in the SIM by $25M than I was going to be excited if I got the Kismet colt.

But then I got the Kismet colt. So that's cool too - I think he's ultimately the best horse in the sale, and he'll be good for 3-4 more years of running these turf router monsters. I was a little worried about what I'd do once Unlimited retired, I'm getting spoiled by Stealth and then Jabaar, Dream In The Dark, Hurry Up and Wait, Unlimited, etc. But now I'm set. :D
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

I had the top bid on four horses for most of the auction:
Believe, Different Stars; They are Waiting; and Shadow Ninja. I stopped bidding with 12 min to go for some weird reason. :twisted: I got Shadow Ninja for $3 million. She is out of a mare I bred but did not race. She worked 4f in eh, :48.36 and galloped, er, wings. She will make a nice dirt route racer. :wink:
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I didn't get a Steward-bred, but that's because I really didn't try too hard. Why? Because I forgot I bid on Duplication in a forum auction. Which actually makes me happy as a clam, since she's probably one who should have gone for a lot more if she was a TBS filly! Plus, I galloped her and she earned "wings"!

In addition, I bought Giant Reward just a few days ago.

All together, I spent $1.1 million on just these two. So I have an excuse for not trying too hard this time around! ;)
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

I really wanted the half to Inferno. I even had the high bid on him at the end...unfortunately the SIM gave me the other one - a Gonzalo colt who will probably prefer to be older, but had a pretty not-so-good work. It always ends up like that...
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Due to a fortuitous turn of events I ended up with Sun and the Stars for an underbid of about $2 million. He's a genetic goldmine (Sun Raider-Landing On Stars by Playful Mood). You might know his brother Landing on Dust.

So I'm happy...and I've got my Turkey farm up for sale. Take a look, take-a-lookers!
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.