Pennsylvannia Derby 2010

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Pennsylvannia Derby 2010

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Saturday September 25, 2010, Philadelphia Park.

Main Goals of PA Derby Event:

1) My 21st birthday sucked so I want to ring in my 22nd in a way that is all about things I like.
2) This is the closest to a real derby I will get for many years. It's a big race, and I really like it so I want to see it.
3) I've only seen 4 states in my life, and never been further east than Nevada.
4) I want to reunite with old Simsters and meet new ones. Many of you, I believe are on the East Coast, right?
5) Also, someone told me I need to do something in my life spontaneously after I passed up an offer to be flown out to Philly for the World Series last year, so I'm proving a point to him and myself.
6) In an attempt to finally get over my fear of everything in life, defeat my anxiety, and prove to myself you need get out, I am doing something entirely out of character.

Okay,this is five months in advance, but since I decided nearly a month ago that I was going to do everything in my power to attend this race this year since it's the week after my birthday (it's 9-16). I want to try and garner interest for this soiree! (I am also procrastinating on my sales presentation for class so I thought posting now would help that)

I plan on arriving in PA on that Friday morning and departing on that Monday morning, assuming my job is okay with me missing three days. I assume I'd be landing in Philadelphia airport because that's about the only one I know of. Are there other options? I'm not entirely sure where I'm staying, eating, other activities to do well I'm out there, so I figured I see how many other people were in the area wanted to go, etc. so I could make a plan of things to do. Since I got my new job with a likely substantial pay increase, I hope to have enough saved by July so I can make final arrangements as needed. I plan on submitting a request off in August as I really want to go and will likely be devastated to the point of no return if my time off is denied. But I think cause I'll be union I get two personal days, so who knows!
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Re: Pennsylvannia Derby 2010

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

1. You're staying with me.

2. We'll do cheap food options if we have to.

3. This means I need to tell my bosses I need off that entire weekend! ;)
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

I live in the Philly area & will be attending the Derby. Like to meet ya.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Art Damato wrote:I live in the Philly area & will be attending the Derby. Like to meet ya.
Do you usually go? I've gone every year since Rock and Roll won in the '90s, and actually used to work at Philly on the backside. Just curious if I've seen you around. :D
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

This is something I could consider since i have a friend in Philly. Would be fun to meet some simsters at the track.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

NikkiSherman wrote:
Art Damato wrote:I live in the Philly area & will be attending the Derby. Like to meet ya.
Do you usually go? I've gone every year since Rock and Roll won in the '90s, and actually used to work at Philly on the backside. Just curious if I've seen you around. :D
    Hey, Nikki, sorry I didn't answer you till now, but haven't been at the SIM forum for over a week (my bad).
    I used to go very often till Phonebet TV & then HRTV & TVG made it so easy to bet & watch the races in your pajamas :lol:
    My track of preference, these days, if I go at all, is Delaware. Really haven't been to the Pha in quite a while, but I would consider a visit there on Pa Derby Day just to meet some Simsters.
    It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
    Michelle Calderoni
    Hall of Fame

So, one month away. Buying my plane ticket tomorrow!
    Nikki Everdeen
    Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Highly doubtful, as it's just two days away, but I have to post that I will also be at the Smarty Jones Stakes at Philly on Monday. The PA Derby is usually on Labor Day, but it was moved back to the end of the month. So instead, Philly is having a prep for the Derby called the Smarty Jones, and there are actually a few interesting horses in it--Theskyhasnolimit, Pleasant Prince, Colizeo, etc. There will also be the Turf Monster Handicap, one of my favorite races of the year, as it's one of the few turf sprint races that exist nowadays. So if anyone will be at Philly on Monday, let me know!
    Inspiration Stud
    Abe Froman
    Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

I still hope to make the PA Derby, though I have encountered some unexpected car troubles. As long as it isn't tooo expensive, I should be in.
    Xander Zone
    Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

i know its not the same week but i should be there on the 18th for the 1 mile and 1/8 stake on he grass with Rahy's Attorney if anyone is around i will be there on the 17th i think and leave the night of the 18th cause the 19th is one of the biggest race days at woodbine!
    Michelle Calderoni
    Hall of Fame

I am at the airport heading out there at 3:00pm PST!

Anyone who is meeting us at the Derby, PM me and will arrange a rendezvous point at the track.