Breeder's Cup 2010

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Re: Breeder's Cup 2010

Post by Mary Whalen »

I crunched the numbers last night, $1,600 for airfare hotel and car rental. Darn you buying a house otherwise probably could convince the husband that we could go. Everyone who's going have loads of fun!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

If anybody is going and might want to do some easy work for the two days, which would include getting in free with an official Breeders' Cup credential, contact me. Probably no pay, but you'll get in free and have an awesome seat on the inner rail of the dirt races (possibly turf, too, don't know yet).
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Seriously, no takers on that? All you have to do is press a button and get in free and see the races from a pretty good vantage point.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alysse I had to go through 19 people to get 4 to work for ESPN, remember? No one wants to work!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

I don't want to work at Breeders Cup!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

i would do it but it would require standing up the family and then i'd feel bad.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

I suppose we are just deranged and don't view these things as work! I find the bigger problem is, as Tammy pointed out, standing up previous plans OH! Maybe Jackie...
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

Alysse, I would totally do it. However, I won't be able to drive down until 11:30AM on Friday, so I would be cutting it close to the first race depending on traffic... So if that works, I'm all for it.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Technically I'm already working at BC. Unofficially, I'm using it as a nice midterm break from school which means no actual working during the races.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Julie Kluesener wrote:Alysse, I would totally do it. However, I won't be able to drive down until 11:30AM on Friday, so I would be cutting it close to the first race depending on traffic... So if that works, I'm all for it.
Hmm...I wonder. Let me ask. Do we know what time the first race is and WHAT it is?
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

first race is 2pm, no idea what it is. first breeders cup race is 4:10pm.

And people keep in mind that this and buying a seat are your only options for being up by the rail at churchill...
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Okay, she said only if you know you will absolutely be there on time. But if the first Breeders' Cup race isn't until 4:10, how long is the drive for you Julie? Like Tammy said, this is a free way in AND an amazing seat for the race. You'll be positioned near the wire on the inside rail, too. If you've never seen a race from the inside, it's so much more exciting.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Alysse Jacobs wrote:I suppose we are just deranged and don't view these things as work! I find the bigger problem is, as Tammy pointed out, standing up previous plans OH! Maybe Jackie...
Is this for the remote button? Just curious. I don't want to do it. I spent over $300 on my tickets, so I'll be using them. I would imagine Jackie probably feels the same way, but you could always ask her.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Ali LaDuke wrote:
Alysse Jacobs wrote:I suppose we are just deranged and don't view these things as work! I find the bigger problem is, as Tammy pointed out, standing up previous plans OH! Maybe Jackie...
Is this for the remote button? Just curious. I don't want to do it. I spent over $300 on my tickets, so I'll be using them. I would imagine Jackie probably feels the same way, but you could always ask her.
Already tried Jackie without knowing she'd bought a ticket. But, yes, it is a button pusher position.
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

I'm driving from Indianapolis, which will be about 1 1/2 hour drive excluding traffic. I have no idea where I would park, though. So if I leave at 11:30, I'll have about an hour of time for traffic, parking, and actually getting to the track. If you want to message me on FB maybe we can work out all the details?
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.