Breeder's Cup 2010

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Star Girl
Sprinter

Re: Breeder's Cup 2010

Post by Star Girl »

What a difference four days can make!!!! So I went camping over the weekend and when I left my parents were saying we wouldn't be able to go. On phone talking with my dad as I speak, I AM GOING!!!!!! Of course there's a little bit of a catch, I have to keep performing well in the weight loss program I am in (almost 45 pounds have gone so far!) but oh my god guys I am going -does a happy dance-! Sorry about my over excitiness but after four days of telling myself there is no way my parents will change their mind on going and having it changed I am happy as a clam!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

That is AWESOME!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

2 months until the Breeders Cup, I can hardly contain myself
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Star Girl wrote:So I have been spending the later part of today trying to talk my Mom into idea of going and I was hoping one of you all could answer a couple of questions.

We are thinking of staying outside of Louisville since the hotel prices are steep and climbing (350 when we checked earlier this summer now nearly half a thousand at one place so I am hop) particularly Fort Knox or Lexington. Concerning Fort Knox is there a way to go through the base or do you have to go south through Elizabethtown and around the whole thing?

Second does anyone know if any of the stallion farms in KY around that area offer morning tours? This is something that my brain is going 'I WANT!!!' but I am not sure I could do at all and considering I am still trying to talk my parents into just going to the BC, well yeah. Most likely we would be in town for the two days and a little before and after not very long however so my best chances to visit the farms would be in the mornings before the races started (more possible with Friday since first post isn't till 2:00 in the afternoon).

Anyways if I do get to go this year I definitely want to meet up with you guys. Still a no go with off track meet ups (as mentioned last year parents would not like at all) but I am lot more enthusiastic now then I was back then about meeting people online at the track after two successful meet ups at Santa Anita last Christmas and Del Mar on Clement Hirsch day with people from another racing forum I am on.

My Mom said we should have a definite yes or no answer from my Dad (who makes the ruling on this) by Thursday at the latest (they should know before hand but I am going to be camping from Monday to Thursday) which means I very well could find out the day I turn 21 (this Thursday).
If you want to do farm tours, it would make sense for you to stay in Lexington, I'd think. Most farms are available in mornings for tours, as well, but I'd call each farm individually and set up appointments. I recommend Taylor Made (they are the most laid back, will take you to see mares, yearlings, etc), Claiborne (soooooo much awesome history), and Juddmonte (pedigrees to die for).
Star Girl
Sprinter

Post by Star Girl »

Thanks for the info everyone. I am getting the impression that while we aren't staying in Louisville itself we won't be too far so most likely not Lexington. My Mom has mentioned going to KY just to see the farms again sometime (she has promised on several occasions to take me to see Z if possible after she retires) so if not this time than another time. I am going to at least check out the newly renovated museum and get some photos before the crowds start getting there. Anyway I am not to familiar with the Downs only having been there once in May of 02 (near Preakness week nothing major at the track at the time) so I was wondering is it possible to go in the mornings and watch the horses workout? I've heard they do it before the Derby but what about the BC?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yes, they do it at BC, it's called Breakfast at the Downs or Dawn at the Downs or something, same deal, you can get there around 7 and eat food and watch the workouts. They get quite a crowd.

ETA - but, it's only the week leading up like Monday - Thursday, and then not Fri and Sat obviously.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Star Girl
Sprinter

Post by Star Girl »

The Steward wrote:Yes, they do it at BC, it's called Breakfast at the Downs or Dawn at the Downs or something, same deal, you can get there around 7 and eat food and watch the workouts. They get quite a crowd.

ETA - but, it's only the week leading up like Monday - Thursday, and then not Fri and Sat obviously.
Ah thanks wish they were offering it during the BC had so much fun doing the Del Mar version when I went to see Z run. Won't be able to do it since I am not going to be getting into town sometime on Thursday (can't remember her flight plans going for the life of her other than the fact she is flying into Nashville and driving up from there but remembers she has a seven hour layover (to let me get a proper meal to stay on program with) on the way back).

Don't know where exactly we are staying but I think it's near Louisville but not in it due to the outrageous hotel prices and my dad's worry about them trying to creep the prices.

We will be getting prereserved seats too long to stand for me and my Mom want's to be able to sit somewhere in the shade. Due to the overall price of the trip I am not expecting anything big seat wise but knowing my parents they are most likely going to be decent seats.

And Steward would it be possible to exchange numbers and use you as a contact point to meet up with everybody. As I mentioned in an earlier post after having done this with someone else twice on a different forum I am a lot more comfortable exchanging contact info.
Karie McBrian
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Karie McBrian »

Yeah Its official.. We will be able to come.. Bought tickets for Saturday to make sure we can see the big race!
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

With most of the major preps complete, is anyone else like, REALLY REALLY SUPER DUPER EXCITED NOW!?!?!?
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

BC tickets bought and paid for, makes it all the more real now
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

BC tickets are bought, paid for, and in my hands. Just 4 weeks!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Well i have to pick up my car in Williamstown from the place that's replacing the engine... hahah So I'm STUCK going. Also I have to work with Emily and the rest of TEAM AWESOME!!! Plus I wouldn't miss Zenyatta kicking some butt again. Also cuddling with Emily in our hotel room.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

i haz tickets toooooo
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Have I mentioned I'm all set? Credential good, vacation days set, flight booked. Let's get it on! And by that, I mean please, Zenyatta, do it!
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Super jealous of all of you. If my car hadn't been obliterated, I was all but going. Have fun to everyone who is!
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions