Breeder's Cup 2010

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeder's Cup 2010

Post by Jolene Danner »

I AM ALREADY WORKING or I Would. hehehe I KNOW HOW TO PUSH ALL YOUR BUTTONS ALREADY! I come pre-trained. heee
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

If anybody is going and might want to do some easy work for the two days, which would include getting in free with an official Breeders' Cup credential, contact me. Probably no pay, but you'll get in free and have an awesome seat on the inner rail of the dirt races (possibly turf, too, don't know yet).
Actually I would as long as it's less hectic than an NCAA national championship track meet and trying to direct finishers into the right chutes and keeping track of which laps several dozen runners are on in the longer races and wiping vomit of yourself when they come in from carrying the "bear". Human runners are just temperamental.

Alas, got to stick behind and deal with the usual chaos here. :!: Oh wait, maybe that's the week of directing band traffic at the annual review.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I fly a week from today. AHHH!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

A week from now I'll already be there. At this time, I'll probably be staring at Zenyatta.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Its been a long time since I have been this disappointed. Got called in to work early this morning with my boss AND her boss. Seems a girl who works nights came in last night, read her company email write up and decided "* this" and quit on the spot! This is on top of the other 2 that were fired and the girl out with back surgery! So my boss called me in to tell me not only do I now have to work the night shift until further notice, my vacation is revoked. And they tried to make me feel better by saying they would cover my flight charge and the VP says and I quote "Well you can always go to this race next weekend your off".....I had to take a long walk outside and my boss came out and at least she understood what I was giving up! I have worked so hard for the last year to get myself able to do something like this trip that I am beyond disappointed.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Your bosses suck.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Alysse Jacobs wrote:A week from now I'll already be there. At this time, I'll probably be staring at Zenyatta.
Me too. Minus the staring at Zenyatta.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Melissa Mae wrote:Your bosses suck.

Yeah I agree. I mean I understand where they are coming from in a way but it doesnt make it suck any less. :(
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

You know I work in borderline slave conditions (long hours, low pay) but the one thing I really like about it is because I'm kind of working for myself I can take vacation when I want to take vacation and as long as I don't do it to often no one's going to stop me.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I am sorry Bay
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Thanks Steph, I have just been sick all day
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Louise, that really, really sucks. Your bosses are lucky you're not me. I'd quit if they tried to revoke my vacation for BC.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

She's not lying, either.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Last time someone tried to do that I eneded up with a dollar more a hour in pay because I threatened to quit. :( I'm sorry Bay
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Wear something distinctive or dance or something so we all see you out on television and wave. :)

I'll probably go if it ever comes to Cali again. But right now my spare money's in my mouth. :|
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke