Werewolf Game 1. Closed. Humans Win. Posting Allowed

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Re: Werewolf Game 1. Day 8 DayTime. Posting Allowed

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I quit this game is just boring to me now to be honest. And by the way I'm the drunk so killing me wont do a thing. Have fun.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Talia Ichinari wrote:I quit this game is just boring to me now to be honest. And by the way I'm the drunk so killing me wont do a thing. Have fun.
Wait, I thought Amy was the drunk????
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

oh lord here we go again i vote to hang skyla
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Post by Skyla Tate »

If we ever decide to play this again, we should call it Kill the Peasant becuase that's all you're going to accomplish here. And if you don't believe me, tell me straight to my face, I would really want to know so I can at least fight back a little. Might as well have some fun before I die huh Kya?
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Nevermind....I thought one of the drunks got hung (hanged) already. Looking at my list I see I do have Talia down as a drunk. :) Sorry Talia, will have to change my vote.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

im going to bed now and im tired ill keep my vote the same but it really is nothing personal im really just voting random because no one is telling me who to vote for
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Post by Skyla Tate »

Thanks Jennifer

Well since this looks like it's going to be my last night.
I vote to hang Jennifer Frances
Will Not
Two Year Old

Post by Will Not »

i vote to hang skyla
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

I vote to hang Will Not. Doesn't feel right either way.

I enjoy how snippy the back-and-forth got. As they said on Star Wars (was it star wars?) "That escalated quickly."
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Oh wow...

I cant believe that...
After 1.5 hours typing up the final post.... I flicked to another tab and back again.
When flicking back, I clicked on the X accidentally, closing the window with the reply in that I just spent 90 mins writing.
I will redo that post, of course. but in short.....

Humans win.

Skyla was hung..

Mellisa Mae failed to vote, So died of the plague. Jennifer her lover, killed herself not wanting to live without Mellisa..
Jennifer was the final wolf...

Congratulations Mellisa for killing the final wolf..

Now back to typing for another 1-2 hours... GRrrrrrr.

Player jobs.
01. Clinton Jacinto - Master Wolf
02. Kyasuriin Matsumoto - Govenor
03. Skippy Bowen - Witch
04. Louise Bayou - Tracker
05. Leonard Beagle - Mason
06. lee cara - peasant
07. Talia Ichinari - Town Drunk
08. Madelene Gilbert - medium
09. Cleo Patra Wolf
10. Carter Taylor - Peasant
11. Jennifer Francis - Lover
12. Brian Turner. Wolf
13. Larry Burndorf - Healer
14. Chani Ruzzo - Wolf
15. Brandon Mcclellan - peasant
16. Shiadra Cattari - Wolf
17. Mike Eaton - Sheriff
18. Ashley Gibson - undertaker
19. Mellisa Rae - Lover
20. Will Not - Vigilante
21. Anna Leroux - Peasant
22. Amy Schmidt - Town drunk
23. Bryan Doolittle - Mason
24. Happy Trails - Mason
25. Ronnie Dee - Seer
26. Skyla Tate - Peasant
27. Scott Eiland - Mason

So here's my take on the game... please realize being a host is like listening in on 1 side of a phone conversation, I hear all the conversation but only one side of it. So this is my interpretation of what I heard..

Day 1.
Carter Taylor wrote:hehe, I think that among the first posters MUST be a wolf. Its just too tempting for one to stay out of the discussion.
A reasonable deduction, with Chani making the first post, and leading the starting conversations.
Larry Burndorf wrote:Right now I am thinking Chani is a wolf, she is being an awfully chatty Cathy.
It also threw suspicions to larry..
Amy Schmidt wrote:I vote to hang Chani cause she's wayyyyyyyyyyy to talkative, but what do I know.
And others...
Mike Eaton wrote:Everyone that points fingers for me is pro town.
Not really IMO, A good wolve is one who gains the villagers trust, and leads the villagers to hang a innocent.
Larry Burndorf wrote:The Masons should show themselves.
And Larry tried to lead the villagers into outing the masons.
This is a very good tactic, because the masons are the only group that can prove by each others testaments that they are who they claim to be.
This would then start a voting / information pack, which others can then add to, like the lovers. The lovers shouldn't out themselves first because they are high targets. Kill one and both die, a 2 for one kill taking out two votes. If a voting/information pack is established early, people with jobs have a safe place to submit their information to. And villagers can vote along with the trusted pack, Wolves who vote against the trusted pack, and be identified and killed. The trusted pack could then grow as other players prove themselves, like the witch and the person they save, etc..

But in the end. Mike was hung because he posted his job pm into chat, outing that he was the sheriff with 2 votes. Even though he was probably human, and actually was the sheriff, he was hung anyway, because a converted wolf with 2 votes, was dangerous to the village.

Leo.. Protested the "masons outing themselves" i think because of mason preservation, knowing it would make them a target. Which is true, when I'm a wolf I kill off the masons and the voting pack first. I think Leo's protests led the wolves to realize he was a mason, and Leo was the first to be eaten because of that.

Day 2.
Skippy, (the witch) being away racing, let someone else log into his account to save leo.
unfortunately this didn't form a strong Leo -> Skippy trust bond, because skippy was inactive within the game.

................. As the game progressed...........................
WOLVES................

Clinton Jacinto - Master Wolf
Cleo Patra - Wolf
Brian Turner. Wolf
Chani Ruzzo - Wolf
Shiadra Cattari - Wolf
Jennifer Francis - (lovers with Mellisa Rae) & Converted Wolf.

Wolf Voting..............

Chani worked out some game changing intentional loopholes for the wolves.
People don't have to do their jobs, they just have to vote on who to hang daily.
So wolves don't have to vote on who to eat. They just need a majority.
The more wolves that vote, the more danger they are in at being found by the tracker.
If the wolves tie on voting who to eat, no-one gets eaten.
So if the wolves are reliable, only one wolf voting is best and safest, no ties, and less wolves to track.

Was this what happened? I don't know, but after Chani confirmed the rules with me.
The wolves stopped voting regularly. And on three separate occasions throughout the game, no wolves voted.
They was no tied votes. Although there was some close to being tied. and the healers wolvesbane saved no-one.

The wolves voting just seemed, disorganized.

I did receive some pm's from Jennifer towards the end of the game. the message read. "This message was deleted before it was received"
So I'm not sure if she was voting on who to eat, but deleting the message before I got it. Or those deleted messages were for other reasons.

I think there was also a misreading of the rules with the master wolf as well, which lead to a IMO poor choice of villager to be converted.
Jennifer, A lover, were if her partner dies, she does too. I believe it was known she was a lover at the time of conversion.

Some of the wolves also faked some nice screen shots. I seen cleo's fake, it was well done. Apparently Chani's fake had tell tale signs of being a fake.

The Screenshots.
Screenshots of the pm's I sent people, containing their job information.
They had a lot of impact on the game, one way or another.

However its normally a part of the game. I expected them, which is why I warned people up front, that the game often does and will contain lying, deception and cheating. This is also why i posted a copy of all the pm's I sent out to people into the rules post. To make them less valid, and easier to fake.

Some people refused to take part in the screenshot "cheating" Brandon for example, So he was hung because of that.

Others made up some good fakes, and some not so good fakes.

And some others decided to quit over the screenshots, and stopped voting and allowed themselves to be killed.

All in all the screenshots were a good tactic, And were relied on heavily, once the known wolves were killed, And just the converted unknown wolf was left, the game seemed to fall apart a bit, because the screenshots seemed to be the sole source or at least the main source of peoples information and deductions.

Player Jobs.
Bay (Tracker) did her job well, she was just unlucky, and after tracking daily she got no useful information. The one time she did track a wolf (Cleo), the wolf was inactive that night.

Ash (Undertaker) Ash was told who was killed daily, either a wolf or a human. Unfortunately i have no idea what she did with this information, that's the 1/2 of the phone conversation I can not see.

Ronnie. (Seer) also did very well with their jobs, and went wolf hunting daily, Ronnie had no luck initially, but then soon got on the trail of the wolves and identified 3 in a row, Including Jennifer. unfortunately Ronnie then needed to have that trust thing going, And a way to get this information across to others. but unfortunately instead of listening to Ronnie, they opted for a hanging instead. But at least ronnie made some nice side bets like a true punter on the way out..

Kyasuriin (Govenor) I believe Kya used a reasonable tactic towards the end of the game, Putting across a unhappy I'm quitting appearance, to lead off hangings and the wolves. This tactic might have been more successful if the wolves were actually eating towards the end of the game. Kya had the Governor (cancel the hangings) card, that wasn't played and was saved for a rainy day. It worked, Kya finished alive, the humans won, but still its a shame the card is still unplayed even after the game is finished.

Larry (Healer) (a wolves bane to allocate to save a person from being eaten by the wolves). It was used regularly, on himself 1/2 the time of course. It never was successful in warding off any wolves though, on the days wolves didn't eat, it was because the wolves didn't vote.

Mike (sheriff) The sheriffs role is a curse more than good, the 2 votes is dangerous so you always have a target on your back from the wolves and the villagers. Mike outed out his sheriff's role on day 1 in chat, and this got him hung very quickly. Its dangerous having a converted wolf with 2 votes.

Amy Schmidt and Talia Ichinari (Town drunks) Although it seems like a bad job to start with, often its the drunks that are left to live through the game, they are not high targets for hangings, and not high targets for being eaten. So they usually get to enjoy the game to the end, over a bottle of cheap wine.

Mellisa Rae & Jennifer Francis (The Lesbies AKA The Lovers) Seemed fairly quiet, but then again when you have a 2-1 kill rate, its probably best to stay a bit quiet. Im surprised they were not targeted by the wolves, having two votes for one kill. (Before one was converted)

Madelene Gilbert (medium) Its a pretty useless role, just above peasant. No relative information was found really..

Will Not (Vigilante) Killed a human (Bay). Oh well... : )

The Masons.
Scott Eiland
Happy Trails
Bryan Doolittle
Leonard Beagle
Its fairly unusual that all the masons can make it through the game untouched, as I've said they are normally who I target first when I'm a wolf.
I unfortunately don't get to see their internal workings. Most of it wasn't made public.

The peasants. Who often cried why take out the peasants? because that is a job that's hard to prove, so its usually where the wolves try to hide, and what the wolves usually try to pass themselves off as. When things get tough, killing off the peasants and the wolves hiding amongst them is a valid tactic.

Counting and managing the hanging votes.
Is a very important strategy that I didn't see anyone taking advantage of.
Who voted for who, should have been tallied up and recorded daily. So you got information like.

Who's voting in packs, So who's masons? and who's wolves?
Who's voting to hang wolves, Who's voting to hang masons?
Who's voting with the masons, who's voting with the known wolves.
From counting the votes, and matching that up with who's hung. you can also work out who the drunks are with 0 votes, and who the sheriff is with 2 votes.

A lot of voting should be placed towards the end of the day. So people can aim to tie the votes.
When the votes are tied, whoever is tied is hung.
So with the wolves 5-6 votes, they could have on numerous occasions tied up the voting, and hung off 1-2-3 or even 4 villagers a day.

On the day that Chani was hung, (Tied with carter), not all the wolves voted carter. If simply one wolf changed their vote to carter, it would not have been a tie. And Chani would not have been killed.

The game as a whole.......
The steward posted the forums and chat were a bit quiet, and suggested some kind of team game.
In return this was opened up for signups, looking for 14->20 players. 27 players signed up within 12 hours and the game quickly started.
At least 3 simsters pm'ed me disappointed that they missed out on playing. The game attracted 420 forum posts and 4787 views in this post alone, and about 520 posts 6000 views all up. Chat also flourished, with 22 players in chat one night on a off race day. Now the games over, there's 2 inactive people in chat as well as myself. It did have a impact on chat activity and forum activity. So based on that I conciser the game very successful..

I think the next game, if another is run, could benefit with less players, and within the 14->20 player range. 27 was a bit too many.
And for players commenting on the length of the game, if you start with 27 players, at worst the game will end with 3-4 players left. 2 killed a day, So 27 players could last about 12 days. 14 players could last about 5 days. Etc Etc..

Glad most of you had fun..

Regards
Tan..
Innocent Onlooker
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Re: Werewolf Game 1. Closed. Humans Win. Posting Allowed

Post by Leonard Beagle »

What a way to end the game....but at least us villagers won!

Now, for some notes from the game.

Chani played me like a fiddle!! Wow, I can't believe I fell for her cr@pola like I did. I always thought she was the wolf, and I even told her that, but I knew I was sick of the 'screenies'. Thinking she was a wolf, I asked her to make up a fake screenie for me, and I'd take them public. I didn't care if people knew they were fake, I just wanted some doubt from other players about them. She ended up going that night, and had I switched my vote from Carter to Chani, their wouldn't have been a tie. UGH, nicely played Chani......

Wow, Jennifer doesn't bet because she's against it? Nope....she doesn't bet because she knows she would have lost. Ronnie, you really proved to me there that you weren't the transformed wolf. What a magnificent play, too bad no one else caught on to that either. And speaking of Jennifer, why'd you wolves transform her? You must not have known her role, huh? And killing Ash (undertaker) on night 3.......was that just lucky to get such an important role? Or, did you guys know who she was?

Skyla - I'm waiting on that 'told you so' message from you. I will also humbly receive 'told you so' messages from Carter, Brandon, and Mike. Sorry! :)

Eaton and Burndorf and the Masons - OK, you two, we just wanted you to shut up!! The four of us (Scott, Bryan, and Happy) were talking and PM'ing and making phone calls from the very beginning. We had what we thought was a solid plan. Each of the 4 of us were going to reach out to one person and confide in who we were, but not 'out' the other masons. If we felt like we could trust them, that was a solid voting block of 8. And when I was killed and resurrected, I knew Skippy was a witch, and our voting block was upped to 9. We NEVER got the chance to see if our plan would work or not, as the screenies came into play. I was talking with Louise, and Scott had just contacted Cleo. Bryan and Happy never got the chance to approach someone. Maybe this plan doesn't work to the villagers advantage, but we weren't willing to come out.

I really enjoyed the game, aside from screenies and some bickering. I would love to play in version 2.
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

if it hadnt been for melissa id still be alive but i believe i plyed my role up to par even when i was converted i didnt vote for no one to be eaten because i was at work and the reason tan didnt get my messages is because i deleted them i didnt want the seer on to me which he was. u were correct kya i had to keep u on my side because if i got hanged melissa died and that would of been the end to the wolfs but my own lover killed me anyways hehe but just like i said it was just a game and i had fun so thanks tan u made the days eventful
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

[quote="Leonard Beagle"]
Eaton and Burndorf and the Masons - OK, you two, we just wanted you to shut up!! The four of us (Scott, Bryan, and Happy) were talking and PM'ing and making phone calls from the very beginning. We had what we thought was a solid plan. Each of the 4 of us were going to reach out to one person and confide in who we were, but not 'out' the other masons. If we felt like we could trust them, that was a solid voting block of 8. And when I was killed and resurrected, I knew Skippy was a witch, and our voting block was upped to 9. We NEVER got the chance to see if our plan would work or not, as the screenies came into play. I was talking with Louise, and Scott had just contacted Cleo. Bryan and Happy never got the chance to approach someone. Maybe this plan doesn't work to the villagers advantage, but we weren't willing to come out.

Seeing as I don't see how reaching out to 4 people is a solid plan i would of disputed this even if i knew.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Post by Skyla Tate »

Leonard Beagle wrote: Skyla - I'm waiting on that 'told you so' message from you.
I told you before that I don't do 'told you so' messages. But I will get one flaunt in. Told you so! I wasn't lying! Now if someone would've just betted against me...

And how come I end up dying the same night the last wolf dies?
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

For the most part I enjoyed this game a lot.

I have to say, I believe that Ashley was a most excellent Undertaker. Once I knew who she was and trusted her, she kept me informed (as a mason) of who was human or wolf when they died and I could pass that on to at least one other mason (Bryan) - Leo seemed to have his own info going and I assumed he was letting Scott in on things. I don't know if Jenn was already converted when Ashley was killed - if she was, then she is probably the reason that Ashley got killed. That day she had discovered Ashley was the undertaker and that night, Ashley died. :( Jenn, did you have Ashley killed??

Larry, I can only say that I was literally dying to tell you who the masons were from the beginning.

I don't know who started the screenshots but I thought they were an excellent tactic for the villagers - being not computer saavy, I had no idea they could be faked.

Thank you, Tan, for a fun time!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯