The Werewolf Apology Topic

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Re: The Werewolf Apology Topic

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Chani Ruzzo wrote:awww.. reminds me of my werewolf days eons ago, and when fursonas were popular when i was a teen.

yes i was a purple wolfie
Kinky.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

Chani Ruzzo wrote:awww.. reminds me of my werewolf days eons ago, and when fursonas were popular when i was a teen.

yes i was a purple wolfie
So you are a furry? :shock:
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

ahhh.. the things you don't know about me.. was though.. not so much now
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Screen Shots
I'm going to say that if we do Game 2.. the Screenie Meanies must dissapear.

My reasoning? It's in poor spirit of the game me thinks.
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Chani Ruzzo wrote:Screen Shots
I'm going to say that if we do Game 2.. the Screenie Meanies must dissapear.

My reasoning? It's in poor spirit of the game me thinks.
Its very hard to monitor what people do 24/7, To prove whats been done, and then to enforce some kind of punishment.
Enforcing a kind of punishment, like killing them off, harms the game too by altering the balance.

Ive already asked people to post their votes clearly as....
I VOTE FOR XXXXXXXXXXX
In bold..

However more often than not it doesn't happen, and when it comes to counting votes i still have to read peoples 35 line story's to see if within that they snuck in who they were voting for...
So counting votes takes over a hour.
And that cant be done earlier to save time, because people can edit and change their votes.

But then again a lot of people still don't edit like they have been asked to, and vote 2 times.

Dead people cant talk, bay's posted 3x after being killed, and was requested not to after each time.
(No offense bay, I don't give a dam really, just saying you cant control what people do.)

So point being, yes I would like it if people didn't use screenshots. but is if feasible to ban them? can you enforce it if its banned? and apply what punishment?
What you would like to happen. It a lot different to applying a rule..

Maybe everyone should just get better at faking them.

Another problem is because of the large number of players, I added a lot more jobs. cause jobs are fun.. Instead of adding a lot more peasants..
So its a lot harder for the wolves to hide. And might tilt the game in flavor of the villagers. might need to increase jobs of drunks and peasants to balance it a bit more.
i thought not telling people who died, (wolf or human) and adding a undertaker job, might balance things out. but, not enough i don't think..

Anyway just thoughts...

Its up to whoever runs the next one. And what the players want...
Innocent Onlooker
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I would add something but I am dead.......HAHAHA
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I don't understand what the problem was with having screenshots.

All of the wolves know who each other are at the beginning of the game. They just don't know who is the master, why I don't know. I would assume the master wolf would just tell the other wolves who he/she is.

Why is it wrong for the villagers to try to have a way to know who they all are????

I thought that was a pretty smart move by the villagers, to be honest. (Until I realized that screenshots can be faked. :( )

I mean, the object of the game is to WIN, isn't it? What kind of sportsmanship is it to want to remain ignorant and kill off your own people????
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

All of the wolves know who each other are at the beginning of the game. They just don't know who is the master, why I don't know. I would assume the master wolf would just tell the other wolves who he/she is.
I agree Happy, that rule is pretty pointless.
I made it like that, so the master wolf didn't have any pressure from the other wolves, of when they should use it, or who to use it on.
And, if they decide to use it mid game, or a bit later. And the master wolf is killed before the skills used, then they don't get crap for that.
So i just left it to the master wolf, to decide if they wanted to tell the other wolves or not.
Its really not a big thing, it could easily be taken out, but I don't think taking it out would improve anything.
Innocent Onlooker
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Sorry for being a poor sport in the end and leaving the villagers with nothing left to help them, but it's just the way I feel.
Gateway Farms
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Tanitha Starlet wrote:
I agree Happy, that rule is pretty pointless.
I made it like that, so the master wolf didn't have any pressure from the other wolves, of when they should use it, or who to use it on.
And, if they decide to use it mid game, or a bit later. And the master wolf is killed before the skills used, then they don't get crap for that.
So i just left it to the master wolf, to decide if they wanted to tell the other wolves or not.
Its really not a big thing, it could easily be taken out, but I don't think taking it out would improve anything.
Please do not take that as a criticism, Tan, I didn't mean it that way, so sorry. I really think it is fine that the other wolves aren't told who the master is. I was just trying to throw in the comparison that the wolves all know each other from the beginning while the villagers are totally blind. If they found a tool that they thought would help, I don't understand why there was so much fuss about it.

It's like driving a car to get somewhere is cheating, if everyone were a *sport* they would walk everywhere and not use the "advantage" of a tool.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I don't think so.. the wolves get to know who they are.. the masons get to know who they are and so do the lovers.. The game is about finding out who to trust, and numbers. if everyone told each other who they were, what's the point in the game?
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Happy Trails wrote:Please do not take that as a criticism, Tan, I didn't mean it that way, so sorry. I really think it is fine that the other wolves aren't told who the master is. I was just trying to throw in the comparison that the wolves all know each other from the beginning while the villagers are totally blind. If they found a tool that they thought would help, I don't understand why there was so much fuss about it.

It's like driving a car to get somewhere is cheating, if everyone were a *sport* they would walk everywhere and not use the "advantage" of a tool.

Its cool Happy, There is no rule book for this game, each game is fairly different. And the rules and villager roles need to be adjusted depending on the number of people playing etc etc.. So this always was and had to be a pilot version. Hoping that it was balanced enough to not be one sided, and provide enough of a challenge.

With the players tweaking onto the screenshot plan, Its put the game in favor of the humans.

If the games played again, the rules and roles, will need to be tweaked, again to try and make it as balanced as possible.

Copy/Pasting the PMs from me and/or faking them, is a old common tactic. This is why in the rules thread, I posted a copy of all the pm's I sent to people.. To make it harder for people to use copy/pastes as a tactic.

I think the main problem with this game, was the number of players. I was hunting for 14->20 but it ended up at 27 just 12 hours after opening signups.
The more players = a longer game = more time for the humans to get organized, work things out, and then kill the wolves.
Less players = a shorter game = by the time the humans work things out, its often too late because they have lost a lot of their numbers in the first 2-3 of days.

But as chani said, unfortunately peasants have to start totally blind, the masons are quite powerful simply because they are told who the other masons are, and can form a voting block. Masons effectively are peasants who know who each other are..

But.. from the looks of this game, + players are more experienced now, + screenshots, If anything the humans need to be weakened next game to balance things more. IE More vote-less drunks, more blind peasants, less job roles, a extra werewolf. (something like that).
Innocent Onlooker
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Here is how this screenshot thing could be balanced out. Let the master wolf be able to turn more than one person or have a villager be a random traitor from the start. This should at least will either stop people from blindly sending sceenies to stranger and be more weary of those who ask for them. The traitor can be anyone in the village. This should balance the power.

If the traitor thing don't work then let the master wolf transform as many heads as he can and the sceenies after a villager is transformed will be a hindrance to the villagers instead of it being a helpfull tool.
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

I should clarify that the master wolf will have a one transform limit per day or every other day etc...
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Andy Gol
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Andy Gol »

Or just send everyone all of the roles and then send whatever the real role is twice. Hahah! Foiled!