The Werewolf Apology Topic

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Re: The Werewolf Apology Topic

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Clinton is still after me! HEEHEE.....
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Clinton Jacinto wrote:Either way, I have to admit I had quite a fun time.
And by "quite a fun time" are you referring to your final hours? :P
Gateway Farms
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Ok that was not a "quite" a fun time, that was a "hell yeah I got some in your face all you villagers" kind of fun time. Gotta admit your a naughty one :)
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

since, I can't talk in the main game post. I'll say it here, cuz it's funny as hell. Can someone say to Jen that Ronnie ask the teller to look at her safety deposit bank :) and that is how he knew about her treasure. heheh...
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I love the idea of an off site forum. And I love the idea of fake names.

For those interested, I'm creating an off-SIM site through FreeWebs with a forum and member list that we can use. It'll be easy to maintain and set up. Yes?
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Clinton Jacinto wrote:Ok that was not a "quite" a fun time, that was a "hell yeah I got some in your face all you villagers" kind of fun time. Gotta admit your a naughty one :)
Look who's talking. :wink: :P
Gateway Farms
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Cleo Patra wrote:
Madelene Gilbert wrote:I love the idea of an off site forum. And I love the idea of fake names.

For those interested, I'm creating an off-SIM site through FreeWebs with a forum and member list that we can use. It'll be easy to maintain and set up. Yes?
Its really NO problems for me to put a forum on my domain for you to use. At least that way you wouldn't have any ads. I'll just set up the forum and then hand full control to you to do what you wish.

Up to you though :)

I think I got it. Freewebs is fun and easy to use. We'll see how it goes. I'll let this current game finish though before I post anything... :D
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Not that I plan on playing again now, but screenshots didn't really ruin it for me like some people. I took it as a challenge to find fakes.
However, this whole betting thing does ruin it for me. It just doesn't sit well for me.
So basically what I'm saying is I understand what the people that are upset about screenshots were feeling now.
Gateway Farms
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Post by Skyla Tate »

Certain things are always going to ruin it for someone, the screenshots did a little for me, but I guess I'm not as into the game as other people are becuase I didn't find it that bad....I guess I applaud the people who can figure out different ways to play the game?
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

For those interested, I have a Werewolf site up and ready to go for Game 2. :D Details coming soon...
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

I'm a little torn about one suggestion..

Taking the game to a off-site forum. As suggested by several players.
Firstly thank you for the suggestion, and offering to do the work and time involved, for our benefits.

However.

The steward posted about these forums, and the chat being a bit quiet, And suggested a team game.
This game came to my mind, So although I don't like running this game (I prefer to play), I started it up trying to benefit the sim.
And increase the sim's forum activity and chat activity. Which was accomplished..
With 480 forum posts, and almost 6000 views so far.. And a fairly decent increase in chat room activity.
Even 22 people in chat at one time, on a off race day....

But to me, moving the game to a off-site forum, would remove the initial purpose of starting the game up.
IE increased sim forum activity.

But than again, on the other hand, The werewolf game really does benefit from moderation. Being able to lock / unlock the thread.
Removing comments from dead players, and non players. Etc...
And I did ask for moderator for this section, but there was no reply.

As I said, I'm a little torn on the subject..

I think I'd prefer any future games to be held here on the sim, to help the sim out, even though there is no moderation.
But id join another forum, to get a moderated game, if that's the way people decide to go.

As for some of the tactics used while playing.

They happen, I've used those tactics myself while playing other werewolf games.
And I tried to warn people that, the game usually does include a lot of lying, deceit and cheating.
So they were a little prepared going into the game, and knew what to expect.

Some people didn't grasp that though, and decided to withdraw from the game mid way.
Some people took my advice, and decided not to play at the start, because lying isn't their thing.

But also remember, with the screen shots, if your a wolf, and you get asked for a screenshot.
One tactic, to try and save your backside, is to kick up a stink, and spit the dummie about screenshots.
And call them cheating, and how you will now quit because of them.
The "scene" and b1tching, is often just a game maneuver and a tactic..

So it might be a idea to find out peoples "real" thoughts about things, after the games finished.

But even then, someones tactic might not be liked by others, because, they didn't think of it first.
or because it was a good tactic that caught them out, got them killed, and ended their game.
Innocent Onlooker
Carter Taylor
Derby Contender

Post by Carter Taylor »

haha, funniest thing about the whole game to me:

I figured I was due to be hanged, since I had no circle of trust. No one trusted me and I trusted no one. I think anyone that matters by now will know I was only a peasant. But in the game when I was approached, and decided to play it honestly and own up to what I was, with some trust in another player that really, I wasn't sure of at all.....well, I was immediately voted to hang and swung that very night.

I do think maybe some folks are taking this all a little too seriously. Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.
I have Absolutely No Idea ;)
Shiadra Cattari
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Shiadra Cattari »

Well that was fun :)
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Cleo Patra wrote:Now its all over, I can officially say.

I'm sorry Scott!
(You love me really?)

I blame it on the Aussieness. My English side was very much against tricking you, but my competitiveness won out. I felt guilty the WHOLE game.

No apology is necessary! I do now doubt life, the universe, and everything, but you had me hook line and sinker.

I feel like an IDIOT. Well played.

You did exactly what I would have done.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

im sorry if i hurt anyones feeling s but getting to play both sides was fun it gave us something to do and it also made them even more interesting sorry kya for decieving u but once i was turned thats all i could do but dont think im really that type of person it was all for the game
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.