Werewolf Game 2: Site up and running!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Werewolf Game 2: Site up and running!

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

There seem to be an overwhelming response to starting a second game, and soon. So without further ado, I give you...

WEREWOLF GAME 2

Be prepared for a whole new level of chaos, backstabbing, deceit and FUN! Immerse yourself in a humble quiet village and give yourself a chance to actually become your role.

Game 2 will begin next week! Sign-ups are starting immediately and will be closed on Sunday May 23rd at 11:59pm PDT. If you are interested in playing, please join as a member. Then, following your acceptance, please fill out the "Contact Moderator" form with your in-game (fake!!!) name and your SIM/real name. I'll need the last one in order to confirm your place.

The website includes gameplay FAQs, role FAQs (note differences from Game 1), and a free-use forum. Rules are also posted in that forum.

I will be moderating over this game. And although the majority of gameplay will take place on the website, it has been suggested that I post daily updates here on the SIM forum. :D

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions post them here!
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Werewolf Game 2: Site up and running!

P.S.

When setting up your member profile, please either make up your information (more in character) or leave it blank. Do not include any SIM or personal information/links. It will be used to trace back to your real identity, which can be used against you!
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Hi Madelene, looks great.

I'm looking forward to playing..

I know your still working on it, but these were the things I was unsure of..

I noticed you wrote that people with night jobs, need to pm you nightly even if they don't wish to perform their job.
So what are you going to do about it, if they don't?
Is it a 1 warning 2 your dead system?
Is this a different or accumulative to the voting for hanging warnings.?
So if a player is away for a day, and missed a day hanging vote, and a night job they are dead?

Town Dunce: Do they get a vote?
The Psychic cant read them, but can read everyone else, So when the Psychic gets the message you cant read this person then surely they will know its the dunce and be pointless?

The game is in PDT, is that sim time?

There are two main roles: Villager or Werewolf.

Of those, there are several primary Villager roles, including the Seer, Psychic, Herbalist, Healer and Undertaker.

There are also secondary roles, which could be Werewolf or Villager. These include Lovers, Vigilante, Town Drunks, Town Dunces, Masons and the Sheriff. The wolves will also have an Alpha Wolf.
I think this is just a little typo. It basically says....
Two main roles are villager or werewolf.
There are also secondary roles which could be villager or werewolf.

The contact moderator bit is very nice and simple, just type in your name and what you want...
But is it too simple? after i work out who a wolf is, can I just type in the wolves name and a message of who I want to eat?

Just little things I wasn't sure about.
Innocent Onlooker
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Ok, let me see if I can answer those for you...

1) There is no penalty if I don't get a response from "night" roles. My thoughts were: Even if you don't want to take an action, I still need to know you're out there and playing. If you have a night role, however, it is in the best interest of your association (wolf or villager) to actually perform that action.
Players will be penalized if you do not VOTE during the day, i.e. you'll get the plague for missing 1 vote, die if you miss 2.
In regards to the prior loophole with the wolves: With the new role rules, there is no penalty for being "discovered" based on whether a wolf votes or not. Therefore, it is in your best interest to all participate and vote.

2) The Town Dunce is merely an immunity. They get every other perk that a normal villager would, including 1 vote. As to what the Psychic's feedback is regarding the Dunce, that's a mystery to be revealed to the Psychic at that time...
(I do have the rule in mind, but I'm not posting to preserve gameplay ;) )

3) In order to keep a continuity, the Werewolf game will be played in Pacific Time, the same as the SIM. If that is a serious conflict for a particular player due to time zone differences, please PM/email me.

4) That's not a typo. There are two main associations in the game: Werewolf and Villager.
The villagers will have several "allies". Those are the primary Villager roles and only villagers will be assigned those roles, unless of course they are turned. I'm debating whether or not to let them "keep" their villager role.
The secondary roles are open to all players, and could be werewolf or villager.

5) I had not thought about that, but I will have the player's emails and if I receive any suspicious votes can contact them directly. Mainly the contact form was for direct questions, concerns and for registration for the game. I can specify that night roles are to be private messaged to me/the MOD if necessary.

These are great! Any type of feedback is definitely appreciated. :D
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

It will not let me join. :( It looks like you will be having enough people to play, though, so I will sit this one out. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯