Just A Note

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Told you that you had talent ;)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I JUST found out I made Dean's List this semester!!! I ended up with an A+ in Mayan Archaeology, A's in Sports & Mass Media and Drawing I, an A- in Design I, a B in Economics (phew!), and a credit in Co-Op 101. I'm ECSTATIC! Anyone who knows how badly I did in Kentucky would be shocked to see this improvement (and dean's list at HACC...a community college last semester...doesn't count as "good" for me, since I didn't try at all there). YAY!!!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

congrats to both of you
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I'm done!!!!! Okay, so I was only taking 1 class so that I could transfer into the Cal State System (stupid transfer requirements for people with 60+ hours), but I got a 98% when all was said and done. Woot! On Jan 8th I will go back to school full time for the first time in a year.... and I'm not really big on school, so this should be fun!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Yay! I start January 8th too!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

I GOT A B IN BIOCHEMISTRY HOLY SMACK!!!!! I am so excited :) Tomorrow I graduate and I just can't WAIT!
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

ASchmidt wrote: You went to HACC as in Harisburg Area Community College? Where do you go now?
I went to HACC for one semester because it was the easiest and closest school to where I was living at the time, and I knew I was moving as soon as I could, so it would be easy to transfer out of. I actually went to the Lebanon campus. I go to Drexel University now in Philly.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I made the Deans List my last 2 semesters of college. I missed out on my 2nd semester Junior year because i had an A- and a B+ and that doesn't cut it. LOL Otherwise i would have graduated with honors... Oh well. I was pretty proud of myself considering that my hardest classes were my last 2 semesters. The others were all just me being a slacker. ;) And i got myself gradumated with a 3.0, it's REALLY hard to come back after messing up in HS english college classes...
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

You guys are all losers with your Deans List's and 4.0's! You know what I say?

D is for DEGREE, baby!

Ok,ok... I got my first D EVER this semester, and it actually bothers me to no end, but I really just couldn't grasp the graphing in econ, so who gives a fart, right?

Last Fall I had a 3.8 (and with 7 classes, that aint easy - all As and one B ), this Fall, a 2.8... I maintain it was Doug who broke my will to be motivated.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Ali LaDuke wrote: You guys are all losers with your Deans List's and 4.0's! You know what I say?

D is for DEGREE, baby!

Ok,ok... I got my first D EVER this semester, and it actually bothers me to no end, but I really just couldn't grasp the graphing in econ, so who gives a fart, right?

Last Fall I had a 3.8 (and with 7 classes, that aint easy - all As and one B ), this Fall, a 2.8... I maintain it was Doug who broke my will to be motivated.
I got a D at Kentucky...and two F's... :o
Inspiration Stud
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I once got a No Grade because I didn't attend class (read: ever) enough to get a grade. :)

This would be why I'm still in college at age 30.

P.S. This was before the SIM so don't blame Emily.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I got a medical drop once because I actually slept too late and missed a whole lot of classes (because I hated it).. however, the sleeping late coincided with having a bad cold for which they gave me antihistamines. I told the doctor that I took Dimetapp on top of the antihistamines and couldn't keep awake in the afternoons. No more questions asked, he wrote me the note.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

I came out of UCSD with the following lovely GPA additions: F, C-, C+, six B-'s and still managed a 3.49999999999999999999... (yes it did actually go on for ever)... which was enough to get me into a good Grad school.

So the moral of the story is that a couple of rotten apples won't spoil the lot... but grad/med schools prefer increases in performance rather then decreases over time.

That said... ALWAYS DROP A GE CLASS if you know you just can't cut it... and try again next quarter with tutoring assistance. My school allowed F's to be replaced by a new grade if you retook the course.
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

Nikki...we all know that F's at Kentucky are actually E's and I would know because I got my first E/F ever, in Calculus, last semester and I got my first D ever, in Calculus, this semester! I also got 2 A's and 2 B's. As Ali said, D stands for degree and C gets degrees!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Sean Feld wrote: Nikki...we all know that F's at Kentucky are actually E's and I would know because I got my first E/F ever, in Calculus, last semester and I got my first D ever, in Calculus, this semester! I also got 2 A's and 2 B's. As Ali said, D stands for degree and C gets degrees!
haha, Calculus was one of my F's (are they really E's now at KY? I got F's when I was there). My teacher was HORRIFIC; I went to him for help one day and he actually told me I needed psychiatric help!!!!
Inspiration Stud