Another Sad Day

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

So I refreshed about 5 times trying to make it go away, but it wouldn't. The most freaking awesome horse, gone in such a random way, life sucks.

Strong Yankee Euthanized

December 17, 2006

Trot Insider has learned that Strong Yankee was humanely destroyed on Saturday after being injured in an accident at Tara Hills Stud Farm in Port Perry, Ont.

The four-year-old son of Muscles Yankee - So So Chic was turned out in a paddock at Tara Hills on Saturday morning when he fell and injured his shoulder.

After being rushed to the vet clinic at the University of Guelph and having the extent of injuries determined, the decision was made to euthanize Strong Yankee.

Owned by the Strong Yankee Stable of Port Perry, Ont., Strong Yankee was in the process of being syndicated for his first year at stud.

This sudden loss to the Tara Hills' stud roster might prompt the owners of three-year-old trotter Here Comes Herbie to reconsider his future.

Please join Standardbred Canada in offering our condolences to the connections of Strong Yankee.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

That's sad...

I went to Chester Downs today, and a horse I'd started to like after seeing him run last week as well, named Who's a Dog, got hurt during his race this afternoon. He was on the far turn, on the rail and surrounded by horses, when he suddenly threw his head up in the air, was pulled up somehow without hurting anyone else, and limped to a halt. He made it onto the van, but I don't know if he would have been able to make it once he got back to the barn. I wish it was easy to find out what was going on with him...
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds