Questions on Silver Cup

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Almutawakel has a good amount of Green Desert in his pedigree, and Northern Dancer is 3 generations back in your horse's pedigree, and this is what I'd primarly look for stallions based on. There's not a whole lot of Mr. Prospector around on turf, hence my generally overlooking that for now.

Things that would cross well with Green Dancer, in my opinion, include Domedriver (as a son of Indian Ridge, who is sired by Ahonoora, in turn the sire of a mare named Park Appeal who grossed to Green Dancer to sire the stellar racehorse and promising sire Cape Cross), Leroidesanimaux (same link), or anything from the Ridgewood Pearl line, which is the same link just further removed. The best horses from that line are The Scarlet Nite and Faith Justified. Sons of Danehill also are appealing (Elvstroem, Redoute's Choice, Rock Of Gibraltar, North Light, Exceed and Excel, Choisir in order of my preference for this particular mare), since Green Desert crossed well to the great mare Hasili to produce Heat Haze, a half-sister to the Danehill fillies (and BC winners) Banks Hill and Intercontinental.

If the mare flops as a turf producer, which is possible though not probable since 3/4 of the pedigree suggests turf (even though Almutawakel had some big wins on dirt), try her out over the dirt; I'd suggest starting with a solid Battle Cry line horse (anything sired by Battle Cry or Fighting With Wit would fit the bill, and Battle Cry still leaves open the option of switching to turf).