Groupies...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Ara Davies wrote: Yell's groom called me a stalker.
Were you not worried by this comment Ara? :lol:

I saw Arctic Times before he made it big, i maintain he still can't jump and was totally shocked to see him finish last years Aintree Foxhunters race :lol:
Jarrn Shikage
Derby Contender

Post by Jarrn Shikage »

I have honestly never gone to a race, even though I live about 5 minutes away from Santa Anita.

*is a total loser*
Just Look - STB Trotter - $2k
~11:7-3-0
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Art Fan!!! Okay, no, the first time I saw her was love at first sight and then the consecutive times were on purpose. A horse that always seems to be there when I go to the track is Lady Linda. She just sticks out to me cause Linda was the name of a favored teacher at culinary school, the mare herself... I honestly don't know what her record's like, I never looked it up.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Iron Mike
Two Year Old

Post by Iron Mike »

Shaconage was a lovely filly i followed on TV and i got to see her live on two occasions.

I'm a little sorry i missed FUNNY CIDE when he came to Woodbine last summer.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I was at Gulfstream once when Funny Cide was set to parade between races. There were TONS of us crowded on the rail waiting for him. He ended up coming out with the horses for the next race and unlike them wasn't all decked out in fancy saddlecloths and stuff. Naturally, every person around me stared at the other horses, since of course that boring looking chestnut COULDN'T be Funny Cide. I even told them all that that was Funny Cide. I mean, it's very obvious, he may not have white markings on his face but he sure stands out to me. Anyway, I finally left my spot when he went past and followed him on down the track. When I came back, the people near where I had been were disappointed that they had somehow missed him. They simply couldn't understand it. I pointed out yet AGAIN that the horse I had said was Funny Cide really was Funny Cide but they still didn't believe me.

As if you could miss his cute horse face him is cute! Yes him has the cutest horse face ever, yes him does!

Another day I made a little Funny Cide cheering section when he came by before a race and I think it made Santos's day since he grinned really big at us when they came back by. It was nice since everyone else around the paddock had been ignoring Funny earlier. :angry:

P.S. I love Funny Cide
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I was Adreamisborn's biggest fan/ stalker. I loved him muchly and was very sad when he died. Nobody could tell me anything was wrong with this horse. i swear he couldn't falter in my eyes. I even got in a fight with Steve Martinelli years back about this horse, but now all is well. I defended Adreamisborn into the ground. I saw every race of his here in Northern California since he arrived here. I only missed it the times he went to Washington and Kentucky. I followed his groom aroudn Bay Meadows and tried to sneak into the paddock. I'd have sold my soul to have my picture taken with him. At Pleasanton I petted his nose in the winner's circle because the winner's circle is right up against the rail and you can touch the hores if you want to try to, and I did.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

iron mike wrote: Shaconage was a lovely filly i followed on TV and i got to see her live on two occasions.

I think i've got some pics of her from Keeneland. She is a nice lookng girl. I'll see if I can find them and then get them uploaded when i get home. LOL
Iron Mike
Two Year Old

Post by Iron Mike »

JoleneD wrote:
iron mike wrote: Shaconage was a lovely filly i followed on TV and i got to see her live on two occasions.

I think i've got some pics of her from Keeneland. She is a nice lookng girl. I'll see if I can find them and then get them uploaded when i get home. LOL
I'm looking forward to that. thx
Kat Turnbull I
Miler

Post by Kat Turnbull I »

I also went to Philly Park specifically to see Speak Compelling run a few years ago.
Ooo! Speak Compelling!! A daughter of my favorite sire, Compelling Sound - YES, I am biased - I own two CS's and they are the best horses I've ever owned. I had the chance to buy Speak Compelling a couple of years ago, and if I hadn't had so many horses already I would have bought her. I can't wait till I can move to a bigger farm and buy more Sound babies.