Haunted Building

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Haunted Building

Post by Nena Olson »

Haunted Building
Gabriel x The Haunt, by Ghostzapper
Bred by: The Steward
Bought: BSSYrl for $134,000

Dirt: 9: 5-1-2 - $171,000

Highest SF: 84
Lowest SF: 59

WINS
Y26, W7 - Allowance, 1 Mile Dirt - 1:38.15
Y26, W14 - Non Winners of Three, 1 Mile Dirt - 1:38.15
Y27, W1 - Early Bird Stakes, 1 Mile Dirt - 1:38.00
Y27, W4 - Allowance Race, 1 Mile Dirt - 1:38.15
Y27, W13 - Hier To the Throne Cup, 1 Mile Dirt - 1:37.14

PLACE
Y27, W10 - Minnesota Derby (G3), 1 Mile Dirt - Winner: Chief

SHOW
Y26, W11 - Potri Flash Classic, 1 Mile Dirt - Winner: Smiling Boy
Y27, W15 - Brooklyn Mile (G1), 1 Mile Dirt - Winner: World Is Watching
Last edited by Nena Olson 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Haunted Building

Post by Nena Olson »

So, Haunted Building had a bad streak of facing off against horses who have been incredibly fast. Like in the Derby Mile, he faced off against King of Pop, Most Respectable, and Shadow Baby and received his only off the board finish with a 4th place. Then he went to the Minnesota Derby (G3), where he faced Chief, and lost by a length.

Then... there was the race tonight, I decided to throw blinkers on him for the first time and sent him to Jamaica where he would face older horses for the first time, including G3 winner, Liquid Gold ($344k) and G1 winner, On The Road ($263k), as well as G2 winner American Fireworks ($493k). I was tempted to scratch him because I really thought it would be a softer spot and wasn't sure how he'd handle stakes winning older males after that grueling effort against Chief.

Well... Haunted Building decided that Blinkers was the magic potion and he FLEW home to a 3 length victory over Liquid Gold in the time of 1:37.14 where he earned his highest speed figure, ever, with an 84! My mind is blown haha. This is the highest SF that a dirt horse has ever run for me! YAY HB!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Very nice!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

HB runs tonight in the G1 Brooklyn Mile. I'm quite nervous, I have never had a big horse in a major G1 dirt race before. I decided that this was the best course for his career though, and next year he will be pointed towards the SC Dirt Mile. Hopefully it was the right choice!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

He was third...

But he won't be seeing anymore graded stakes races anytime soon as he just isn't graded stakes caliber :( Poor HB.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚