Merry Christmas

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

<a href='http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todays ... 2&subsec=3' target='_blank'>http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todays ... ubsec=3</a>

Rotten luck, but that's what you sometimes get when you aim for a mid-January foal. At least it was a filly.

Edit: Why did I post this in the Off Topic forum? It is a mystery.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

When I saw your post I thought "who cares" because this happens all the time.

Then I saw WHO it happened to, and I was like Oh.... not..... good.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

I just bought that mare for the game, lol, that poor lil girl, hope she does alright but all the other 2 yr olds will have an unfair advantage on her when she starts racing, maybe theyll leave it till she is a three yr old before she starts
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

You'd be surprised how many foals are born January 1st compared to the rest of January :blink:
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm surprised they even let the news out. Why not keep it quiet until January 1st, then announce her healthy birth on that day? Isn't that what's normally done?
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

um ... wow

I am REALLY surprised they didn't keep quiet on this one.

Though I don't think they're allowed to, $9.4million mare...not exactly a secret life, you know? Probably tried to keep it a secret but of course that kind of information was likely to leak.

This news is ... wow

I'm at a loss for words.

The foal will probably never race. Glad it's a filly, she'll be of use as a broodmare.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

It sounds like they're hinting at sending her south to race.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Perhaps because a lot of eyes are on that mare since she sold for so much. May as well be honest and not have to backtrack when you get caught in the lie.
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

Even if they sent her south she would be the equivalent of a june foal and on top of that she is a pre-mi and she is the first foal from the mare. SHe will probably be very very small, so I doubt she will ever run either.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Sean and I were talking about how a few years ago - maybe 2? - a horse in Europe won a few really big races, then it was discovered that he was a December foal, and all those winnings were stripped away from him and the people got in big trouble. With a horse this prominent, it would be devastating to be caught in a lie.

I've also had several farm managers tell me that the January 1st foals are usually legit - it's the January 2nd and 3rd foals that is where they claim all the December foals are born!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

The Steward wrote:Sean and I were talking about how a few years ago - maybe 2? - a horse in Europe won a few really big races, then it was discovered that he was a December foal, and all those winnings were stripped away from him and the people got in big trouble.
Endless Summer - disqualified after winning a Group 2 and finishing second in two Group Ones.

The unfortunate connection is Khalid Abdullah, who owned Endless Summer and owns Banstead Manor stud where the Magical Romance filly was born.

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.