Interesting Facts About Me

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Hey all, remember those obnoxious games you had to play on the first day of school where you had to tell about yourself and go around in a circle and blah blah?

This is the Interesting Facts About Me thread. You post one fact about you that is quirkyish. Just one. Then someone else goes. Then you can go again, if you want, but only one at a time.

I'll start - but because I'm starting someone better go after me.

I always drive with the sunshade pulled down, even if it's nighttime or if it's raining, because it freaks me out to be able to see the whole sky. I don't know why it just does. I also put it down when I'm the passenger in someone else's car, which people find highly annoying.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

I have to turn the radio off to park because it distracts me too much.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Since we're following a driving/car trend, I'll keep it going. I'm a notoriously bad driver. I make rolling stops, drive too fast/slow, but never just right, and my boyfriend says I drive with my "head in the clouds." I get bouts of road rage, and I frequently brake check people who ride my coattails. I make a lot of U-turns, because I always seem to miss the turn.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I am very impulsive. On Monday I'll have an idea and go balls to the wall at it, convinced it's THE idea. Then by Wednesday I've forgotten all about it and am checking out another one. These are life changing ideas, too, like switching schools and moving to so and so place.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Haha that's funny, because I've JUST informed my parents I'm moving out in two weeks with my boyfriend. Totally blindsided them. :rolleyes:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I get really tired in mid afternoon, around 2:30 or 3, and by 10pm I am wiped out, but if I don't go to sleep at first sign of being tired I will stay up until 3am just fretting and thinking despite how tired I am.

This is why I'm writing this - because I'm still awake.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I win. It is 5:52AM my time and I have yet to go to sleep. I, unlike everyone else here, drive cars very well. Driving boats... we won't go there right now, its not exactly pretty yet. I am a coxswain (pronounced *, not "swain") for the mens heavyweight crew team here. I get very frustrated with having to do schoolwork, especially when it requires me to down 24oz. of coffee to pull an all-nighter. On the plus side, its not as frequent as I had expected, this one is only the 3rd this year, so I'm not doing too bad.

I get really tired in midafternoon too, but only on Monday and Wednesdays when I have a boring philosophy class in a room thats too warm and with a professor that puts us to sleep. We discuss epistemology, which makes it even worse: for those not aware, that involves asking things like "If a 5 year old asks you 'Why?' as the response to every answer you give him, and you eventually get to a point where you don't know why, and you have to shrug your shoulders, does the regress of justification say that you don't know whatever it was that you answered first?" To put that simply, if a 5 year old asks you what ice cream comes from and you say milk, and he says "why" and you say "because its a necessary ingredient in ice cream" and he says "why" and you have absolutely no idea why ice cream MUST be made with milk and couldn't be made with the fruit of an ice cream tree, does that mean that you don't know that ice cream is made with milk? Thats my philosophy class, a little bit more complicated but seemingly just as pointless.

I'm watching the sun come up over pretty Gothic building in Princeton and very much disliking it, but now that I'm awake I may as well stay awake for breakfast, finish my linguistics take-home midterm and go to sleep for a brief nap before classes. To all you pre-collegiates out there: Intro To Linguistics is worse than it sounds. Avoid it at all costs, its frigging HARD.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I love where the Princeton team rows - I lived down there for a summer, and used to go run along the canal path, and it would be neat to see them practice.

I rowed for a semester when I was over in England, and just loved it. Coxing is not the easiest thing to do - I've rowed with some bad ones and some good ones, and you can really tell the difference.

I actually found a rowing club here in Louisville (and U of L has a women's team - the coach tried to recruit me when he first saw me row with the club - but then I explained I wasn't a student), but you row on the Ohio, with the barges and the boats that zip along and churn up huge wakes, so it's become much more of an every once in a while thing for me, because that river is just filthy (I should know, I've participated in several clean-ups) and makes me nervous. To be fair, there's one section that is more of an off-shoot, with an island between the shore and the rest of the Ohio, and has a no-wake zone, which I'm okay rowing on (and I learned to scull a single there - that's the fastest way to learn proper technique, IMHO, eight-man sweeps are much more forgiving), but it's only a half-mile long. If I could find some less intimidating water to row on, like I had in England, I'd be rowing regularly again in a heartbeat.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I have terrible OCD when doing barn chorse. I have to do everything exactly the same everyday or I forget something. Like i drive home in my barn boots! YUCK! People make fun of me for it, but hey everyone gets fed and the stall gets cleaned, so the horses don't care right.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I am old and shop at Hollister*

Not by choice, of course. Rather, my middle school students seem to think that I need to dress better (trendy little scamps) so I get gift certificates to that place every holiday season (and at the end of the year). I also don't drink caffeine anymore, so the $400 in Starbucks cards given to me over the past year go towards hot chocolate or their overpriced sandwiches.

* for those that don't know what Hollister is, it is basically the exclusive attire for anyone in "the O.C." or "Laguna Beach" cast. $50 t shirts and other things that make me cry.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I have bad reactions to caffeine so I don't have any - even some chocolates make me feel ill. This also means that I too drink Starbucks hot chocolate exclusively.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Umm.. I bottle-raised a cat that was thrown out as surgery waste from birth. Her name is Miracle. She tends to sit on my desk when I talk to Em.

And I think heated seats should be a standard, not a luxury, in vehicles. Even mid-summer, I will drive with the seat heater on in my landlady's car because I feel my back and butt should always be nice n' toasty.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Move to Florida. You will have no problems with the seats of your car being toasty in midsummer. There's a reason we avoid vinyl seats here.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Interesting thing about me:

I despise basketball and yet I'm going to school where everyone thinks, eats, and breaths basketball. So I've started watching, but only when we play; and I've started learning, but only so I don't have to keep asking "What just happened?" But even worse, is that my friend has actually dragged me out to stand in line for tickets at 5 am. I sat out there for I believe it was five hours in 20 degree weather. Trust me, that will not be happening again next year.

And now, I actually am beginning to care about the game! What's wrong with me?
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

I always have to wear my JustBelieve bracelet. Even when I'm required to take it off for lacrosse games - it goes in my kilt because I cannot play without it. I have other weird superstitions in sports - this is just one of them.