Werewolf Game 3: WINNER WEREWOLVES

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Werewolf Game 3: WINNER WEREWOLVES

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Here's all your Game 3 information!

The game will take place off-site from the SIM. The link to the site is here: http://simwerewolf.webs.com/
Please read through the FAQs and Role FAQs for updated information. The forum is where you will post your daily votes and discussions. The members page is where you can find all the player profiles and contact individuals via private messages.

Game 3 Timeline:
Wednesday August 11th -- Game info posted in SIM Forum
Friday August 13th by 12pm PDT -- Player verification due; send a PM with your SIM name and Werewolf alias to Maddy Gilbert (via SIM forum, email or site PM). IMPORTANT: If I don't get a message from you, I can't send you your role!
Friday August 13th -- Roles assigned and private messaged to players in the SIM forum/Game site. Check your inboxes!
Saturday August 14th -- Gameplay begins!

Game Hours:
Day Phase is 8am to 12am Pacific (SIM) time. Votes will be posted during this time.
Night Phase is 12am to 8am Pacific time. Special abilities or roles can be PMed to the Moderator during this time, but the voting thread will be locked.

Role Descriptions:
We will be playing single roles only this time through. The only exceptions to this are the Lovers and the Sheriff (see below).

Villager: Find and kill all the Werewolves. Win condition: all the Werewolves are killed.
Werewolf: Eat one Villager each night. Win condition: all the Villagers are eaten.

Alpha Wolf: Votes for pack kills counts as 2; has the ability to curse/transform one player into a Werewolf once per game. Sided with the Werewolves.
Cupid: Chooses two players at the beginning of the game; players become the "Lovers". Ability is used once per game. Sided with the Villagers.
Cursed: Appears as Villager until transformed by the Alpha Wolf; turns into Werewolf and loses all prior abilities/roles. Occurs once per game. Sided with the Werewolves.
Doppelganger: Chooses one person at the beginning of the game; takes that player's role if they die. Ability is used once per game. Originally sided with the Villagers.
Herbalist: Chooses one person to protect with wolfsbane at night; that person cannot be killed by the werewolves. Ability is used once each night. Sided with the Villagers.
Lawyer: Chooses one person to represent each night; that person cannot be lynched the next day. Ability can save one person once per game. Sided with the Villagers.
Lovers: Chosen by the Cupid at the beginning of the game; if one Lover dies, the other dies immediately. Ability is continuous. This is a "secondary" role; can be of any affiliation.
Lycan: Appears to be a werewolf to the Seer; is actually a normal Villager. Ability is continuous. Sided with the Villagers.
Mason: Identity of other Masons are known at the beginning of the game. Otherwise, acts as a normal Villager.
Priest: Singles out a player and learns if they are "vampire" or "not". Ability is used once each night. Sided with the Villagers.
Psychic: Singles out a player and attempts to identify their true ability/role. Does not identity "werewolf", "vampire" or "not". Ability is used once each night. Sided with the Villagers.
Seer: Singles out a player and learns if they are "werewolf" or "not". Ability is used once each night. Sided with the Villagers.
Sheriff: Vote for lynching counts as 2. Players vote this role at the beginning of the game, and any time the role is vacated (in the instance the player is killed). This is a "secondary" role; can be of any affiliation.
Sorcerer: Singles out a player and learns if they are the "Seer" or "not". Ability is used once each night. Sided with the Werewolves.
Vampire: Kill one person each night; player dies during the next day. Does not have an affiliation.
Vigilante: Immediately targets another player to die if they are killed. Ability is used once per game. Sided with the Villagers.
Witch: Has one save potion and one death potion; can kill or heal a player at night, once each per game. Sided with the Villagers.

**See the Role FAQs page for more detailed information.**
Last edited by Madelene Gilbert 13 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Werewolf Game 3: Updates

The following is a list of those interested in playing Game 3. If your name is in bold, you have already sent me a PM and are guaranteed a role. PMs need to be sent to either Maddy Gilbert or the Moderator by Friday at noon PDT.

Leo Beagle
Franky Dam
Mike Eaton
Jennifer Francis
Rose Hepburn
Talia Ichinari
Corey Lange
Anna Leroux
Janena Olson
Kira Ravenwood
Tanitha Starlet
Neil Thorne
Happy Trails
Mary Whalen
Rob Kilbourn
Last edited by Madelene Gilbert 14 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Roles will be assigned and PMd tonight (after I get back from the track).

There are still a few people I need confirmation from! This ensures we don't have "dropouts" during the first few days. Check the list above!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I wish I could have played this go-round. But, with real life interfering over the next week, I sadly don't have the time. Maybe next go-round :)
Kira Ravenwood
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Kira Ravenwood »

I assume we'll have our roles before 8 am pacific time Saturday. I haven't gotten anything yet.
Now Standing:
One Listens $5,000 Dirt Sprinter
Ease Up Lad $10,000 Turf Sprinter
Battlestar $40,000 Dirt Sprinter
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Yep, I'm getting those out now. Was waiting for a few last minute people!

On a side note, I will be leaving very early in the morning so won't be there to "officially" start the game exactly at 8am. However, the forum will be available and you guys can start posting.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

**I realize I'm a few hours early, but as the final votes are in I'm going to wrap things up. :D

Winner: WEREWOLVES
Congrats to Kristen Webster for pulling the perpetual "I'm 100% Human" card and getting everyone to believe it. ;)

Thank you to everyone who signed up this round!

Roles
Akisame (Mary Whalen) - Herbalist
Billy the Kid (Neil Thorne) - Psychic / Lover
Bulldog (Corey Lange) - Sorcerer / Lover
Crazy Annie (Mike Eaton) - Lawyer
Domin (Talia Ichinari) - Witch
Farmer Joe (Tanitha Starlet) - Cupid
Heckle & Jeckle (Leo Beagle) - Priest
Kano James (Kira Ravenwood) - Seer
Kristen Webster (Anna Leroux) - Werewolf
Lady Leap Alot (Jennifer Francis) - Lycan
Leah (Rose Hepburn) - Vampire
Lunar Eclipse (Janena Olson) - Alpha Wolf
Peggy Sue (Happy Trails) - Doppelganger / Sorcerer
Rickey Henderson (Franky Dam) - Vigilante

Timeline

Day 1: Farmer Joe picks Billy the Kid and Bulldog as the Lovers. Peggy Sue picks Bulldog as her Doppelganger target. Townsfolk vote Lady Leap Alot for Sheriff.
Night 1: Lunar Eclipse and Kristen Webster (werewolves) vote to eat Akisame (herbalist). Leah (vampire) votes to kill Lady Leap Alot (lycan). Kano James (seer) asks to "see" Lady Leap Alot.

Day 2: Townsfolk vote Crazy Annie (lawyer) as Sheriff. Townsfolk vote to lynch Billy the Kid (psychic).
Night 2: Bulldog (sorcerer) dies as Lover. Peggy Sue (doppelganger) becomes the Sorcerer. Werewolves vote to eat Crazy Annie. Vampire votes to kill Heckle & Jeckle (priest). Kano James (seer) asks to "see" Crazy Annie.

Day 3: Townsfolk narrowly vote Peggy Sue (sorcerer) as Sheriff. Townsfolk vote to lynch Kano James (seer). Rickey Henderson says something to tick the townsfolk off.
Night 3: Werewolves vote to eat Rickey Henderson (vigilante). Vampire votes to kill Rickey Henderson. Domin (witch) uses her "death" potion on Rickey Henderson.

Day 4: First day the Sheriff has survived the night. Townsfolk vote to lynch Domin (witch). Only one Villager remains.
Night 5: Werewolves vote to eat Farmer Joe (cupid). Vampire votes to kill Lunar Eclipse (alpha wolf).

Day 5: Peggy Sue prepares to make the worst decision of her life. Remaining townsfolk vote to lynch Leah (vampire).
Night 5: Kristen Webster (werewolf) votes to eat Peggy Sue (sorcerer).

Mod's Notes:
-Due to the lack of enrollment, the Masons were not utilized in the game.
-The undertaker was removed and the vampire added, making it possible to have 3 deaths per night and keep the game moving.
-Roles not utilized during gameplay: Vigilante did not kill an additional player; Witch did not use the "resurrection" potion; Lawyer did not save a player from lynching; Alpha Wolf did not curse/transform a villager.
-Found it interesting that the doppelganger picked a lover and changed alignments.
-Found it entertaining that the lycan would be voted as sheriff on the first day, and that the seer naturally checked up on her.
-Felt bad when Billy the Kid suddenly went from sheriff votes to lynching votes, knowing he was a villager role and lover.
-Laughed out loud when Rickey Henderson was killed three times over.
-Was surprised that cupid was the surviving villager-aligned role.
-Lunar Eclipse (alpha wolf) did not tell Peggy Sue (sorcerer) who the other wolf was.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Re: Werewolf Game 3: WINNER WEREWOLVES

Post by Mary Whalen »

Nice having the honor of being the first eaten, even if it made me go "why me?!". Of course it led to yelling at the computer "THE HERBALIST IS DEAD!" when someone suggested outing their role and they could be protected.
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

-Due to the lack of enrollment, the Masons were not utilized in the game.

That makes it hard to work out who people are, if the roles change.
Were we told about this and I missed the memo? It was a busy time with gallop's etc happening, I might have missed it.

-The undertaker was removed and the vampire added, making it possible to have 3 deaths per night and keep the game moving.

The vamp did make it go quicker, And made it IMO a bit more random/luck..
A vamp would have been nice in a game with more people I think. Like previous games.

Thanks for the game everyone.
Innocent Onlooker
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

The problem at the very end was not knowing if the vampire was considered for the villagers or the werewolves. I wasn't really sure if there were any wolves left after Lunar died and was pretty certain that Leah was the vampire. Had no clue about Kirsten at all.

Plus, even the moderator lied when she told me that Kano was NOT the seer. (Not that it really mattered since he was dead and so was the alpha wolf at that point.) If you can't trust the moderator how can you trust anyone. :)

Excellent job Kirsten (Anna), I couldn't even figure out who you were in the SIM!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Happy Trails wrote:The problem at the very end was not knowing if the vampire was considered for the villagers or the werewolves. I wasn't really sure if there were any wolves left after Lunar died and was pretty certain that Leah was the vampire. Had no clue about Kirsten at all.

Plus, even the moderator lied when she told me that Kano was NOT the seer. (Not that it really mattered since he was dead and so was the alpha wolf at that point.) If you can't trust the moderator how can you trust anyone. :)

Excellent job Kirsten (Anna), I couldn't even figure out who you were in the SIM!
What? I lied? Could have swore I said that Kano WAS the seer, but you asked me after he died, so that didn't really count anyway. :P

EDIT:
Peggy Sue
Aug. 17 2010 at 6:17 PM

Oh, wait, let me think ... um .... maybe Kano??? This doesn't help that the alpha wolf has the plague.... [:(] Grrrr.

Aug. 18 2010 at 3:21 AM

If Kano was still alive, "yes".

Unfortunately, he is not. And while you are aligned with the wolves, you are still a Villager and do not "win" with the wolves. I would advise you to stay indispensible.

How is this saying Kano is not the seer? Peggy Sue, you insult my honor as Moderator! :P
Neil Thorne
Classic Contender

Post by Neil Thorne »

ARGGH

this frustrated me. I tried to get the seer (kano) to out himself so that the herbalist (mary) could protect them. unfortunatly she was dead anyway but who knew?

Then i voted to lynch the eventual winner in which people were actually on my side but then someone else questions me because i tried to come up with ideas and then i get lynched!

I said not to follow evryone else like sheep.

thanks for the game. enjoyed it while i was alive for all of 2 days.

enjoyed it afterwards too. kept telling the computer kristen is the suspicious one.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Madelene Gilbert wrote:
Happy Trails wrote:The problem at the very end was not knowing if the vampire was considered for the villagers or the werewolves. I wasn't really sure if there were any wolves left after Lunar died and was pretty certain that Leah was the vampire. Had no clue about Kirsten at all.

What? I lied? Could have swore I said that Kano WAS the seer, but you asked me after he died, so that didn't really count anyway. :P

EDIT:
Peggy Sue
Aug. 17 2010 at 6:17 PM

Oh, wait, let me think ... um .... maybe Kano??? This doesn't help that the alpha wolf has the plague.... [:(] Grrrr.

Aug. 18 2010 at 3:21 AM

If Kano was still alive, "yes".

Unfortunately, he is not. And while you are aligned with the wolves, you are still a Villager and do not "win" with the wolves. I would advise you to stay indispensible.

How is this saying Kano is not the seer? Peggy Sue, you insult my honor as Moderator! :P
OK, for some reason I only saw the part that said "Unfortunately he is not." I didn't pick up on the "If Kano was still alive, "yes". Sorry, Maddy, ***MODERATOR DID NOT LIE Peggy Sue has some serious vision problems. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Madelene Gilbert wrote:And while you are aligned with the wolves, you are still a Villager and do not "win" with the wolves. I would advise you to stay indispensible
Hmm I'm not sure I get this.
So Happy ended up being aligned with the wolves, knew who the alpha wolf was, and had to help the wolves. IE help the wolves win.

And in helping the wolves win, if the wolves win she loses because shes human although shes on the wolves side.
So if she betrays her role and goes against the wolves, and kills the wolves (the alpha wolf was identified to her) then she wins.

And.. even werewolfs are human are human all day, but on the wolves side.
So I don't see how happy cant be human all day, but on the wolves side.
Or, shes on the wolves side, but if the wolves win she loses.

Arghh confusing.
Innocent Onlooker
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

i knew leah was the vampire i told yall ughhh
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.